International Trump becomes 1st sitting U.S. leader to enter North Korea

Trump made it into, and out of, North Korea with no security...

So true...if it wasn't for the bonespurs he woulda low crawled over to the DMZ and grabbed the little chubby dictator by the poosy...but instead he just shook his hand.

Imagine if Obama had gotten this far in the NK relations. People who are now TDS-suffering snowflakes would have been jubilant. But since Orange Man Bad these people are kvetching again as they always do regardless of what Trump actually does.

Hey look another great photo op with zero actually accomplished. But I'm sure this will result in more love letters in the future.
Imagine if Obama had gotten this far in the NK relations. People who are now TDS-suffering snowflakes would have been jubilant. But since Orange Man Bad these people are kvetching again as they always do regardless of what Trump actually does.
What do you mean this far? Obama could have called NK and they would have welcomed him at the border the next day. They crave that- being taken seriously y world powers.

NK needing that legitimacy is one form of the US's leverage in the debate though. I'll be happy to be surprised, but it appears Trump is blowing that leverage for a photoop. Obama probably happily would have walked over the line had any actual progress been made.

You can't trust NK at all, at all.
But this is great stuff. Trump did well to cross that threshold.

This is one of those 'If Obama did it, would Republicans be pissed?' questions.

And yes, they'd be blowing a headgasket if this happened 4 years ago, claiming both are Communists.

Personally, I really hope there is some kind of 'method to Trump's madness' in regards to his bromance to Kim Jong Un, because by the time he leaves office if there's not been any progress made into turning N.Korea into a.... less-insane less-nuclear armed country... its going to be the biggest.... 'Well, that didn't work out the way we hoped'.... aspect of his entire Presidency.

Why is it a great achievement exactly?
I dunno. But it may mean that in the future that NK may be more willing to talk than they would have otherwise.

What do you mean this far? Obama could have called NK and they would have welcomed him at the border the next day. They crave that- being taken seriously y world powers.

NK needing that legitimacy is one form of the US's leverage in the debate though. I'll be happy to be surprised, but it appears Trump is blowing that leverage for a photoop. Obama probably happily would have walked over the line had any actual progress been made.
Say what you want about Obama, but he blew all the political good will he had in the foreign relations area. Guy coukd have done so much more, but instead he sunk his goodwill into Syria and Libya

It does speak to his willingness to solve the N Korea problem.

But I guess we should just shit all over him and his efforts because partisan politics are more important.
Now his media (which we should note, has convinced its people he can speak with dolphins and doesn't need to defecate) will be able to use the pics of him and trump to show how powerful Kim is! Imagine what kind of propaganda it allows them to run now? Totally legitimizes his dictator ship! /s

If that happen then

Mount Rushmore would be renamed mount Obama with Barrack, Michelle, Sasha n malia heads replacing the dead presidents

White House becomes Obama house

US dollars become Obama dollars with Obama face on every single bill

Washington DC is renamed to Obamatown dc

N of course USA becomes Obamaland

In Honor to the greatest president ever!

Now his media (which we should note, has convinced its people he can speak with dolphins and doesn't need to defecate) will be able to use the pics of him and trump to show how powerful Kim is! Imagine what kind of propaganda it allows them to run now? Totally legitimizes his dictator ship! /s

Or they actually get to see their leader in good relations with an American president after decades of being told how Americans are trying to destroy their country....

The GOAT. The first president to grab North Korea by the pussy
{<diva}
bp_coin_220518_47.jpg

muh supreme leader

An illegal alien crossing NK boarder he should be arrested and put in a cage.

Why is it a great achievement exactly?

Any previous president could have done the same. That’s what North Korea has been wanting since the war. This is Kim’s achievement.

Orangeman bad. Worse then hitler confirmed

Let’s not pretend NK doesn’t have the worst human rights record of any country on earth and legitimize their practices by dignifying them with the presence of the supposed leader of the free world.

Nothing like a good photo op to boost failing polling numbers. Great job president Trump!

I suppose my question is, would the left be happy if a Dem won the presidency and returned to the same policies that failed for the last number of decades? That’s the better solution in their eyes?

Trump is not solving anything here, and he also made the Iran problem worse by showing that the only way to get taken seriously is by having nukes.

But I will give him that he is trying. It's just that this should have happened at least (!) 25 years ago. Now it's almost impossible to solve even if both sides were actually willing.

Maybe in his 2nd term something real might happen. I am more convinced the administration is more focused on Iran and venezuela. Those are actual regime change possibilities and war with Iran will happen. There are just too many interests. Even if tomorrow Iran declares to have a bomb the Israelis will preemptively act rather then let Iran strengthen their capabilities. Two front wars are not smart even when both Iran and north korea are cans compared to the US and could be destroyed simultaneously

I suppose my question is, would the left be happy if a Dem won the presidency and returned to the same policies that failed for the last number of decades? That’s the better solution in their eyes?

The question is, failed at what?

North Korea got ostracized and was a pariah for getting itself nukes and not playing by the rules.

Iran got rewarded for not getting itself nukes and playing by the rules.

That was the situation before Trump.

Now North Korea is getting rewarded for getting itself nukes, and Iran is getting punished for not having nukes already.

I agree that so far, the North Korea problem had not been solved, and having a better relationship is per se a good idea as it reduces the threat perception and thereby also the need to have nukes. But there is always context that needs to be considered.

There is only one single example of a country giving up nukes in history, and that is South Africa. (2 depending on whether you count Kazakhstan).

Last edited:
Back