Law Trump administration proposes rule allowing federal contractors to fire based on race, sex, religion

I don't see how this exemption is any more callous than racism and sexism exemptions for diversity.

thats great news. cant wait to fire my white employees and replace them with minorities and women

L-l-let the m-m-market decide. Freeeedom.

giphy.gif

If they are entering into contracts with the government of a country that is 60% white? Of fucking course.

Given your great posts about immigrants "pouring into" white countries and destroying their culture, I'd think you'd be more sensitive to using government as a apparatus for racial discrimination.

Your mockery of the free market only proves that your ideas are so bad that they cannot succeed on their own merits...

This is pretty fucked up. Sort of makes me pissed that people support this shit.

Yes they are. Meditative states are subjective experiences. No one could be expected to accurately describe them or identify them for a person who has experience but no formal training in the classifications. It is tricky even for someone well versed in the practice.

I'm sorry but you just dont know what you are talking about and I suspect it's just hard for you to believe there is anything within the spiritual realm that a person who is actually practicing can do or see that you cant within that realm.

It would take some kind of longer term training where that person learned to do all of this . Six months minimum and they still would not be equipped as someone actually doing it.

And you don’t know what the duties of a receptionist is typically about apparently...

Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.

What you are describing is outside the scope of duties of a receptionist. If a customer has any tough “technical” questions the receptionist will typically transfer them to someone who is capable of answering that question (like you).

But again nothing that you’ve stated cannot be done with someone with proper training. They don’t have to believe in your mumbo jumbo BS to explain something generally. They just need to run the training, do some of your meditation, then repeat everything you or someone else has experienced written down in a pamphlet or something. And if they get stuck then they transfer it to an expert.

Last edited:
To piggyback on that using a Bible reference (for an opposing viewpoint). I'm not trying to start any stuff, I just feel like people should see this...

"We learn in Numbers that “Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman” (Num. 12:1). A Cushite is from Cush, a region south of Ethiopia, where the people are known for their black skin. We know this because of Jeremiah 13:23: “Can the Ethiopian [the same Hebrew word translated “Cushite” in Numbers 12:1] change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then also you can do good who are accustomed to do evil.” Attention is drawn to the difference of the skin of the Cushite people.

The most explicit statement relates to the marriage: “Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman.Then God strikes Miriam with leprosy. Why? Consider this possibility. In God’s anger at Miriam, Moses’ sister, God says in effect, “You like being light-skinned Miriam? I’ll make you light-skinned.” So we read, “When the cloud removed from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, like snow” (Num. 12:10)

God says not a critical word against Moses for marrying a black Cushite woman. But when Miriam criticizes God’s chosen leader for this marriage God strikes her skin with white leprosy"

https://www.9marks.org/article/did-moses-marry-black-woman/

When some people (and I'm NOT talking about you at all @panamaican ) use the Bible to justify their racism, they NEVER seem to touch on the above passages.

Sorry for the long-ish post.
Thanks for the follow up, I wasn't aware of that passage. And you are right, when people use the Bible to justify their racism they always ignore the passages like the one you referenced.

Sex and race is dumb, but religion makes sense.

If someone has beliefs (not just religious) that I don't agree with I should have the right to not have them work for me.

And you don’t know what the duties of a receptionist is typically about apparently...

Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.

What you are describing is outside the scope of duties of a receptionist. If a customer has any tough “technical” questions the receptionist will typically transfer them to someone who is capable of answering that question (like you).

But again nothing that you’ve stated cannot be done with someone with proper training. They don’t have to believe in your mumbo jumbo BS to explain something generally. They just need to run the training, do some of your meditation, then repeat everything you or someone else has experienced written down in a pamphlet or something. And if they get stuck then they transfer it to an expert.

Sometimes internet warriors like yourself are so obtuse and difficult it is hilariousness.

It doesn't matter what a "typical" receptionist would do in this case. We are not discussing a hypothetical here. We are discussing what my needs and requirements are. I have told you the needs I have for a receptionist at my establishment. They are far beyond what someone could just "pick up" in order to get the job. Six months of full time schooling would be required to be qualified for a position like this. I have also made clear that there is already a specific law in place for establishments like mine who have special requirements.

