International Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Orange man bad even when he does something I agree

This initiative is meant to target Iran by reframing the administration's current hostility towards that country as being about humanitarian causes, given the problems they've been having with the nuclear weapons angle.

{<jordan}

This initiative is meant to target Iran by reframing the administration's current hostility towards that country as being about humanitarian causes, given the problems they've been having with the nuclear weapons angle. It's transparently insincere, given the administration's historical silence on the even worse abuses in Chechnya, among other countries. Its not as if Saudi Arabia is particularly LGBT friendly. Now, if something good comes of this, great. But let's not pretend that this is more than a cynical gesture, especially in light of reduced LGBT protections by the administration.

And it's worth noting that this ties directly into the sort of intervention that TS purportedly decries.

Tax-dollars at work.

Tax-dollars at work.

We're gonna fuckin invade Iran on the pretext of LGB rights violations.

<36>

There's a whole lot of reasons to leave the 'T' out but in this case it's by actual necessity. The Islamic Republic is among the biggest proponents of gender reassignment surgery for non-conforming adults and children, the government even pays for it. G/B's get the death penalty.

This initiative is meant to target Iran by reframing the administration's current hostility towards that country as being about humanitarian causes, given the problems they've been having with the nuclear weapons angle. It's transparently insincere, given the administration's historical silence on the even worse abuses in Chechnya, among other countries. Its not as if Saudi Arabia is particularly LGBT friendly. Now, if something good comes of this, great. But let's not pretend that this is more than a cynical gesture, especially in light of reduced LGBT protections by the administration.

And it's worth noting that this ties directly into the sort of intervention that TS purportedly decries.

Ahhhh right so it’s all total horseshit. Makes sense.

But I was told Mike Pence hates gays and wants to use shock therapy on them?

He does.

We're gonna fuckin invade Iran on the pretext of LGB rights violations.

<36>

There's a whole lot of reasons to leave the 'T' out but in this case it's by actual necessity. The Islamic Republic is among the biggest proponents of gender reassignment surgery for non-conforming adults and children, the government even pays for it. G/B's get the death penalty.

Not sure how that makes sense. lol. I guess if you can't fuck a dude (as a dude), then the workaround is fucking a guy person who used to be a dude?

Not sure how that makes sense. lol.

Ah, you think I do? Fuck no. I asked this question in the Martina Navratilova thread considering we operate on tangible biological reality here: Is a M2F trans person who wants to live as a lesbian a lesbian, or a biological male attracted to women? Is a F2M trans person who wants to live as a gay man a gay man, or a biological female attracted to men? These are heterosexuals.

Ah, you think I do? Fuck no. I asked this question in the Martina Navratilova thread considering we operate on tangible biological reality here: Is a M2F trans person who wants to live as a lesbian a lesbian, or a biological male attracted to women? Is a F2M trans person who wants to live as a gay man a gay man, or a biological female attracted to men? These are heterosexuals.

I thought we were talking about Islamic Republic folks.

Yeah, I don't know. Hetero on the inside, homo on the out?

Even though it's primarily aimed at Iran, and probably will have zero real effect anywhere, it's one of the very few things this administration has done that I agree with. Even if Trump himself probably didn't champion the cause.

The far right Trump supporters must be angry though.

Well, well, well... what say the leftists now? Not quite the narrative you'd expect, yes?

BERLIN — The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay...
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...ion-homosexuality-n973081?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
Well if his administration is serious about it then it is good. But your own link suggests its merely being used as a ploy to pit the Europeans against Iran. And of course many of the US' allies have such laws despite the fact that the Trump administration is focusing on Iran. If he holds Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Oman, Egypt and other US allies with poor track records on LGBT rights to the same standard then great. If not, as I expect him to unfortunately, then its merely a cynical use of LGBT rights to advance geopolitical goals and not at all praise worthy.

Also note that Trump is working with global institutions like the UN and EU. I thought right wingers like you hated such globalist institutions? Aren't they supposed to be some wellspring of tyranny? In fact right wingers like you hate the top down push of secular liberal values but that's exactly what's happening here if you think about it. Of course its good to see the mouthbreathers on the right like you applauding it instead of falling back on your silly anti-globalist tropes because if done honestly its a good initiative but its still funny to see the hypocrisy.

Even though it's primarily aimed at Iran, and probably will have zero real effect anywhere, it's one of the very few things this administration has done that I agree with. Even if Trump himself probably didn't champion the cause.

The far right Trump supporters must be angry though.
Actually on the issue of LGBT rights I think Trump is probably socially liberal. Whatever socially conservative anti-LGBT stuff comes out of his administration I assume comes from the conservative Christians whom Trump has to concede to on this or that to maintain his legitimacy in the GOP. But he has extended many olive branches to the gay community in a way few Republicans at the national level have
As a candidate, Trump was ambiguous about his position on many gay rights issues, but notably became the first Republican nominee to mention LGBT rights in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention. His convention also featured another first: PayPal founder Peter Thiel became the first gay person to acknowledge his sexuality in a speech to the GOP convention, declaring he was “proud to be gay.”
At the end of the day he was born in raised in NYC so he can't be that socially conservative.

Well, well, well... what say the leftists now? Not quite the narrative you'd expect, yes?

BERLIN — The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay...
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...ion-homosexuality-n973081?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
And the leftists think it’s....

...Racist!

664505-D3-15-F6-4-C35-B124-3-CBF3-E5-FE734.jpg

Christ almighty, what’s next, Jewish people getting behind anti-Semites just to spite Trump??
C2519-C6-B-FC1-D-499-E-9-C46-F070-C13-B867-D.jpg

Oh.

Well if his administration is serious about it then it is good. But your own link suggests its merely being used as a ploy to pit the Europeans against Iran. And of course many of the US' allies have such laws despite the fact that the Trump administration is focusing on Iran. If he holds Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Oman, Egypt and other US allies with poor track records on LGBT rights to the same standard then great. If not, as I expect him to unfortunately, then its merely a cynical use of LGBT rights to advance geopolitical goals and not at all praise worthy.
We've been through this and I basically agree.

Also note that Trump is working with global institutions like the UN and EU. I thought right wingers like you hated such globalist institutions?
The right won't have me.

Aren't they supposed to be some wellspring of tyranny? In fact right wingers like you hate the top down push of secular liberal values but that's exactly what's happening here if you think about it. Of course its good to see the mouthbreathers on the right like you applauding it instead of falling back on your silly anti-globalist tropes because if done honestly its a good initiative but its still funny to see the hypocrisy.
Show me my hypocrisy, lol. The Jew speaking for the largest refugee population on earth that the left couldn't give two shits about.

Not sure how that makes sense. lol. I guess if you can't fuck a dude (as a dude), then the workaround is fucking a guy person who used to be a dude?

Maybe this Iran invation thing is the rational why gays should be in the military imagine the horor those Iranian biggots would feel when they know hordes of Homos with big guns gonna invade them. @NoDak gonna enlist. Got to fuck some Wild Imam booty!

Actually on the issue of LGBT rights I think Trump is probably socially liberal. Whatever socially conservative anti-LGBT stuff comes out of his administration I assume comes from the conservative Christians whom Trump has to concede to on this or that to maintain his legitimacy in the GOP. But he has extended many olive branches to the gay community in a way few Republicans at the national level have

At the end of the day he was born in raised in NYC so he can't be that socially conservative.

Well that is encouraging. I'm sure that if he was dead-set against gay rights, he wouldn't have let anyone suggest this. So props to Trump (did I say that?).

That is some mind fuck there captain.

A new sexual preference mindfuckingsexual

Back