International Trump cancels secret meeting with taliban

I added another idea to my list while you were typing.

I'll just re-state it here.

- We can carve up Afghanistan into a) various ethnic and sectarian nations ( Tajik, Hazaara, Uzbek, Turkmen etc..) or b) carve it into a Pashtun and non-Pashtun nation, with the former getting only a small fraction of the landmass. Threaten the Pakistanis and Taleban we will do this if they keep their shit up. The Taleban gets their support from their fellow Pashtun civilians and the Pakistanis. The non-Pashtuns are against the Taleban. So it's not a case of the people as a whole siding with the Taleban. Why the US does not more favorably side with the non-Pashtuns I don't know.

Like I said, I think the US could have done a lot more with the options it had but the US choose not to. America has been rather soft in fighting this war.

We COULD have, when we had the moral high-ground.. We do not anymore. It's an official quagmire. It's time to giggety on out of there

Also how hilarious is it that Trump questions about how long the taliban are willing to fight. they literally have fought for 20 years against russians and civil war.

Dude, you're talking about a guy who had never heard of a "category 5" hurricane... four times in a row. Of course he has zero awareness of Taliban history.

iyxNCaR.jpg

Apparently donald trump was actually going to have a meeting with Taliban officials on US soil and he cancelled it because of the taliban killing one US soldier recently. He then mentions taliban are not strengthen their bargaining position by doing this. I don't know about you guys but i feel that if my country's soldiers are dying for nothing i would take them out, however we all know how complex the afghan situation is. They can't leave and the taliban have shown no compromise.

Also how hilarious is it that Trump questions about how long the taliban are willing to fight. they literally have fought for 20 years against russians and civil war. Had their brutal reign of 5 years and now are fighting another 20 years. These guys will fight for as many decades as they want.

America's longest war rages on.

My question to you sherdoggers is, how much longer do you think this war will last or how long do you think america's involvement in afghanistan will last. I dont see a single endgame in sight.

What happens if we leave?

The Taliban and ISIS have an orgy?

Everyone wants to talk about Afghanistan's opium, buts it's real prize is it's precious metals needed for electronics, and that is why we won't leave.

Our soldiers are dying for metal, and I for one do not support that.

We COULD have, when we had the moral high-ground.. We do not anymore. It's an official quagmire. It's time to giggety on out of there
I don't think it is too late. It would be too late if we leave and hand over the country to the Taleban.
We could still side with the Tajiks, Hazaara , Uzbek, Turkmen, Shiites etc.. Combined they make up about half of Afghanistan.

Launching the Iraq war, sapped attention and resources from Af-Pak. And another thing is being soo god dam adversarial to Iran. One of the reasons the US plays nice with Pakistan is because they provide a land route to Afghanistan from the Indian Ocean. US supplies and equipment goes from the Indian Ocean to Afghanistan via Pakistan. A thawing of relations with Iran might have opened up a route to Afghanistan via Iran. But our elected leaders put Israeli interests over American interests so Iran is the enemy. Add to this the influence peddling from the Saudis and Emiratis, both spending millions on P.R. firms and lobbyists.

I don't think it is too late. It would be too late if we leave and hand over the country to the Taleban.
We could still side with the Tajiks, Hazaara , Uzbek, Turkmen, Shiites etc.. Combined they make up about half of Afghanistan.

Launching the Iraq war, sapped attention and resources from Af-Pak. And another thing is being soo god dam adversarial to Iran. One of the reasons the US plays nice with Pakistan is because they provide a land route to Afghanistan from the Indian Ocean. US supplies and equipment goes from the Indian Ocean to Afghanistan via Pakistan. A thawing of relations with Iran might have opened up a route to Afghanistan via Iran. But our elected leaders put Israeli interests over American interests so Iran is the enemy. Add to this the influence peddling from the Saudis and Emiratis, both spending millions on P.R. firms and lobbyists.

If a majority of the country was on board, and we could prove it, then your plan is not irrelevant. I think the point of the whole ordeal was to create less terrorists.. I think your plan would create less animosity and terrorist creation in some regions, and more in others.

Quite frankly, you sound more educated about the regional tribal politics in the area than I do, and I don't think I can even hang in a discussion about them.

I'm pretty much down with "America first," and having no more young men lose their lives there. If there are areas that would dread the Taliban in the majority with good reason, we can work to help them.

As far as the reason for how this came into view, I'm torn between threats of resignation from his cabinet, or that the secret got out. Either way this is damage control, and either way, his Cal Ripken-like streak of hypocrisy lives on.

Last edited:
If a majority of the country was in board, and we could prove it, then your plan is not irrelevant. I think the point of the whole ordeal was to create less terrorists.. I think your plan would create less animosity and terrorist creation in some regions, and more in others.