So far myself and the law are in agreement. However there is an internet warrior that doesn't agree so maybe we should change the law and my requirements to fit your argument........

Sometimes internet warriors like yourself are so obtuse and difficult it is hilariousness.

It doesn't matter what a "typical" receptionist would do in this case. We are not discussing a hypothetical here. We are discussing what my needs and requirements are. I have told you the needs I have for a receptionist at my establishment. They are far beyond what someone could just "pick up" in order to get the job. Six months of full time schooling would be required to be qualified for a position like this. I have also made clear that there is already a specific law in place for establishments like mine who have special requirements.

So far myself and the law are in agreement. However there is an internet warrior that doesn't agree so maybe we should change the law and my requirements to fit your argument........

yeah ok. sounds like you are hiring a hybrid position - receptionist and sales personnel. hell the only things you've described is outside of the receptionist duties almost so if anything you're not really hiring a receptionist but a sales personnel. then again it isn't out of the ordinary for small operated businesses to have people working multiple different jobs. I've dealt with plenty of businesses and most if not all receptionists will transfer me to an "expert" if I need anything that is beyond their abilities to answer. that's what receptionists are for. they're not the experts.. they just do things that you (the owner, and/or experts) are too busy to be doing.

As far as I am concerned everything you've described can be done by someone with training. they don't have to follow your "faith". answering questions about what your company is about is a really a sales job. one does not need to believe in anything to be convincing at getting a sale. it certainly helps but not necessary.

lol at internet warrior. as if I don't deal with tons of contractors and businesses... that's why I put my 2cents in. almost every receptionists I've met or talked to will transfer me to someone who can help me if they get stuck. gtfo with your "special needs" BS...

yeah ok. sounds like you are hiring a hybrid position - receptionist and sales personnel. hell the only things you've described is outside of the receptionist duties almost so if anything you're not really hiring a receptionist but a sales personnel. then again it isn't out of the ordinary for small operated businesses to have people working multiple different jobs. I've dealt with plenty of businesses and most if not all receptionists will transfer me to an "expert" if I need anything that is beyond their abilities to answer. that's what receptionists are for. they're not the experts.. they just do things that you (the owner, and/or experts) are too busy to be doing.

As far as I am concerned everything you've described can be done by someone with training. they don't have to follow your "faith". answering questions about what your company is about is a really a sales job. one does not need to believe in anything to be convincing at getting a sale. it certainly helps but not necessary.

lol at internet warrior. as if I don't deal with tons of contractors and businesses... that's why I put my 2cents in. almost every receptionists I've met or talked to will transfer me to someone who can help me if they get stuck. gtfo with your "special needs" BS...

A trained person could do the job less effectively than someone walking the path. Six months training in this subject would be required however six months training does not exist-- so its basically just not doable. Even with the training a person who is not practicing meditation for themselves will only have an outsiders view and would be less effective than someone who is actually walking the path.

This is obvious to anyone without and agenda making assumptions.

A trained person could do the job less effectively than someone walking the path. Six months training in this subject would be required however six months training does not exist-- so its basically just not doable. Even with the training a person who is not practicing meditation for themselves will only have an outsiders view and would be less effective than someone who is actually walking the path.

yeah well you're not really hiring a receptionist based on what you are saying then so my point is valid. you do know what that title (receptionist) means yes? they receive customers. guide them to where they need to be.. transfer calls to sales people, managers/owners, welcome guests, keep the welcoming area clean, and yes answer general questions about the company. if they cannot answer the question then they either transfer the call to someone or take their info and have someone call back.

as I said you're hiring something else. that position (whatever that may be) may fall under your exemptions but it doesn't sound like a receptionist job.

Six months training? lol. Pretty sure I can learn whatever training BS you're selling in a week or so and be able to explain/sell it right afterwards...

Honest question here. when you say you should be able to hire/fire based on your religious views, how far does that extend?
As an example, you hire Linda because she’s a good Christian in your eyes. 2 months later you overhear her talking about spending the night with a guy. Do you think you have the right to fire her?
Or maybe Linda decides to become a lesbian 6 months later. Do you think you should be able to fire her?

