Social Trump fires John Bolton

Why was that POS hired in the first place?

Why was that POS hired in the first place?
The actual story like most things Trump does is pretty ridiculous. Bolton is a long time fox news talking head. So bolton would go on fox news and defend Trump. Trump saw him and gave him the job for that reason. Bolton isn't the only one who got a job like that or Trump tried to hire.

Yeah, my quote doesn't say that we are going to go to war with Iran, just that the neocons have had a hard on for war with Iran for a long, long time. Like 14 years now. What rock have you been living under?
Thank God saner heads than Bolton's and his neocon cronies prevailed.
And since when does NSA get to decide when and where to go to war? Last I checked, that would be the President or the Congress.
The fact that we aren't at war with Iran gets credited to Trump, not Bolton.
You tried, though.
That's a lot of sentences to convince the reader you didn't really believe Bolton would take us to war. Just another blathering parrot who had no clue how Bolton thinks, or what his tenure would entail.

Shouldn't that depend on the reason for the firing? Nobody here likes Bolton, but that doesn't mean he was wrong in whatever this dispute with Trump was. On any given dispute with Trump, I'd bet that Bolton or any other person in his position is more likely right.

Or that he should never have been hired in the first place. Or that the seemingly revolving door of people in and out of the administration puts lie to the 'only the best people' claim.

That's a lot of sentences to convince the reader you didn't really believe Bolton would take us to war. Just another blathering parrot who had no clue how Bolton thinks, or what his tenure would entail.
I looked at the first 4 links you embedded to posts and none of the posts you linked to had one person saying we would be going to war with Iran because of Bolton's hire. All I saw were posters saying exactly what the Trump supporters in this thread are now saying, and that's that Bolton was a warhawk that wanted to go to war with Iran.....yet for some reason you're not calling them out once Bolton is fired, but somehow you linking to posts by liberals believing that Bolton is a warhawk from the Bush Administration is some grand reveal.

I looked at the first 4 links you embedded to posts and none of the posts you linked to had one person saying we would be going to war with Iran because of Bolton's hire. All I saw were posters saying exactly what the Trump supporters in this thread are now saying, and that's that Bolton was a warhawk that wanted to go to war with Iran.....yet for some reason you're not calling them out once Bolton is fired, but somehow you linking to posts by liberals believing that Bolton is a warhawk from the Bush Administration is some grand reveal.
Maybe you just suck at reading.

I didn't restrict my comments to liberals, and there are dozens of posts by posters anticipating war. Get out your glossary. When people accuse Bolton of being a "Neocon" it's a prediction that he will eventually stage a theatrical war with the real intention of establishing an American military presence in those countries, ultimately with the goal of distributing reconstruction contracts to American companies, principally oil companies (in the Middle East), in order to further the MIC and enrich his cronyist friends who own or are heavily invested in those companies. Many of those posters rooted these forecasts in their shallow rehashes of the W. administration's Iraq invasion that cited WMDs to justify the invasion. "Chicken hawk" is another loaded term.

Tell me, what is this supposed to mean?
LOL @ any of the fucking idiots who claimed that Hillary was a much bigger warhawk.
Since Trump has started no wars, then who exactly were the "fucking idiots" that rightly believed Hillary was more hawkish in foreign policies, like undertaking unilateral illegal military actions abroad, or starting wars, hmm?

There are dozens upon dozens of posters who penned posts similar to this in those threads. So many forecast we would be involved in wars on behalf of the evil Israeli lobby, or on behalf of the oil men.

Wow, here's another just below it:
It's Iran. We're going to trade Syria and Crimea for Iran. I called this when Trump took office last year.

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH!!!
That's obviously a prediction of war to be started with Iran.

Maybe you should read more, or maybe...it wouldn't matter if you did.

Good.
It's not like Bolton ever made a secret of his policy agenda.
It made no sense to hire him just because they agreed on the Iran deal and Bolton had penned a rough plan of exit.
Now let's see this "better deal" Trump thinks he can negotiate.

Good.
It's not like Bolton ever made a secret of his policy agenda.
It made no sense to hire him just because they agreed on the Iran deal and Bolton had penned a rough plan of exit.
Now let's see this "better deal" Trump thinks he can negotiate.

Lucky for you, I have psychic powers and can see the future.

Trump will have no deal and complain about Democrats.

I know, it seems unlikely, but my powers are the real deal.

Lucky for you, I have psychic powers and can see the future.

Trump will have no deal and complain about Democrats.

I know, it seems unlikely, but my powers are the real deal.

The question in my mind is whether Trump really backed down from the sabre rattling on Iran because he didn't think it was worth the cost in lives, or because he thought there might actually be a limit to the level of hypocrisy even Trump supporters find acceptable.

The question in my mind is whether Trump really backed down from the sabre rattling on Iran because he didn't think it was worth the cost in lives, or because he thought there might actually be a limit to the level of hypocrisy even Trump supporters find acceptable.

I assume he just kinda forgot when nothing happened for a few days.

We both know there is no level of hypocrisy that trump supports cant handle. Look at that Saudi reporter murder (cant spell his name) thread.

I assume he just kinda forgot when nothing happened for a few days.

We both know there is no level of hypocrisy that trump supports cant handle. Look at that Saudi reporter murder (cant spell his name) thread.

Yeah, I've had extremely low expectations of the American electorate since they elected Bush Jr a second time.
Even reelecting Trump if he started a war with Iran wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, I've had extremely low expectations of the American electorate since they elected Bush Jr a second time.
Even reelecting Trump if he started a war with Iran wouldn't surprise me.

That is somethi g Trump has recognized and taken advantage of. He talked about it before.

That is somethi g Trump has recognized and taken advantage of. He talked about it before.

When he said he could get away with shooting someone in the street and not lose a single voter?

Yes. There is nothing they won't criticize Trump over. Not even firing Satan himself.

Case in point:

Already looking for a reason why this was a bad call.

You act like Trump can't be criticized. The guy is unstable.

That's the one. Hes right too.

As long as the guy he shot wasn't a Trump supporter.
Well... If he was a Trump supporter, as long as he didn't die.

As long as the guy he shot wasn't a Trump supporter.
Well... If he was a Trump supporter, as long as he didn't die.

And if he died...... I mean how many rallies did he attend?

And if he died...... I mean how many rallies did he attend?

I meant if he shot and killed a Trump supporter, then he probably would lose a single vote.

Back