Social Trump fires John Bolton

I highly doubt that. Bolton is a raging neocon. He's a fucking psychopath. He wants to take on Russia, Venezuela, Iran and Syria at the same time. It's insane.

Seems like a pretty unreasonable assumption.

Trump was well aware of Bolton's politics when he got hired as was everyone else so it's more likely it was something else.

Just about everyone agrees Bolton is terrible and are thankful he didn’t convince Trump to take erroneous actions.

But there’s a big picture problem here. He’s the 3rd to go in less than 3 years. Trump is not hiring good people. And does anyone think someone who is highly qualified with a solid reputation wants this job? Trump isn’t only looking for objective views on keeping the world safe. You can be fired if you didn’t like his photo op with brutal dictators!

Trump is so toxic I fear good people don’t want important positions.

Trump is only looking for someone who will elevate his image to the American people. He has no principles by which he refer to when deciding on actions. His sole considerations are "who is less likely to make me look bad?" and "who will make me look good?"

Notice how he only moves forward with policies and actions that draw the biggest roar in a crowd? The border wall and "mexico will pay for it" is a prime example.

Seems like a pretty unreasonable assumption.

Trump was well aware of Bolton's politics when he got hired as was everyone else so it's more likely it was something else.
Still seems entirely plausible to me that Trump got sick of the constant advocating for regime change wars and proxy wars and agitating Russia. And I don't blame him.

Still seems entirely plausible to me that Trump got sick of the constant advocating for regime change wars and proxy wars and agitating Russia. And I don't blame him.

Not really.

Trump has the highest turnover for his cabinet and staff I've ever seen.

Seems more like he's the problem than the people he's hired.

Trump is only looking for someone who will elevate his image to the American people. He has no principles by which he refer to when deciding on actions. His sole considerations are "who is less likely to make me look bad?" and "who will make me look good?"

Notice how he only moves forward with policies and actions that draw the biggest roar in a crowd? The border wall and "mexico will pay for it" is a prime example.
Exactly. And anyone worth a shit will avoid the guy at this point for the reasons you state.

Early on some high quality folks took the job assuming they could make a bad president a little less bad and now they’re all gone.

Just about everyone agrees Bolton is terrible and are thankful he didn’t convince Trump to take erroneous actions.

But there’s a big picture problem here. He’s the 3rd to go in less than 3 years. Trump is not hiring good people. And does anyone think someone who is highly qualified with a solid reputation wants this job? Trump isn’t only looking for objective views on keeping the world safe. You can be fired if you didn’t like his photo op with brutal dictators!

Trump is so toxic I fear good people don’t want important positions.

Hire fast fire fast is a good management strategy. I've adopted the same over the years. You can only know people so we'll until they are in the position and actually doing the job.

Hire fast fire fast is a good management strategy. I've adopted the same over the years. You can only know people so we'll until they are in the position and actually doing the job.
It works in business for certain positions (usually low level) but not for positions that are complex or require developing and maintaining relationships. I think it’s a bad thing when it comes to cabinet members and advisors, particularly ones responsible for helping to keep us safe. The broader point though is the turnover and trumps expectations are all but certain to lower the quality of the candidates willing to take the job.

All Bolton has to do is call Trump stupid in a tweet, and the left will praise him as a hero.

I can't wait to read the first lefty insult Trump for firing Bolton. Did it happen in this thread yet?

Not really.

Trump has the highest turnover for his cabinet and staff I've ever seen.

Seems more like he's the problem than the people he's hired.
Generally speaking, perhaps. But in this instance, Bolton is the problem. Guys like him are ALWAYS the problem. Trump is amoral. Bolton is evil. Trump can do good if he is incentivized to do good and has the right people around to advise him. Bolton has an evil ideology that he will always advocate for, he's evil, he had to go.

Bolton should have never been hired in the first place, he is terrible.
This does show the dysfunction of this administration. All the people leaving or being fired. I thought Trump would hire "only the best people"
So which Fox News host will get Bolton's job. You think Trump will bring on Steve Doucey or Brian Kilmeade?

They should hire you.

Every foxnews show needs a token democrat to mock.

Some of us know why people like him won't be happy. If Israel wants war with Iran so badly then maybe they should fight it themselves.

Conservatives and people on the right need to wake up and realize that these people are not your friends and allies.

Good. However, it's unfortunate that he managed to make even this objectively good action into a mess by not telling anyone else in the White House. This morning, it was announced that Bolton would be briefing the press.

Lol.

Bolton, last night: I quit.

Donald, last night: Don't quit, let's talk.

Donald, this morning: I fired Bolton last night.

Bolton: pikachudisbelief.gif

Wait...you really believe that Bolton was offering to resign like he said? <Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

Last edited:
Generally speaking, perhaps. But in this instance, Bolton is the problem. Guys like him are ALWAYS the problem. Trump is amoral. Bolton is evil. Trump can do good if he is incentivized to do good and has the right people around to advise him. Bolton has an evil ideology that he will always advocate for, he's evil, he had to go.

That's a pretty wild assumption still... and still ignores that this was all well known when he was hired.

He resigned.. it's not like he got actually fired.

Last edited:
He offered to resign because he was going to be fired, obviously.

nailed it.

Otherwise, he would've just continued on his merry way creating new wars while looking like Colonel Sanders Brother.

Yes, duh. This is often why people resign. But you let them resign so that they can keep their dignity, instead of firing them, which only serves to humiliate them.

FUCK HIS DIGNITY!!

Bolton is a piece of shit that deserved to get HUMILIATED AND FIRED.

Only thing that would've made it better is if he got his head and mustache shaved off....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back