Economy Trump dismisses independent chair appointed to supervise use of trillion-dollar stimulus funds

The oval office was used for self-enrichment way before Trump entered the picture. You need to understand nothing really changed and unless it will after Trump, this is essentially business as usual forever.

You should have just used the same meme cause you just basically posted:

<Fedor23>

Except you have no basis to imply that Democrats would be okay with the head of their party doing this. For all the empty histrionics from the GOP, neither Clinton nor Obama were remotely comparable in terms of corruption to Trump (or, hell, Reagan, George W. Bush, McConnell, or Gingrich).

You could guess that Democrats would have been okay with flagrant corruption and hypocrisy by Obama, but that's all it would be: a guess.
You're objecting to the hypothetical nature of a response to a hypothetical.

This post is pointless partisan yapping.
True, but it would be wrong in either case. Such a huge pile of money, especially when it's going to the good of the nation in a time of crisis, needs neutral oversight. Otherwise the money is a political tool, or can be looted.
I don't disagree. Trump's a nepotist and cronyist. I just don't care for that hypothetical being rolled out when it's true for both sides. It makes more sense to me to field it when there is imbalance. For example, headlining comments directed at white politicians or public figures that would set off a firestorm if directed at a minority. Those occur all the time.

There's little point mentioning these truths when there isn't an underlying hypocrisy at play like that.

Most of the trolls are awaiting their talking points from right wing sources on how to spin this.

They suuuuuuure are
Stopped reading at you guys to respond but based on recent postings I predict it to be something like that

"Wow its just some random guy, means nothing."

Or

"Trump can dismiss whoever he wants, nothing wrong with that "

Did I get it right?

Edit

Yup, that was pretty much it

Last edited:
Except you have no basis to imply that Democrats would be okay with the head of their party doing this. For all the empty histrionics from the GOP, neither Clinton nor Obama were remotely comparable in terms of corruption to Trump (or, hell, Reagan, George W. Bush, McConnell, or Gingrich).

You could guess that Democrats would have been okay with flagrant corruption and hypocrisy by Obama, but that's all it would be: a guess.

Obama is the most sued president in history. A far cry from lack of hypocrisy or corruption displayed by Obama you pretend to be blind to.

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration in its final year in office spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs defending its refusal to turn over federal records under the Freedom of Information Act, according to an Associated Press analysis of new U.S. data that also showed poor performance in other categories measuring transparency in government.

For a second consecutive year, the Obama administration set a record for times federal employees told citizens, journalists and others that despite searching they couldn’t find a single page of files that were requested.

And it set records for outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records who had asked the government to waive search and copy fees.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-administration-spent-36m-on-records-lawsuits-last-year/

News broke this week that at least 11 states are suing the Obama administration over Obama’s strong-arming public schools into conforming to this crazy notion that it’s okay for little boys to use little girls’ bathrooms and changing areas. The move came just weeks after Obama’s Department of Education issued “guidance” urging schools to let boys to use girls’ facilities upon request – or risk losing the millions in federal funding many already struggling school districts desperately need to stay afloat.

TransCanada announced in January that they were suing Obama for rejecting the Keystone Pipeline. But you didn’t hear about it because the media stayed mum.

Twenty-five states, led by Texas, sued the administration last year over Obama’s unilateral actions on immigration, which managed to piss off everyone from Florida to Arizona to Maine.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-b...obama-over-amnesty-but-some-states-are-silent

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) complaints filed in federal court have skyrocketed under President Barack Obama despite his promise to have “the most transparent administration ever,” according to a comprehensive analysis by a Syracuse University research unit.

A total of 498 FOIA lawsuits were filed in 2015, the highest number since 2001, the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse study made public Wednesday. The 421 suits filed in 2014 previously held the highest annual total.

The most recent two-year total represents a 54 percent increase over the total of 595 FOIA lawsuits filed in 2009 and 2010. See the accompanying chart below.

https://dailycaller.com/2016/01/06/record-number-of-foia-lawsuits-filed-against-obama/

This term, however, confirmed a very real phenomenon: the Obama administration, by historical standards, has done exceedingly poorly before the Supreme Court. While this conclusion may seem counterintuitive given the term’s liberal victories on abortion and affirmative action—or previous terms’ rulings upholding Obamacare—the statistics are staggering.

https://thefederalist.com/2016/07/0...supreme-court-more-than-any-modern-president/

Obama literally was the posterboy for abusing the constitution more than any modern era president. Even his record in Supreme Court attests to that fact. Sorry, but there’s no point in being believing your own false narratives when it’s very much verifiable.

You should have just used the same meme cause you just basically posted:

<Fedor23>

It’s a bit more nuanced than that. If you did not understand it, then, yeah, a shrug will suffice.

This is the same political party that incessantly rails against poor people getting too much in food stamps and this is the kind of crap that they constantly pull. How can anyone who's not incredibly wealthy or a religious nut vote for the GOP ?
Hatred and/or stupidity.

I like Trump but this is shady as fuck! Hopefully this brought to public and something is done to stop the potential corruption

I read this earlier.

His cult pet followers will spin this as a win for the average American.
99% of the stuff the media says about Trump is a lie. Why should I believe this one? I have no idea if this is true or not.

It’s a bit more nuanced than that. If you did not understand it, then, yeah, a shrug will suffice.

I got some nuance for you:
full

Obama is the most sued president in history. A far cry from lack of hypocrisy or corruption displayed by Obama you pretend to be blind to.

Obama literally was the posterboy for abusing the constitution more than any modern era president. Even his record in Supreme Court attests to that fact. Sorry, but there’s no point in being believing your own false narratives when it’s very much verifiable.

Fighting FOIA requests does not in itself indicate a corrupt and dishonest administration nor does a massive surge in FOIA requests mean anything more than people or organizations are making more FOIA requests than before. This is all not to mention states sue the Federal Gov. all the time.

If you want to take Obama to task for drone strikes because of the lack of insight into their success or the civilian casualties they produced, that's fine - you'll get no argument from me.

But beyond all that, citing Obama losing in a conservative SC is meh' at best... that doesn't pass muster as a real argument of anything whatsoever.

Fighting FOIA requests does not in itself indicate a corrupt and dishonest administration nor does a massive surge in FOIA requests mean anything more than people or organizations are making more FOIA requests than before. This is all not to mention states sue the Federal Gov. all the time.

If you want to take Obama to task for drone strikes because of the lack of insight into their success or the civilian casualties they produced, that's fine - you'll get no argument from me.

But beyond all that, citing Obama losing in a conservative SC is meh' at best... that doesn't pass muster as a real argument of anything whatsoever.

Right. Losing in Supreme Court is no big deal in relation to abuse(s) of the constitution.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Which has what to do with the GOP refusing to hold him accountable for anything

Dont you know? The real problem here isnt the cronyism and potential corruption on behalf of the president (it NEVER is), it's the dems working with the president to make a deal!

Stopped reading at you guys to respond but based on recent postings I predict it to be something like that

"Wow its just some random guy, means nothing."

Or

"Trump can dismiss whoever he wants, nothing wrong with that "

Did I get it right?

Edit

Yup, that was pretty much it

Pretty much.

But you did forget the "Everyones corrupt, so what's the big deal?"

That dumb one always gets some play, being vague enough to apply to anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back