Truly disappointed

Sad about Wanderlei's legacy. Happy to see Chael face Vitor.

I think it will be a better fight, and if Vitor can finish Chael I think he'll get the next shot against Weidman. I think Vitor is the most dangerous (and exciting) MW these days (assuming he's the same fighter off TRT), while Chael doesn't seem like he's really committed to a title run in any weight class.

Sad about Wanderlei's legacy. Happy to see Chael face Vitor.

I think it will be a better fight, and if Vitor can finish Chael I think he'll get the next shot against Weidman. I think Vitor is the most dangerous (and exciting) MW these days (assuming he's the same fighter off TRT), while Chael doesn't seem like he's really committed to a title run in any weight class.

plus its also chaels first fight off trt as well and he has stated without he would die, so im gonna assume that's going to effect his game a bit

Can't say I'm shocked. You could tell my looking at Wand that he was on something. He's looking like he did in his Pride hay day. You don't put back on that much muscle at like 38 y/o while training for MMA/cardio. Even in the Stann fight he just looked incredibly chiseled and fought super aggressive. Compare that to his 5-6 fights before the Stann fight and the difference is apparent. He wanted to recapture his Pride glory days but it looks like it wan't to be. Like Overeem before the JDS fight, he didn't imagine a test coming that early.

I'm disappointed in the fact that the, one-time, most universally loved fighter in the sport has become one of the most scorned over some stupid shit like Chael's accusations, trolling, and whatever the fuck this drug-test situation is.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact a great many voice on Sherdog, anymore, is a young voice(as far as how long they've been fans of the sport), but it's sad to see regardless. The guy was fucking incredible, a handful of years ago, and has only ever cared about entertaining us.

Just retire. It's sad watching this version of Wand.

Back