Trump is 37 “faithless electors” away from re-election

No need for faithless electors.
Trump needs Ga and Pa. Georgia could flip as they’re not only recounting but also doing a full audit. Since the margin of votes is so small, it’s not farfetched to think that Georgia could flip. Then it’s left to PA which could end up in the Supreme court and judge Alito already called for the ballots with a question mark to be segregated. So only two things need to happen.

Biden still has exactly 270 at that point. I think you need a third thing.

Ya any elector going rogue should be beaten in the streets

I don’t care which side you’re on.... you cast your vote based on what the people of your state say

So that’s why the founding father’s drew it up that way? So people could get beat in the streets?

People still try imagine a scenario where Trump does'nt lose

<{vega}>

Biden still has exactly 270 at that point. I think you need a third thing.
Hilary had 5 faithless electors in 2016. They either abstained or voted for Sanders? Might happen again. Is it also possible that state legislatures pick a republican elector despite state being actually blue? Esp in states that were previously red?

Isnt the president picked by the House if nobody gets 270 votes?
Yes, but I think it's state-by-state as opposed to Nancy's choice. So Trump would win.

He wins if this election is fair
If with some cheat he wins i would get a good laugh, as the blm/antifa/riot scum deserve nothing but an epic troll move like that

But he's not going to win, is over dude

tenor.gif

Ok, so if it should just go by popular vote then why don’t all the electors just vote for winner of national popular vote..or get beat in the streets?
They're not allowed to do that. And it doesn't go by popular vote. Never will. It would take a constitutional amendment and then 3/4 of the states to vote for it, removing any power or say they had in a general election (most of them). Never happen, so we will always use the electoral college.
Another example of the simple brilliance of the forefathers.

Or Texas.
NY, TX, CA, IL, FL could agree and none of the other states would have a say. Popular vote. We can't do it that way. People who talk about abolishing the electoral college don't recognize it's genius. Or their own retardedness. Probably a little of both.

And definitely don't realize that it will never happen, no matter what. Can't. You won't get 3/4 of the states to vote to make themselves irrelevant in a general election for POTUS, which you would need in order to pass a constitutional amendment.

So it's a fools errand to even discuss it.

NY, TX, CA, IL, FL could agree and none of the other states would have a say. Popular vote. We can't do it that way. People who talk about abolishing the electoral college don't recognize it's genius. Or their own retardedness. Probably a little of both.

And definitely don't realize that it will never happen, no matter what. Can't. You won't get 3/4 of the states to vote to make themselves irrelevant in a general election for POTUS, which you would need in order to pass a constitutional amendment.

So it's a fools errand to even discuss it.
The popular vote compact would happen the moment Texas turns blue, should that happen. Republicans would be unable to win the presidency and they would rightfully call for the end of the EC. Long term the PV is the only way to make every vote count, and the parties would adjust to it. Not that aren't potential downsides of course.

The popular vote compact would happen the moment Texas turns blue, should that happen. Republicans would be unable to win the presidency and they would rightfully call for the end of the EC. Long term the PV is the only way to make every vote count, and the parties would adjust to it. Not that aren't potential downsides of course.
I don't think you understand. You would need a constitutional amendment where you got the states who would never matter again to vote for it. All of them. It's never going to happen. The other 45 states in my example would say "no thanks" and it's over. And that's if you ever got the house and senate to vote for it with large majorities and a POTUS to sign it. Then the states would laugh and laugh and shoot it down. It's a non-starter. Never going to happen. Ever. We will always have the electoral college as long as we have a US constitution. So as long as we're the USofA. No way around that fact. To be honest, it's not even debatable. As mentioned, it's a moot point. Nothing worth even considering.

I don't think you understand. You would need a constitutional amendment where you got the states who would never matter again to vote for it. All of them. It's never going to happen. The other 45 states in my example would say "no thanks" and it's over. And that's if you ever got the house and senate to vote for it with large majorities and a POTUS to sign it. Then the states would laugh and laugh and shoot it down. It's a non-starter. Never going to happen. Ever. We will always have the electoral college as long as we have a US constitution. So as long as we're the USofA. No way around that fact. To be honest, it's not even debatable. As mentioned, it's a moot point. Nothing worth even considering.
If states that make up 270 EVs all have a law that their votes will go to the national popular vote winner (which only goes into effect once the compact reaches 270 votes), then the EC is not in effect. I think the compact is up to 191 EVs. That's a way to do it legally without amending the constitution.

If states that make up 270 EVs all have a law that their votes will go to the national popular vote winner (which only goes into effect once the compact reaches 270 votes), then the EC is not in effect. I think the compact is up to 191 EVs. That's a way to do it legally without amending the constitution.
Unconstitutional and the first time it was going to benefit a candidate who would not win the electoral college votes based on the votes within the individual states, the SCOTUS would tell you so. Even if it was 7-2 liberal at the time. Because it would be blatantly unconstitutional. The electoral college will outlive us all. Fact.

Unconstitutional and the first time it was going to benefit a candidate who would not win the electoral college votes based on the votes within the individual states, the SCOTUS would tell you so. Even if it was 7-2 liberal at the time. Because it would be blatantly unconstitutional. The electoral college will outlive us all. Fact.
It's not unconstitutional, or at least, I've never read a convincing argument that it was. A state controls its elections, and a state can make a law that its votes go to the popular vote winner. If that's true, then states can agree to do this together. Surprised that a states' rights proponent could oppose this in good conscience.

It's not unconstitutional, or at least, I've never read a convincing argument that it was. A state controls its elections, and a state can make a law that its votes go to the popular vote winner. If that's true, then states can agree to do this together. Surprised that a states' rights proponent could oppose this in good conscience.
It definitely is. And clearly.

Federal election law supersedes state election law, like any federal law "Trumps" (pun intended) state law. Weed is legal where it's legal, now. Hell, everything is legal in OR, now. But it's not legal federally and they can come in at any time and bring down the hammer. They may in OR, actually.
But overall, there is no desire to do that with weed because everyone on both sides of the aisle thinks it's fine if people use weed, edibles, whatever. THC.

Back