International Trump considering giving Iran $15 billion line of credit

I supported (and still do) his FDI restrictions and export controls on the CCP in regards to the chip industry because it's as invaluable an economic, technological and industrial asset the country has. It's a primary source of innovation, high wage employment, global exports, sustained growth and national security.

So it was gravely concerning to discover he doesn't actually have the first clue about it (surprise, surprise), hasn't been at the wheel of those moves and legit puts more stock into coal mining and steel production. "This Is It!" Yeah, that was it. He needs to be removed from office, desperately.

Trump being right about stopping Chinese industrial espionage / IP infringement reminds me of Joffrey asking Tywin about those Dragons.

The symbolism is scarily accurate.

Iran doesn’t have to pay anyone back if Trump decides to play hardball, again. Giving them a line of credit is the dumbest idea I’ve heard in some time.

Exactly

What are they going to do if they Iranians decide not to pay? Send some repo guy?

Trump being right about stopping Chinese industrial espionage / IP infringement reminds me of Joffrey asking Tywin about those Dragons.

The symbolism is scarily accurate.

I haven't seen GOT, but I'm sure this is on point. :cool:

Sounds like he is desperately trying everything he can to avoid a military conflict, which some stakeholders are adamant about.

At least I hope it is that.

High five.

On GOT? Yeah, I don't watch television and fantasy stuff in general just isn't my thing. That's kind of weird because science fiction is probs my fave film genre though [2001, Alien(s), Blade Runner, Dark City, The Fly, Metropolis, Predator, Robocop, Stalker, T1/T2, The Thing, Total Recall].

Sounds like he is desperately trying everything he can to avoid a military conflict, which some stakeholders are adamant about.

At least I hope it is that.

Seems he's pretty gung-ho about beefing up the MIC but not actually going to war with it tbf. I personally like having a strong defense industrial base and love the high-tech innovation aspects of the aerospace industry. OTOH there's far too much waste involved and funds could be better utilized in other areas to improve society.

Nope.

They are the second most American thing about America IMO, behind only the fucking Bill of Rights. The US is all cutting edge, everywhere, in every market segment (µP, µC, SoC, DRAM, GPU, AIC). My -kinda- boyfriend even works for Microchip. <45>

Semis.png

R1.png

R2.png

FAX.

So imagine when @PolishHeadlock2 shows me this.

how long before china takes that over. i could almost guarantee theres chinese graduates working within those industries. americas best and brightest graduate from harvard, sorry i meant chinese citizens.

how long before china takes that over. i could almost guarantee theres chinese graduates working within those industries. americas best and brightest graduate from harvard, sorry i meant chinese citizens.

Dunno, they've been trying to mount a domestic IC industry for nearly three decades now, still have less than 5% of the global market and it's all in memory chips. The US could set them back at least a couple more decades with export controls and cut off access to materials, machinery, equipment, software and services. It wouldn't be difficult to get Japan and Netherlands on board with that.

A line of credit means they have to pay it back because im not sure if you know that

For a business, yes. For countries, typically no. They are rarely paid back. It is just way give money without having to admit it.

Fuck reading right?
Type maga and vaginally bleed

In exchange for the cash, Iran would have to come back into compliance with the nuclear accord it signed with the world’s major powers in 2015. Tehran would also have to agree not to threaten the security of the Persian Gulf or to impede maritime navigation in the area. Lastly, Tehran would have to commit to regional Middle East talks in the future.

So we are going to pay “protection money” to Iran so they don’t threaten international maritime shipping lanes? Why the fuck do we spend trilllions of dollars on the world’s largest military and then pay Iran to play nice? Park a task force in Persian Gulf and be done with it.

Also, “commit to regional Middle East talks in the future.” Sure, that is a tangible thing and easy to enforce.

So, in summary, let’s pay them protection money and also pay them to have a meeting with us.

So we are going to pay “protection money” to Iran so they don’t threaten international maritime shipping lanes? Why the fuck do we spend trilllions of dollars on the world’s largest military and then pay Iran to play nice? Park a task force in Persian Gulf and be done with it.

Also, “commit to regional Middle East talks in the future.” Sure, that is a tangible thing and easy to enforce.

So, in summary, let’s pay them protection money and also pay them to have a meeting with us.
I mean if I was prepubescent I’d have read that the same way

I mean if I was prepubescent I’d have read that the same way

So the proposal isn’t to pay them to not attack ships? Please explain what this means then other than an exchange of money for not threatening shipping lanes. “Tehran would also have to agree not to threaten the security of the Persian Gulf or to impede maritime navigation in the area. ”

Quick point of privilege. I thought we liked Iran and hated Saudi Arabia? Someone mold my political views. Thank you for letting me speak my truth.

So the proposal isn’t to pay them to not attack ships? Please explain what this means then other than an exchange of money for not threatening shipping lanes. “Tehran would also have to agree not to threaten the security of the Persian Gulf or to impede maritime navigation in the area. ”
They are and were funding terror throughout the region. It’s one of the main complaints about the original Iran deal

A line of credit means they have to pay it back because im not sure if you know that
And that what people don't realize who do not play the 4D chess you and Trump do.

Just play this out in your head.

Trump's gov't allows Iran to draw down the $15B and yet Iran, as it tends to do, is messing around the edges of the Sanctions and needs to be brought back in line.

Trump playing hard ball says "We got you now Iran. Comply or we will not let you pay back that $15B'

<TheDonald>

They are and were funding terror throughout the region. It’s one of the main complaints about the original Iran deal

And we are proposing to pay them to stop. Assuming they start abiding by the old deal the net difference is $15b in exchange for good behavior.

And we are proposing to pay them to stop. Assuming they start abiding by the old deal the net difference is $15b in exchange for good behavior.
Wtf was the original deal? Paying them to not make nuclear weapons. Are you ducking senile

Back