Trump adds televangelist to his White House team.

I am always amazed and shocked that in a highly literate and advanced country as the US, we have hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans supporting obvious and blatant Charlatans (televangelists , especially Prosperity Doctrine purveyors) . This stuff doesn't fly in Western Europe, so why does it in the US?

I am an ex-Christian, so for the Christian conservatives here, don't you think Prosperity Doctrine 'pastors' (Paula White, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland and many many more) are a blight on Christianity ?
In atheist places, most people don't even know their neighbor's name -- let alone know them personally and have dinner together. Religion keeps a community together and, in doing so, maintains a way of life.

Last edited:
Having lived in religious places like the deep South, it's less of following god and more of it's the only way to maintain your culture. Without religion, everything gets diluted, divided, and bastardized. In atheist places, most people don't even know their neighbor's name -- let alone know them personally and have dinner together. Religion keeps a community together and, in doing so, maintains a way of life.
I had come to the conclusion a while back that Southern Christians weren't Christian at all, for them religion was about identity and culture, kinda like small ethnoreligions. A way to keep tribalism without admitting to being tribal. Why else did they support slavery then segregation and then jump ship to the GOP when the Dem establishment supported Civil Rights.

Last edited:
In atheist places, most people don't even know their neighbor's name -- let alone know them personally and have dinner together. Religion keeps a community together and, in doing so, maintains a way of life.
"Atheist places"? "Most people don't even know"? Shut the fuck up.
I get a strong feeling you don't know what you're talking about.

"Atheist places"? "Most people don't even know"? Shut the fuck up.
I get a strong feeling you don't know what you're talking about.

He's suggesting that church attendance builds a stronger sense of community.

Which it does.

Problem?

The White house don't need no televangelist they need a exorcism...

This is a secular country. You can't complain that your religious views aren't being represented.

I'm not. I'm not religious.

But America is a Christian nation. The pilgrims came here to practice their own (stricter) form of Christianity free of what they interpreted as persecution from other (more moderate) Christians in Europe. Not to be atheists.

Read a book.

But America is a Christian nation. The pilgrims came here to practice their own (stricter) form of Christianity free of what they interpreted as persecution from other (more moderate) Christians in Europe. Not to be atheists.

Read a book.

The Pilgrims didn't found the United States of America. Secularists, many of whom were Christians, founded the United States of America.

I am always amazed and shocked that in a highly literate and advanced country as the US, we have hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans supporting obvious and blatant Charlatans (televangelists , especially Prosperity Doctrine purveyors) . This stuff doesn't fly in Western Europe, so why does it in the US?

I am an ex-Christian, so for the Christian conservatives here, don't you think Prosperity Doctrine 'pastors' (Paula White, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland and many many more) are a blight on Christianity ?

90% of African Americans believe in God and Christ. That makes you racist for questioning their beliefs and showing Bigotry. Seek forgiveness for your racism.

This is what you want to be true. This isn’t actually what is true. I’m an atheist who learned my neighbors names within weeks and all our children play together and nobody cares if you are an atheist or Christian or Mormon. We are humans

Religion is fake news

90% of African Americans believe in God and Christ. That makes you racist for questioning their beliefs and showing Bigotry. Seek forgiveness for your racism.
I know you are trolling but....
....believing in Jesus and going to Church is not the same as supporting Televangelists , especially Prosperity Doctrine peddlers. Most Christians do not go to Mega-Churches, adhere to Televangelists or the Prosperity Doctrine.

More crazies? I didn't think you could load so many lunatics in the White House.

Read a book.
America is majority Christian , whose society has Christian roots but the founders were quite clear this is a secular country , so it does not matter that the Pilgrims weren't atheists. Our Founders, some of them, were in all likelyhood Deists, since some were Freemasons.

More crazies? I didn't think you could load so many lunatics in the White House.
Birds of a feather.....

But seriously I would use the word "grifter" rather than "crazy". Folks like Paula White aren't crazy, they are entirely self-serving scam artists.

Good.

We should all pray for our Lord and savior.
saint-donald1.jpg

Trump Bless

Back