Its like the 1800s are yelling "turn down your music" to the future.

Honest question here. when you say you should be able to hire/fire based on your religious views, how far does that extend?
As an example, you hire Linda because she’s a good Christian in your eyes. 2 months later you overhear her talking about spending the night with a guy. Do you think you have the right to fire her?
Or maybe Linda decides to become a lesbian 6 months later. Do you think you should be able to fire her?

I only feel that way about people that I would hire that would end up representing the organization to the public, answer questions etc. For example I would not care in the slightest if an accountant held the same beliefs, or the cleaning crew etc.

A teacher or a receptionist and it would matter to me a great deal though but there are legal exemptions for those kinds of positions as another poster has pointed out.

I would also not fire someone for failing to live up to the ideal either. I have lesbians that attend our classes so that would certainly not be a problem either.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah well you're not really hiring a receptionist based on what you are saying then so my point is valid. you do know what that title (receptionist) means yes? they receive customers. guide them to where they need to be.. transfer calls to sales people, managers/owners, welcome guests, keep the welcoming area clean, and yes answer general questions about the company. if they cannot answer the question then they either transfer the call to someone or take their info and have someone call back.

as I said you're hiring something else. that position (whatever that may be) may fall under your exemptions but it doesn't sound like a receptionist job.

Six months training? lol. Pretty sure I can learn whatever training BS you're selling in a week or so and be able to explain/sell it right afterwards...

Our receptionist would have to know all of this which is why I said it would have to be someone already walking this path. I told you this from the second post so this is not new to you. It IS a unique position with unique requirements and that is why there is a legal exemption in place. You just don't like it for some strange reason.

You have no shot of learning this in a week or two. You simply could not even read the relevant material in that time. Unless you have experienced much of what some of these authors are talking about you would have zero understanding of it.

You would have to read

William James- Varieties of religious experience and understand it, Bede Griffiths An introduction to his inter-spiritual thought, The cloud of unknowing, Dark night of the Soul by John of the Cross, The interior castle by Teresa of Avila and other similar works. You would have to listen to many lectures from Thomas Keating on Youtube or read a number of his books too.

Most of these books contain theological terms you don't know the meaning of let alone the subtleties of. It would take you a long time to read and understand that material on a surface level. On top of that you would have to hear many many people from Buddhist and Hindu and New Age positions describe their meditative experience so you could talk to the vast amount of people calling from that perspective and explain the differences and similarities between wherever they are coming from and what we are doing.

You could not do this without serious mentoring. You just don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our receptionist would have to know all of this which is why I said it would have to be someone already walking this path. I told you this from the second post so this is not new to you. It IS a unique position with unique requirements and that is why there is a legal exemption in place. You just don't like it for some strange reason.

You have no shot of learning this in a week or two. You simply could not even read the relevant material in that time. Unless you have experienced much of what some of these authors are talking about you would have zero understanding of it.

You would have to read

William James- Varieties of religious experience and understand it, Bede Griffiths An introduction to his inter-spiritual thought, The cloud of unknowing, Dark night of the Soul by John of the Cross, The interior castle by Teresa of Avila and other similar works. You would have to listen to many lectures from Thomas Keating on Youtube or read a number of his books too.

Most of these books contain theological terms you don't know the meaning of let alone the subtleties of. It would take you a long time to read and understand that material on a surface level. On top of that you would have to hear many many people from Buddhist and Hindu and New Age positions describe their meditative experience so you could talk to the vast amount of people calling from that perspective and explain the differences and similarities between wherever they are coming from and what we are doing.

You could not do this without serious mentoring. You just don't know what you are talking about.

okay... I am curious now..

link to your company website please. shoot me a PM if you wanna be secretive about it.

okay... I am curious now..

link to your company website please. shoot me a PM if you wanna be secretive about it.

No disrespect meant but I must maintain my anonymity on the forum. Ill answer any questions you have though by PM if you like.

Back