Social Trump hiding conversations with putin

I do not understand why Trumps cronnies on here are fine with him hiding conversations between two nations. What is the purpose of these secret conversations? If Trump has a valid reason (ie national security atm) I am all for it.

Wolfowitz and Kristol are still anti-Trump (Kristol was tweeting about "regime change" in China the other day).
Of course who needs them when you've embraced Bolton.
I know Kristol is, and that doesn't surprise me, because Trump is seen as sympathetic to the Alt-Right/Dissident Right , friendly with Russia and not a gung-ho interventionist like they would prefer. But the Neocons have the luxury of being both against and Pro Trump ; they can have their cake and eat it too, because at the end of the day he supports Israel's likudnik sympathies.

I do not understand why Trumps cronnies on here are fine with him hiding conversations between two nations. What is the purpose of these secret conversations? If Trump has a valid reason (ie national security atm) I am all for it.

Same reasons why other politicians before him have secret conversations. But if Trump were any more secret, it's probably due to leaks and the deep states tentacles reaching further than any before, and he understands discretion is of the utmost importance.

With how many fucking leaks there are in this administration I wouldn't even talk to my dog in front of people.
Trump has not even mentioned leaks in his defense of this. I can't think of any logical reason to keep your own administration in the dark about talks with an advisory

Trump has not even mentioned leaks in his defense of this. I can't think of any logical reason to keep your own administration in the dark about talks with an advisory

What has been his defense of this, I couldn't find it? Like I said before with all the leaks from his administration I see plenty of reasons to keep things quite. Apparently they also did this with talks they had with North Korea.

What has been his defense of this, I couldn't find it? Like I said before with all the leaks from his administration I see plenty of reasons to keep things quite. Apparently they also did this with talks they had with North Korea.
there is no "they"...this is Trump keeping his conversations with Putin secret...from everyone including his "trusted" advisors in at least one instance.

I think it's "He's the president, he doesn't have to be transparent and he's just making friendly relationships, this is nothing. Every president does it."

This Russia thing has been going on for 3 years. I really want to know where the dems are going to with this. Pretty sure most Americans are sick and tired of hearing about Russia by now.

2.5 years, which is nothing compared to benghazi.

And if why don't you care if your president has been compromised by the Kremlin?

I wonder why he doesn't do the same thing when he meets with other world leaders. Why he doesn't confiscate the interpretor's notes. Why he doesn't threaten the translator to keep quiet. Why he doesn't let others on his team in on the meeting in person or on what was discussed. Seems extremely shady.

I wonder why he doesn't do the same thing when he meets with other world leaders. Why he doesn't confiscate the interpretor's notes. Why he doesn't threaten the translator to keep quiet. Why he doesn't let others on his team in on the meeting in person or on what was discussed. Seems extremely shady.

I don’t think other leaders have a pee tape

Does every president do it?
no. It is common to have another senior official in the meeting and to have notes available to the senior WH staff with the appropriate clearance just to avoid any potential he said/ she said tyep misunderstandings.

Right now the only ones who can prove anything in that discussion are the Russians. They could assert anything and blame Trump for anything and he would have no proof, no back up. Just his verbal word which we all agree is garbage in terms of truthfulness.

Exactly correct which is why it’s hard to believe why you wouldn’t think Trump is a puppet. Cognitive dissonance

<JagsKiddingMe>

You seem to be having issues with telling when a person is mocking you...I was giving more examples oh why you would think like that.

Worth looking at again, Trump advocating for Putin's offer to let Russian Intelligence in on the Mueller probe, and him questioning the conclusions of US intelligence.

Evelyn Farkas former number 2 in Russian intelligence under Obama: if this was Israel they would get to Trump through Jarrad Kushner. When dealing with a bad actor you need to retain notes. She does not trust his actions during his meetings.

Who cares? It's just page after page of "relaxed groaning".

<JagsKiddingMe>

You seem to be having issues with telling when a person is mocking you...I was giving more examples oh why you would think like that.

You Trumpers are so dishonest and idiotic sorry... it’s hard to tell with you girls

Butthurt libs over country though... got it lol

Back