Economy Trump calls for negative interest rates

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cant say I think this is a good idea.

This is a move that struggling economies make, because it is not a good thing. Trump is obviously ignorant as hell and unfit to be president.

I was gonna respond until TS revealed himself at the last minute as a braindead TDS asshole. :rolleyes:

Cant say I think this is a good idea.

This is a move that struggling economies make, because it is not a good thing. Trump is obviously ignorant as hell and unfit to be president.

Trump is challenging the federal reserve, and you think he is ignorant for that? Wow, you should educate yourself.

Yea I read that tweet at first I thought he was saying a 0 or below but no he's saying zero or less then it is. But I am sure the TDS will not allow you to change your mind.

I remember Republicans complaining about the FED's low interest rates under Obama.

It totally contradicts 1) the idea that the economy is very strong now, 2) Trump's previous position, and 3) conservative movement orthodoxy over the past several years. In general, if cutting rates to 0 isn't enough to get the economy moving, going below 0 shouldn't be off the table, but it's not likely to be effective.

Yea I read that tweet at first I thought he was saying a 0 or below but no he's saying zero or less then it is. But I am sure the TDS will not allow you to change your mind.
No. He said zero or less. Not zero or less than it is currently. Dont make stuff up and pretend he said that instead.

Shall we dig up one of Trump's prior tweets to expose his hypocrisy or is that no longer required because its accepted by all?

Trumps argument that 'we have the strongest economy', coupled with his pressure to 'drop rates' are at direct odds with one another and shows he knows the economy is on a precipice, and he simply does not care.

He is running the country exactly as he ran the Trump businesses, which is to debt them up and take on as much debt as possible, take as much out as you can before it all explodes and then walk away when it blows up leaving others with the clean up.

if the experienced businessman knows one thing, its how to bankrupt anything he gets control of while grabbing as much as he can for himself along that road.

One would have to literally be an idiot to allow him to steer the financial ship and the Fed better hold strong to his independence.

Project much?

You can guarantee the person shouting TDS is the one suffering as you are in your need to rush in and try to give Trump cover for anything and everything he says or does. TDS applies to Trump supporters FWIW.

Trump calls Fed officials 'Boneheads' as he demands zero or negative interest rates

Loot and pillage by the wealthy class

is what precedes economic collapse

Trump is challenging the federal reserve, and you think he is ignorant for that? Wow, you should educate yourself.
You're mistaking desperate exploitation as strength

Big mistake

No, he's saying negative interest rates because other countries have negative interest rates..... The only way for the US to 'always be paying the lowest rates' is to be lower than countries with 0 and negative rates.

You're just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. {<shrug}

I was gonna respond until TS revealed himself at the last minute as a braindead TDS asshole. :rolleyes:

People who still support this imbecile are the TDS brain dead assholes. If it isn’t clear to you that he is completely incapable of doing the job you have ulterior motives and nobody can help you

TDS makes them ignorant and quite frankly, unteachable. These people vote is based on hatred of the other party, and what their candidate looks like, not on policy. There's no point in even talking to them anymore. The best thing we can do is beat the shit out of them in 2020 and remove them from power. ;)

Last edited:
Interest rates on something with no value. Impressive magic being used here

So we lower rates to zero or near zero. Then we have an actual recession. Now what?

Back