International Trump cancels secret meeting with taliban

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
iyxNCaR.jpg

Apparently donald trump was actually going to have a meeting with Taliban officials on US soil and he cancelled it because of the taliban killing one US soldier recently. He then mentions taliban are not strengthen their bargaining position by doing this. I don't know about you guys but i feel that if my country's soldiers are dying for nothing i would take them out, however we all know how complex the afghan situation is. They can't leave and the taliban have shown no compromise.

Also how hilarious is it that Trump questions about how long the taliban are willing to fight. they literally have fought for 20 years against russians and civil war. Had their brutal reign of 5 years and now are fighting another 20 years. These guys will fight for as many decades as they want.

America's longest war rages on.

My question to you sherdoggers is, how much longer do you think this war will last or how long do you think america's involvement in afghanistan will last. I dont see a single endgame in sight.

From what I've read it had been decided days before the soldier was killed in the bombing that this was essentially called off for now.

This is about as obvious a case for just another Trump "I can't just shit without my phone, can I?!" moments where he pops off.

Good. The Taliban should be exterminated not invited to talks.

Is it normal to talk about "secret" meetings like this. I know we're supposed to like Trump because he isn't a politician but this just comes off like a 12 year old pretending to be president after watching an action movie.

I don't see the point in making this information public.
You aren't going to Twitter shame the Taliban, so who is this for?

The Taliban will fight as long as they have an enemy. They've shown this over the past decades. Just get out

Does Kim Jong-Un know about this secret affair? Guy's gotta be heartbroken right now.

When I was 19 I had an extensive talk with my dad who was in Vietnam and was a green beret. I still stand by conclusion that we can't won there.
That basically giving the northern alliance the RI th to carry out minor ethnic cleansing would have been a better option

Nuke the region, send the taliban scum into the ground, doing this will maybe improve the situation.

They should bomb it so bad it makes nagasaki look like a single stick of dynamite

Last edited:
I’m assuming trump is still meeting with them and this was done for show. Whatever for, idk, but we’ll never know

Walk away. As you are leaving, turn around and say "we will be watching.. If terrorist training camps produce any terrorists, we will bomb them to dust, and those in charge who allowed them to exist."

I just canceled a secret meeting with the Taliban too.

Sure. Only 20 more years and we'll have them right where we want em!
The problem is Pakistan. Taleban are nothing without support from Pakistan.
The US is/was fighting the Af-Pak war with kid gloves.

Walk away. As you are leaving, turn around and say "we will be watching.. If terrorist training camps produce any terrorists, we will bomb them to dust, and those in charge who allowed them to exist."
The US could have done a lot of things to mitigate some of the problems , but previous admins and the current admin never did.

- I wonder if the US ever did install hundreds or thousands of surveillance cameras and listening stations along the Af-Pak border??
- Maybe what the US needs to do is emulate the guerilla warfare of the Taleban.
- Ban all civilians from carrying guns in public. Anyone seen with guns is assumed to be Taleban.
- Sanction all top Pakistani leaders. And stop granting student visas or any type of visa to Pakistan in retaliation for supporting the Taleban.
- The US can also more ardently support India, to put pressure on Pakistan for supporting the Taleban.
- Threaten to carve up Afghanistan into ethnic nations, giving most of the land to non-Pashtuns if the Paksitanis and Taleban attacked the Allies.

The US could have done a lot of things to mitigate some of the problems , but previous admins and the current admin never did.

- I wonder if the US ever did install hundreds or thousands of surveillance cameras and listening stations along the Af-Pak border??
- Maybe what the US needs to do is emulate the guerilla warfare of the Taleban.
- Ban all civilians from carrying guns in public. Anyone seen with guns is assumed to be Taleban.
- Sanction all top Pakistani leaders. And stop granting student visas or any type of visa to Pakistan in retaliation for supporting the Taleban.
- The US can also more ardently support India, to put pressure on Pakistan for supporting the Taleban.

None of that gains support of the people, and most of it just makes them resent us worse. We aren't killing everybody and replacing the population, so it's the people of that place that decides. That's it.

None of that gains support of the people, and most of it just makes them resent us worse. We aren't killing everybody and replacing the population, so it's the people of that place that decides. That's it.
I added another idea to my list while you were typing.

I'll just re-state it here.

- We can carve up Afghanistan into a) various ethnic and sectarian nations ( Tajik, Hazaara, Uzbek, Turkmen etc..) or b) carve it into a Pashtun and non-Pashtun nation, with the former getting only a small fraction of the landmass. Threaten the Pakistanis and Taleban we will do this if they keep their shit up. The Taleban gets their support from their fellow Pashtun civilians and the Pakistanis. The non-Pashtuns are against the Taleban. So it's not a case of the people as a whole siding with the Taleban. Why the US does not more favorably side with the non-Pashtuns I don't know.

Like I said, I think the US could have done a lot more with the options it had but the US choose not to. America has been rather soft in fighting this war.

I’m assuming trump is still meeting with them and this was done for show. Whatever for, idk, but we’ll never know

Or, not Trump directly. But, a special envoy meeting with Taliban leaders in a regional area like Doha.

Back