Trump admits he was mistaken about Iran Ransom video (Manipulating Media?)

Hans Gruber

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The 400 million dollar transfer of cash to Iran in exchange for hostages (by the Obama administration) was not getting much coverage on the news....not nearly as much as a story like this should have.

Trump then claims to have seen a video of the plane with the cash on Fox News. It was later pointed out that it was a video of the plane with the returning hostages.

Trump then admits his mistake and now I am seeing headlines all over the place about this of Trump admitting his mistake.

Do he deliberately make this statement to highlight the cash for hostages issue or did he really make a mistake? I am not sure anymore.

For him to make a mistake like this damages him slightly but it brings so much more exposure to the transfer of cash to Iran (who is the top state sponsor of terror)

The media is now being more up front and center about Trump making a mistake than they were about the original story to begin with.

Last edited:
The 400 million dollar transfer of cash to Iran in exchange for hostages (by the Obama administration) was not getting much coverage on the news....not nearly as much as a story like this should have.

Trump then claims to have seen a video of the plane with the cash on Fox News. It was later pointed out that it was a video of the plane with the returning hostages.

Trump then admits his mistake and now I am seeing headlines all over the place about this of Trump admitting his mistake.

Do he deliberately make this statement to highlight the cash for hostages issue or did he really make a mistake? I am not sure anymore.
Wanda ya know, once in a million times he actually admitted to making shit up. Too bad he wouldn't retract all the other lies but then people would notice he hasn't said much of anything else.

One of his tactics seems to be throw something controversial out there whether it's true or not. Once it's out there he's got what he wants and any attempt to dispute the facts will be treated as conspiracy and twisting his words.

One of his tactics seems to be throw something controversial out there whether it's true or not. Once it's out there he's got what he wants and any attempt to dispute the facts will be treated as conspiracy and twisting his words.

The thing with this mistake though it is damages him a little but it brings a lot more attention to the Obama - Iran 400 Million Dollars for hostages story (which Hillary was involved in)

It is possible that he is willing to take a small hit because he knows that the media will take the bait on any small mistake that he makes in order to actually get the story (that they were ignoring ) more attention.

That or he messed up again like he did with the Khans

The thing with this mistake though it is damages him a little but it brings a lot more attention to the Obama - Iran 400 Million Dollars for hostages story (which Hillary was involved in)

It is possible that he is willing to take a small hit because he knows that the media will take the bait on any small mistake that he makes in order to actually get the story (that they were ignoring ) more attention.

That or he messed up again like he did with the Khans

I think he could've made that point without falsely claiming he saw $400 million in cash coming off a plane in Iran. It's telling that he will take video clips he sees on tv, spin it and add his own details, then run with it as fact. He might want to invade Mars after someone tweets him a video showing "UFO's".

I think he made a mistake this time. He jumped the gun. I think a lot of people thought that video was of the exchange, and he tried to oversell it without looking into it further. He didn't say he alone saw it, like some were trying to report. He addressed the crowd and said "You all saw that video, right?".

It doesn't really matter though. An exchange happened, and it looked awful for the Dems. No video evidence is needed.

"“I’ll never forget the scene this morning and remember this, Iran—I don’t think you’ve heard this anywhere but here—Iran provided all of that footage, the tape of taking that money off that airplane, right, $400 million in cash. How does a president do that? How do you do that?”"

"Vivid detail" just like 7/11, which was totally a part time job.

I think he could've made that point without falsely claiming he saw $400 million in cash coming off a plane in Iran. It's telling that he will take video clips he sees on tv, spin it and add his own details, then run with it as fact. He might want to invade Mars after someone tweets him a video showing "UFO's".

I don;t know. Without him making a mistake the media would not have reported on this.

It is likely that he did make a mistake but I am not sure based on some of his past media manipulations

Could Trump have been right? Propaganda film suggests Iran DID videotape cash-drop plane and photograph shipment of cash during January prisoner swap

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cash-January-prisoner-swap.html#ixzz4GTwCjcF7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
36E7DDD300000578-3725770-image-a-18_1470413299219.jpg

Could Trump have been right? Propaganda film suggests Iran DID videotape cash-drop plane and photograph shipment of cash during January prisoner swap

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cash-January-prisoner-swap.html#ixzz4GTwCjcF7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
36E7DDD300000578-3725770-image-a-18_1470413299219.jpg

This video was posted in December 2015, here's the exact still.

