Trump blames California wildfires on environmental protection laws.

Anybody want to defend this stupidity?

If so, I got my popcorn ready.

Which laws is he referring to? Are they actual, existing laws or only in his head?

Are they dumping grey water into the ocean that could be used to fight fires or something?

Diverting water into the ocean lol What a fucking moron. We have no shortage of water to fight these fires, there is plenty right now and we are mostly dropping flame retardant on the fires not water.

Yeah I know exactly what he's referring to: policies in place that protect the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramento–San_Joaquin_River_Delta)
220px-Wpdms_usgs_photo_sacramento_delta_2.jpg

It's one of if not the most diverse ecosystem in North America and what Trump fails to understand is the ramifications if we stopped "diverting water to the Pacific Ocean". First and foremost, we can't divert water to a place it has been going naturally for 10,000 years. The Delta is a river system that spans hundreds of miles of waterways and is home to many different species of plants, animals, fish, and birds. It acts as a natural air purifier and air conditioner, passively cooling cities nearby and providing the famous "Delta Breeze" as far inland as Modesto and Lodi. As well as provides endless recreation and local activity- the Delta was a huge part of my upbringing and the impending destruction of it to please foreign businesses and politicians who live hundreds of miles away has me pissed the fuck off.

Jerry Brown, a cohort of sleazy politicians(both Dem and Repub), and the scummiest, greediest "investors" on Earth are hellbent on diverting all water out of the Delta. The plan is to install massive 33' in diameter tunnels that pump all of the snowmelt from the American River straight down south to water almond orchards and millions of lawns in the desert. Foreign and SoCal investment has been buying up dozens of islands in the Delta in order to drill for oil once the Delta has completely dried up.

If you want an idea of what their plan will result in Google 'Owens Lake/Valley'. Now consider that millions of people live within 1hr of the Delta while nobody lived within 3 hours of Owens Lake.

I would like this post a hundred times if that was possible.

By the way, it's not clear whether or not Trump is actually suggesting we turn the Delta into a dust bowl in order to water remote forestland. Because it wouldn't get much dumber than that. And as for clearing trees- sure that's a great idea but prepare to pay(out the ass, fed money status) to clear miles worth of trees to prevent devastating fires like the one in Redding. When 100 foot tall trees fully catch on fire with enough wind they can send embers much further than you'd think.

I don't think people from other states understand the quantity and sheer size of the trees in northern California. A lot of people have never seen a redwood in real life.

Retarded shit like what? Conservation to prevent all of the reservoirs from running dry after years of drought?

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...a/news-story/264fb4f97ff3a2ba89930c8b69a758c5

Oh and I'm sure those droughts are in no way related to a certain Chinese hoax that will remain unnamed.

No, more like wasting over a trillion gallons of water to protect a bait fish.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...california-water-drought-2015dec02-story.html
The 80 percent figure is deceptive because it omits environmental uses of water, which account for more than 50 percent of the state’s flows. Since 2008, 1.4 trillion gallons of water has been flushed into the San Francisco Bay to protect the Delta smelt, an endangered species of fish, from water pumps. That’s enough water to sustain over 6 million people for six years. In April, California’s bizarre water priorities led state officials to demand that the Oakdale Irrigation District, near Modesto, release “pulse flows” of water from a small reservoir to help 12 fish swim out from the reservoir and down the Stanislaus River into the Pacific Ocean. Year after year, trillions of gallons of water are wasted like this in California, even in drought times, to save a few fish.

Who are the 177,000 people who liked the Trump tweet that called LeBron dumb?

Who are the 28,000 people so far who liked this tweet about California fires that makes no sense?

I would blame California's wildfire on California.

At the end of the day, as beautiful as the environment may be, it was not a good idea to pack nearly 40 million people there, in close proximity to one another.

it's amazing how much fake news this dotard can produce... he clearly has disdain for facts and common sense..

Califir
I don't even know what he's talking about with the water diversion comment. I am simply dumbfounded. My best guess is that he is referring to a water loss issue that is a result of the wildfires.

As far as controlled burns...what are our strict environmental protections preventing it? The real issue is we need more budgeting, and we need to tell people what we're doing. The US Forest Service is a federal department. As for our State Department within that bureau?
California fights wildfires aggressively—but prevention takes a back seat

https://infogram.com/california-forests-by-the-numbers-1hzj4ol193874pw
a0be17f4-b570-475f-9de2-cc0dd97f6972.png
the biggest issue madmick is that California is trying to stop Mother Nature.
California isnt allowing the old underbrush to be burned. That’s why you’re on fire every year.

Califir

the biggest issue madmick is that California is trying to stop Mother Nature.
California isnt allowing the old underbrush to be burned. That’s why you’re on fire every year.
I am aware. That's the point of this article and that jpeg. This isn't a partisan or environmental issue, and the burn permits (as it mentions) are usually issued at a county or municipal level.

I am aware. That's the point of this article and that jpeg. This isn't a partisan or environmental issue, and the burn permits (as it mentions) are usually issued at a county or municipal level.
Heres what I find ironic about California. It’s full of enviro whackos that preach to everyone but continue to destroy their own ecosystem.
What effect has all the water diversions and massive urban sprawling done to the native wildlife.
1200px-Flag_of_California.svg.png

Heres what I find ironic about California. It’s full of enviro whackos that preach to everyone but continue to destroy their own ecosystem.
What effect has all the water diversions and massive urban sprawling done to the native wildlife.
1200px-Flag_of_California.svg.png
The water diversion hasn't been done on behalf of the environmentalism (by either side). That was the point of my following post on water management. It is done in service of agriculture, recreation, and private consumption by an overpopulated state. We're just driving the Sacramento and San Joaquin to the same conditions as the Colorado River south of the border.

The resistance to burn chaparral, brush, and dead trees is only opposed by a fringe of "environmentalists", who have little influence, while supported by most traditional environmentalists. Proposals like those derived from the VTPEIR on our brush problem are supported by even Democrats at the state level, and have received better funding under them despite being initiated by Schwarzenegger. In fact, this controversial EIR is part of the California Environmental Quality Act. The recommendations made by the state are designed to support a healthier environment. This is the one in question:
http://bofdata.fire.ca.gov/board_co...program_environmental_impact_report_(vtpeir)/
For example, remember the Bundy's, and their outrage over BLM policies about the Sagebrush Grouse? Well, the BLM, where it has a say, are the ones pushing CalFire proposals for vegetation clearance as in the VTPEIR above.

Funding preventive strategies seems to be our Achilles Heel as Americans: whether it is for health care or the environment. No, we're rather spend 10x as much after the disaster has already happened. We can't just wisely invest.

What a crock of shit. This editorialist is a moron who knows nothing about our water issues.

The water is being wasted by California consumers.

When I lived in The US in the mid 80s (Az) pretty much every private and public lawn had sprinkler systems for daily watering. If this is still going on to this day the amounts wasted must be insane.

He is not wrong about the forest management.

People don’t seem to understand the amount of fuel caused by timber diseases and various bugs.

Most forests need to be maintained better and fuel needs to be removed.

Back