Trump announces 8,000 more jobs

My concern about these deals is that this strategy is not sustainable. If Trump cuts this company's taxes and that company's taxes, eventually I would think there's going to be a revenue problem.

It's kind of sad that he hasn't even taken office yet and companies have figured him out. Call him up, tell him you're going to do some stuff you were already going to, let him tweet about it, bask in the free publicity and Trump cred, then know he'll never print a retraction if he bother to Google your bullshit. Gonna be a long 4 years. "Pizza Hut just called me, they're keeping the Triple Threat all year round!"

Last edited:
He won't have a stick. He still has to work through Congress. Carrier was a state level change, even though Trump took credit as if it was federal. This is obviously the result of long term planning (since you don't put together a $100 billion fund between a country and foreign company in a matter of weeks or even months.

People overstate his ability to directly impact company by company decision making. It's why these stories of individual company decisions are almost guaranteed to be a vast overstatement of what he actually accomplished and more spin than anything else.

Just for comparison sake - every time a company invests in the U.S. or creates new jobs, we don't get a media blitz. Yet we've added millions of jobs over the last however many years. It happens without some President claiming he directly influenced that outcome. Instead we get concerns about lobbying and corporate handouts, what did we trade the company for this outcome.

That Trump is implying that he is implicitly responsible for these outcomes suggests that they're spinning normal economic events way out of line with reality. It's like a mayor claiming that he's personally responsible every time some dude opens a coffee shop and hires a barista.

If Trump has no power without Congress what are you so worried about then?

He is basically a figurehead in your description.

More FAKE NEWS for his sycophants to kiss his ass

That con man takes credit for a sunny day and blames others for the rain

What a crock....

lol and you look like an idiot trumping things that havent even happened yet, come out swinging when this materializes, actually your posts lack any intelligence youre just reading from a script boy

Ahhh, sad. I'm a Bernie guy, just FYI.

If Trump has no power without Congress what are you so worried about then?

He is basically a figurehead in your description.

I never said I was worried. I said that this is empty grandstanding that shouldn't be blown out of proportion. And just because he doesn't have the stick that you're referencing doesn't make him a figurehead either.

Why must everything be 0 or 100 in these discussions?

I never said I was worried. I said that this is empty grandstanding that shouldn't be blown out of proportion. And just because he doesn't have the stick that you're referencing doesn't make him a figurehead either.

Why must everything be 0 or 100 in these discussions?

Because it becomes a game of undercutting MSM arguments that are peddled, that use 0 to 100 as click bait.

But I will turn your question back to you, why are you so sure that trumps ego won't drive both actual action and marketing in a attempt to prove his ego's legktimacy to himself. Or any of another 1000 plausible narratives I could offer that could produce positive results?

Because it becomes a game of undercutting MSM arguments that are peddled, that use 0 to 100 as click bait.

But I will turn your question back to you, why are you so sure that trumps ego won't drive both actual action and marketing in a attempt to prove his ego's legktimacy to himself. Or any of another 1000 plausible narratives I could offer that could produce positive results?

When did I say I was sure about that specific thing? I was addressing the actual statements made re: the actual companies.

As for bringing up the MSM boogeyman - if you have a negative opinion on their tactics, why repeat them?

But his ego won't drive actual action because these things still have to go through the process of Congressional approval or state level approvals. The President isn't a figurehead but he's not free to simply do as he pleases either. That's the point of our system.

When did I say I was sure about that specific thing?

As for bringing up the MSM boogeyman - if you have a negative opinion on their tactics, why repeat them?

Well you seem pretty certain that all of this has been grand standing with little substance. My question wasn't about a specific POV, but more of a question about the basis of your certainty.

As to your media question......If you can't beat em', join em'. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Well you seem pretty certain that all of this has been grand standing with little substance. My question wasn't about a specific POV, but more of a question about the basis of your certainty.

As to your media question......If you can't beat em', join em'. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

But my statement was about this specific series of events. SoftBank, OneWeb and Sprint both acknowledged that this is part of the 50,000 jobs already promised.

If the companies themselves don't provide us with enough certainty, what other source can be superior?

The Carrier deal is the same. Carrier provided the actual numbers and what they actually intended to do with their investment. It didn't quite match the PR.

The PR about these jobs does not match up to the reality that the companies themselves state. There's no reason for me to interject my opinion, only to read the words of the corporations actually providing the jobs.

Can't wait til Trump gets in office and offers all these jobs then all of the liberal scumbags on welfare refuse to work because they are "entitled" to their draw checks.

But my statement was about this specific series of events. SoftBank, OneWeb and Sprint both acknowledged that this is part of the 50,000 jobs already promised.

If the companies themselves don't provide us with enough certainty, what other source can be superior?

The Carrier deal is the same. Carrier provided the actual numbers and what they actually intended to do with their investment. It didn't quite match the PR.

The PR about these jobs does not match up to the reality that the companies themselves state. There's no reason for me to interject my opinion, only to read the words of the corporations actually providing the jobs.

Let's be real about what you just said here.

We don't know. We lack information, but I am assuming trump is a villain.

Let's be real about what you just said here.

We don't know. We lack information, but I am assuming trump is a villain.

That's not at all what I said. That's what you wanted me to say because any discussion that doesn't boil down to sycophancy or outrage leaves you confused.

I said that the PR does not align with reality. The PR suggests that these are 8000 new jobs brought about by Trump's role as President-elect. The reality is that these are part of the same jobs that were already announced so a separate announcement implying that they are different jobs is misleading.

We do know. We have the information. Sprint, OneWeb and SoftBank all confirmed it.

...and the companies said the positions were part of a previously disclosed pledge by Japan's SoftBank Group Corp.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-economy-idUSKBN14H1B8

The only truth here is that you seem unwilling to accept the word of the actual corporations involved.

That's not at all what I said. That's what you wanted me to say because any discussion that doesn't boil down to sycophancy or outrage leaves you confused.

I said that the PR does not align with reality. The PR suggests that these are 8000 new jobs brought about by Trump's role as President-elect. The reality is that these are part of the same jobs that were already announced so a separate announcement implying that they are different jobs is misleading.

We do know. We have the information. Sprint, OneWeb and SoftBank all confirmed it.

The only truth here is that you seem unwilling to accept the word of the actual corporations involved.

Stop dude. You yourself said that we don't know whether this was in addition to, or including the original fund.

I mean you present yourself as a quality poster here, then engage in this nonsense here.

Come on man, do better.

Stop dude. You yourself said that we don't know whether this was in addition to, or including the original fund.

I mean you present yourself as a quality poster here, then engage in this nonsense here.

Come on man, do better.

I said we don't know about the $50 billion. We know about the jobs.

2 different points. Related but still distinct.

Ok, so you are another one of these people that refuses to concede ground. Prepare to be put on blast.

You don't know shit bitch.

You are a fat mouthed fucking liar.

You ready to concede ground yet, or shall we proceed with the flame war?

I haven't caught yellows since I've been back.......yet.

Stop acting like a child.

There's nothing to concede. I said the exact same thing on the 1st page. Then I expanded it on the 2nd page to also address the investment fund.

There are better reasons to act like a spoiled toddler than this.

Ok, so you are another one of these people that refuses to concede ground. Prepare to be put on blast.

You don't know shit bitch.

You are a fat mouthed fucking liar.

You ready to concede ground yet, or shall we proceed with the flame war?

I haven't caught yellows since I've been back.......yet.

Anyone who needs to insult someone to make a point has no point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back