B0Bxb5A.jpg

Prisoner swap shouldn't have taken place until January yeah? That's curious.

EDIT: Calling this debunked already lmao. The guy who posted the video looks like he's affiliated with the Islamic Development Bank, an investment bank in Saudi Arabia. So...yeah...Il Douche lied lmao.

Last edited:
IIRC. He made up the lie about the 400million ransom. His own campaign said there was no such tape.. He then repeated the lie a couple days later. His campaign again stated no tape existed. Then that's when the media really jumped on the story.

The secret $400 million that other news agencies reported about in January.

Breaking news on Fox News: The Broncos are Super Bowl champs.

This video was posted in December 2015, here's the exact still.

B0Bxb5A.jpg

Prisoner swap shouldn't have taken place until January yeah? That's curious.

Interesting. Might be Iranian propaganda, but the video I posted aired in February. Even back then, Iran was saying they got cash for the transfer. The documentary I posted has audio about the cash payment, wonder if they just pulled this picture up to include in the documentary.

I'm going to run that image through tineye and see what I get.

Edit - Tineye wouldn't even run the image. Google reverse image search pulled up a few posts from Twitter including the one you linked to.

Last edited:

Interesting. Might be Iranian propaganda, but the video I posted aired in February. Even back then, Iran was saying they got cash for the transfer. The documentary I posted has audio about the cash payment, wonder if they just pulled this picture up to include in the documentary.

I'm going to run that image through tineye and see what I get.

The guy is associated with the Islamic Development Bank in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

I'd put a shit ton of money on that being their money, and that the propaganda footage aped the footage with a voiceover. Very clearly, you can't hear shit on that video and that's the earliest instance of it I could find.

The guy is associated with the Islamic Development Bank in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

I'd put a shit ton of money on that being their money, and that the propaganda footage aped the footage with a voiceover. Very clearly, you can't hear shit on that video and that's the earliest instance of it I could find.
It's definitely possible. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, footage from the middle east is filmed on potatoes.

Also, notice how they blurred out the English signs on top like they were nudity?

It's definitely possible. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, footage from the middle east is filmed on potatoes.

Also, notice how they blurred out the English signs on top like they were nudity?

That's what made me want to look it up, that they blurred it out lol.

I'm trying to source the machines in the back, they look like printers (Especially the metal ones when he pans up), but I can't be totally sure offhand. Can't see whether the security measures on the back of the bills are even there, though it does look like 100s just from the blobby shape of the reverse of the bills.

2.6M would only be a little over 50 pounds though, a pallet for that? That looks like a little too much money to be just be $2.5m.

That's what made me want to look it up, that they blurred it out lol.

I'm trying to source the machines in the back, they look like printers (Especially the metal ones when he pans up), but I can't be totally sure offhand. Can't see whether the security measures on the back of the bills are even there, though it does look like 100s just from the blobby shape of the reverse of the bills.

2.6M would only be a little over 50 pounds though, a pallet for that? That looks like a little too much money to be just be $2.5m.
Yeah especially for us Sherdoggers who bench 275.

So from the little research I've done, the Iranians had billions of dollars frozen by sanctions. I'm guessing the Obama administration freed up around half a billion of those frozen assets and shipped money to the Iranians in a prisoner swap. This allows them to dance around the claim that this was ransom by saying that the money was Iran's in the first place, they were just returning the money. But that doesn't jive with testimony that the hostages were not permitted out of Iran until the money showed up.
Iranian Official Says U.S. ‘Bought’ Captives
Russ-Read-320x150.jpg

Russ Read
National Security/Foreign Policy Reporter

10:57 AM 01/20/2016

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/20/iranian-official-says-u-s-bought-captives/#ixzz4GUKBprSk

Back