Elections Trump economic adviser refers to people as the human stock market

Basically an oligarch breaking kayfabe for a second.

They see everyone else as live stock.

smells like goyem in here.

Basically an oligarch breaking kayfabe for a second.

They see everyone else as live stock.

This will likely get deleted put it in for yucks.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/b6/43/cfb6430d98bfd8511d8da51c5e4827eb.jpg

cfb6430d98bfd8511d8da51c5e4827eb.jpg

one one hand, it's factually correct
on the other, slaves hate when you call them that
it doesn't change their condition
but it makes them feel better if you call them something else

How do people ever get so stupid.

But mahhh feelings wehhw wweehhh

Have you insane people never heard the term "human capital" before?

It's good that Trump's economic adviser Kevin Hassett thinks of people as cattle an good for the stock market. He had no clue that talking about people like cattle is a bad idea. He even smiled an dug the hole deeper by saying US leads in having people as human capital that is good for companies.

No concern over their safety or their lives in general but their lives are comparable to cattle and their lives are insignificant. No mention of their dangers of their lives going back to work.

While Washington continues to lead in testing people daily CDC now says testing is only accurate 1/2 the time. This is likely being done because of pressure from the administration not out of actual data. Former CDC workers stated "We wonder what happened to the CDC since the new administration" .

This situation is getting worst as the administration deals with all these problems all at once. It's not getting better for the country is only getting worse.

Ok Trumpsters "it's all TDS" dolts rage on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...kevin-hassett-human-capital-stock-coronavirus

Sorry dude, I don't see the outrage. Sounds like a generalised term to me.

Awkward phrasing, but the statement itself is not a big deal.

We are, get real. Let’s not be as stupid as we look. We’re the reason for most problems. Divide and conquer.

On a general note, based on my experiences, I'm not too fond of the situation many American workers are in. Granted my experience is limited but I've been to the US for extended visits to work with the companies that my company owns there, as well with some others, and I frankly find it embarrassing how much worse the American workers have it compared to those in Sweden and that my company isn't interested in making any change to the US companies to make them more equal in terms of the situation of the employees. After all the living standards of the countries are similar so it's not like when I compare to facilities we have in, say, India. The companies I've been to have a very old fashioned way of running things, where they just push the workers harder to increase productivity, while the Swedish side aims to increase productivity by improving the working conditions. The latter has generated the best productivity for the same kind of work.

As said, I have limited experience but from the people I've spoken to what I experienced does not seem uncommon. Of course the company I work for is likely on the better end of companies to work for in Sweden as well, so of course not everyone here have it great, but given the very high profitability it still works very well as an example of more modern employee management. Work smarter, not harder. Granted not all of the benefits have been given out just for the sake of it. Union negotiations have changed things quite a bit as well, but there have never been any big conflicts there.

It wasn't dishonest. You just don't like admitting that I was right. You can be kind of petty that way sometimes. Well, all the time, but I still love you.

No, it was. You said that he used "fairly straightforward economic jargon," but he used it in a nonstandard way. Your consistent refusal to simply argue honestly for your points is very odd. Would seem to indicate that you don't think the GOP is defensible on rational grounds, but if I believed that something or someone couldn't be defended rationally, that would tell me it or they shouldn't be defended at all.

No, it was. You said that he used "fairly straightforward economic jargon," but he used it in a nonstandard way.

It was straightforward. What he meant was immediately recognizable to anyone who has ever done any reading in economics. This is why you immediately realized that this was "no big deal" and that the reaction to it was "hysterical".

Here, since you seem to be confusing straightforward to mean "conventional":

straight·for·ward
/ˌstrātˈfôrwərd/
adjective
  1. uncomplicated and easy to do or understand.
    "in a straightforward case no fees will be charged"

This is the same guy that on May 1st was predicting that US COVID-19 deaths would be down to zero by May 15th right?

It was straightforward. What he meant was immediately recognizable to anyone who has ever done any reading in economics. This is why you immediately realized that this was "no big deal" and that the reaction to it was "hysterical".

Here, since you seem to be confusing straightforward to mean "conventional"

Not confusing anything.

Being generous, what may have happened is that you just knee-jerked a defense (or maybe were regurgitating a defense that someone else made) without really thinking about it. Hey, someone criticized a Republican somewhere. Inga has to come in and defend it. But you didn't realize that the criticism wasn't of the term but of his usage of it. You weren't thinking in terms of whether what you said was true as much as you were thinking in terms of "was the GOP bad?" which carries an automatic answer in your mind. You failed to decouple, in other words:

https://everythingstudies.com/2019/03/01/the-tilted-political-compass-part-1-left-and-right/

But less generously (and, given your history, perhaps more accurately), you knew what the discussion was about but wanted to obfuscate for partisan purposes.

Nothing new. Those who move geopolitical pieces on the chessboard of governance have always thought of the people as cattle, as property etc. And our birth certificates are all the proof you need...

Back