Quite frankly, you sound more educated about the regional tribal politics in the area than I do, and I don't think I can even hang in a discussion about them.

I'm pretty much down with "America first," and having no more young men lose their lives there. If there are areas that would dread the Taliban in the majority with good reason, we can work to help them.
A hypothetical Pashtun nation would definitely be more adversarial but what are they going to do, launch attacks across the newly formed border into a nation dominated by non-Pashtuns. That would not go well for them. Any Taleban attacks against a newly formed nation composed of non-Pashtuns would not be able to use the civilians as cover. A Tajik, Uzbek, Hazaara, Turkmen nation with help from the US would destroy any Taleban incursion.

The US can also scare the shit out of Pakistan by threatening to create a Pashtun nation because Pashtuns in Pakistan would then use this newly created Pashtun nation to launch attacks against Pakistan, trying to make the Pashtun dominated areas of Pakistan independent or join with the newly formed Pashtun nation.

I added another idea to my list while you were typing.

I'll just re-state it here.

- We can carve up Afghanistan into a) various ethnic and sectarian nations ( Tajik, Hazaara, Uzbek, Turkmen etc..) or b) carve it into a Pashtun and non-Pashtun nation, with the former getting only a small fraction of the landmass. Threaten the Pakistanis and Taleban we will do this if they keep their shit up. The Taleban gets their support from their fellow Pashtun civilians and the Pakistanis. The non-Pashtuns are against the Taleban. So it's not a case of the people as a whole siding with the Taleban. Why the US does not more favorably side with the non-Pashtuns I don't know.

Like I said, I think the US could have done a lot more with the options it had but the US choose not to. America has been rather soft in fighting this war.
the non pashtuns are being supported by Iran thats why, another enemy of the United States. Those minor ethnic groups can go back to turkmenistan, uzbekistan and tajikistan if they choose so. The pashtuns will never allow US interference in that way long after they leave. However the taliban are not interested in other countries only afghanistan as a whole also your method of carving up the region is so stupid and ill-advised its unreal. it would be like british segmenting india again into pakistan and bangladesh. and after several genocides it clearly was the wrong move to do.

incorrect i been there it comprises most probably 35%. Shiites are not a race. Its a form of islam mainly practiced by US best friends Iran. US are never aligning with them.

A hypothetical Pashtun nation would definitely be more adversarial but what are they going to do, launch attacks across the newly formed border into a nation dominated by non-Pashtuns. That would not go well for them. Any Taleban attacks against a newly formed nation composed of non-Pashtuns would not be able to use the civilians as cover. A Tajik, Uzbek, Hazaara, Turkmen nation with help from the US would destroy any Taleban incursion.

The US can also scare the shit out of Pakistan by threatening to create a Pashtun nation because Pashtuns in Pakistan would then use this newly created Pashtun nation to launch attacks against Pakistan, trying to make the Pashtun dominated areas of Pakistan independent or join with the newly formed Pashtun nation.
just from reading your answers, i think you have a misguided view of how afghanistan is. also i generally discuss the afghan war the most on sherdog from my post history and apart from Kafir-kun very few sherdoggers actually understand the cultural and tribal norms of the regions. dont take it personally but your methods are ill advised

Sure. Only 20 more years and we'll have them right where we want em!

If we did things the russian way....yes. Just start clearing Afghanistan of the Pashtun element and viola....no more taliban. They can cross the border in Pakistan and live with their Pashtun brethren.

the non pashtuns are being supported by Iran thats why, another enemy of the United States. Those minor ethnic groups can go back to turkmenistan, uzbekistan and tajikistan if they choose so. The pashtuns will never allow US interference in that way long after they leave. However the taliban are not interested in other countries only afghanistan as a whole also your method of carving up the region is so stupid and ill-advised its unreal. it would be like british segmenting india again into pakistan and bangladesh. and after several genocides it clearly was the wrong move to do.

Why would those non-Pashtuns go to those other nations when they are Afghans too. Will all the Pashtuns in Pakistan go to Afghanistan ?

Lately it has been reported that Iran is quietly giving some support to the Taleban. Those other groups are never going to choose Iran over the US, in a fight against the Taleban.

It doesn't matter whether the Pashtuns would like the US carving up Afghanistan or not, if the US decides to do it and the non-Pashtuns support it, then there is nothing Pakistan or Pashtuns can do about it.

Segmenting Afghanistan would be to prevent genocide and ethic cleansing. Pashtuns already committed ethnic cleansing and genocide against the Hazaara in the 90s and a century before. Before 9-11 they were trying to kill , force out or make minorities align with them. If we leave now, we risk another ISIS like scenario. When we leave, Taleban will continue to pressure minorities. Who is going to stop them from killing and ethnically cleansing non-Pashtuns? The West won't .

Back