Trump administration overapaid 500 million for ventilators

https://upolitics.com/news/house-re...tration-overpaid-500-million-for-ventilators/

Of course Jared was in charge of the purchase. I wonder how much kick back Jared is getting on all these shitty deals. First the tests from United Arab Emirates that were worthless and now over paying for ventilators.
I am so glad the son of a criminal, who is a GOAT level grifter gets put in charge of everything.
There will be books written about all the grifting done by this administration.
Imagine if Jared worked for Trump Inc and lost the company 500 million? He would have been fired months...if not years ago.

TDS megathread.

Trump has too many ventilators, Trump overpaid.
Trump has too few ventilators, Trump sat on his gold while Americans died.
Trump has the exact number of ventilators, Trump engineered the virus to thwart his enemies.

In other words. Trump is a disaster on every level

This is what happens when people panic and make outlandish demands and claim the president is killing people unless they’re provided

They were never needed

So Trump was conned by Cuomo and did no independent analysis pre purchase? Smart

So Trump was conned by Cuomo and did no independent analysis pre purchase? Smart

He wasn’t conned by cuomo - he made it very clear that he disagreed with cuomo heavily BUT he would act on the side of caution

obviously they’re are very large variances of opinion here on the ventilator subject and almost everything else

What would of happened if cuomo happened to be right and he decided not to overpay per unit in order to save money ? surely he would of been called a murderer and you would be calling for impeachment

I think even to see that the situation here is a lose lose

what research are you talking about ? There were no ventilators on the market hence the enactment of the dpa for companies that don’t make ventilators to start producing them (at obviously a higher cost )

The news here is no matter what he does he can’t win with some people

I think its just as relevant to say that no matter how bad he f*cks up, there will be a large number of sycophantic zealots eager to deep-throat him and blame the libs or scapegoat subordinates for his failures either in hiring unqualified lackies or managing crises.

Not everything is Trumps fault, but the overwhelming theme from his supporters comments are that NOTHING negative is ever his fault.

I think its just as relevant to say that no matter how bad he f*cks up, there will be a large number of sycophantic zealots eager to deep-throat him and blame the libs or scapegoat subordinates for his failures either in hiring unqualified lackies or managing crises.

Not everything is Trumps fault, but the overwhelming theme from his supporters comments are that NOTHING negative is ever his fault.

Works both ways really - it’s really the theme of the election

Read through the thread and tell me you really think it was a bad idea to order extra ventilators governors claimed they needed or people would die at an increased cost through the dpa

I thought Trump was the deal maker?

wow didn't you guys champion Trump as a good business man

Trump administration overapaid 500 million for ventilators

Vendors be reading...

51AusJuBWRL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So what? PUA has cost the tax payers billions of dollars in fraud and you Dems are crying that that fraud abused Pendemic Unemployment Assistance be continued

Sure dog on 500 million
And ignore hundreds of billions.

So what? PUA has cost the tax payers billions of dollars in fraud and you Dems are crying that that fraud abused Pendemic Unemployment Assistance be continued

Sure dog on 500 million

Yes, Trump's been such a great financial stewart for the financial health of the country. That's why the country's nearing 30 trillion dollars in debt; there's also a record deficit, trade deficit as well as overall budget spending. This is not even taking into account the trillions upon trillions of dollars in assets that the Fed has purchased recently and the trillions of dollars that have been spent bailing out entire industries.

were no ventilators on the market hence the enactment of the dpa for companies that don’t make ventilators to start producing them (at obviously a higher cost )

As I corrected you earlier, 'they don't even make ventilators of course it's expensive' doesn't apply here. You can say that for general motors who had to outfit an entire old factory in one month to make upscale ventilators for $16k. Not Philips and the others who already produce them. A few years ago Obama admin negotiated 10,000 for $4k per. That wasn't rush price, but COVID priciing is reflected in the single unit sold to Missouri for less than $10k. Must have been a good negotiator.

In the big picture, not a huge scandal. Just funny that good business dealing was supposed to be the one upside to Trump. I thought a bigger issue was some of the masks bids they accepted, they were buying masks from 3M, and then somehow buying the same ones through a middle man with a brand new company with no track record who was buying from 3M- for 5x more.

I know 'all politicians do it' or whatever but I think we can appreciate there was either incompetent negotiation or cronyism involved.

Sure dog on 500 million
To be fair the program was pushed by the republicans and is a good program in theory

all they had to do is require tax returns (where is a simple form that they were using before ) to qualify for the loan

people could walk in , put fake info on a 2 piece page of paper and have nothing in their name and walk out with millions in their account In about 10 business days

I know it was on a rush but to give away billions of fraudulent loans and instead of investigating now working on making them “forgivable” is absolutely
Mind blowing

Imagine if Jared worked for Trump Inc and lost the company 500 million? He would have been fired months...if not years ago.

Jared is married to daughter dearest.
He ain't getting fired... ever.
Do you even Capitalism bro.

Back