Truly A Depressing Match

Not the even close to worst fight or any list of worst fights.
<Waaah>
Buncha babys in here. Main card kinda fizzled out a bit last 3 fights. Is what it is, not all cards and PPVs are gonna be bangers

Gane was too afraid of Ngannou's power to open up in the striking. Those lazy push kicks he kept using just invited takedowns. Ngannou outwrestled him on strength alone. Shitty fight.
lol what dude?

Ngannou was the one who initiated the wrestling because he couldn't lay a glove on Ciryl. And it won him the fight.

At least ngannou improved in one aspect. But yea, thought Gane was the light at the end of the tunnel for lack of skill (vs power) in the HW division. Nope.....
He will be back, most certainly. Probably didn't train a whole lot of TDD since it's fucking Ngannou and who woulda fucking thought.
Gane will be champ in 2 years tops. Book it

Ngannou doesnt do well against fighters who pressure the pace, he isnt used to being hit almost like Lesnar. Gane has a very promising career however and i definitely think he becomes the championship very soon. There is absolutely nobody in the division that is better than Gane save the champion.
I actually thought Gane was better tonight. He just had a brain fart at the most inopportune moment

Ngannou vs Lewis 2 ........Sucks i am right, lol

Actually i have, and watched him in his peak at Pancrase. He was far more entertaining than what we saw here tonight.
Really Severn VS Shamrock in the UFC was the worst but you must not know those video's didn't come out since YouTube2005 or you where really there? maybe Suncoast or in Japan at time?

Really Severn VS Shamrock in the UFC was the worst but you must not know those video's didn't come out since YouTube2005 or you where really there? maybe Suncoast or in Japan at time?

Yeah im aware of that match, have you heard about the rules for that match? No fist punching was allowed. It produced that crap. Before the show, fighters were warned not to use closed fisted strikes under penalty of arrest. Thanks in part to John McCain.

More striking would’ve been nice but I found it exciting because of how unexpectedly it went. I mean, what if Gane had gotten that knee bar?
I can tell you what happens if Gane never goes for the leg lock:

"And neeeewwww!!!!"

Yeah im aware of that match, have you heard about the rules for that match? No fist punching was allowed. It produced that crap. Before the show, fighters were warned not to use closed fisted strikes under penalty of arrest. Thanks in part to John McCain.
Going to like that shit sucked way back then

Strange fight. But good :) yay for Francis!!

I’m saying this is about as good as it is going to get. They don’t pay nearly enough for the skill set to ever rise above what we saw. This is it. And it’s bad.
Not true at all. That is the best you'll get at HW.

Smaller HW's like Cain before these guys would get blasted and finished a lot quicker. Some of y'all thank NFL 300lbs linemen are peak athleticism, yet they do short 4 second bursts of energy and rest for 2 minutes at a time. You then bash these 265lbs monsters for going 25 minutes, and not being able to trade shots blasting each other in the face.

You people are literally looking for supermen. They'll never exist. Just incase you were wondering.

I guess my biggest surprise is after seeing how physically large Gane was in the shoulders compared to Francis at the weigh in I thought he'd have more to offer in the ground game strength wise than what he showed.

im a kickboxers but i liked it, never seen two guys that big sweeping each other on the ground.

I still don't understand how takedowns without doing any actual damage (just exerting some control) are weighted the same as striking that causes damage.

This is meant to be fighting not simulating wrestling positions.

Are you going to fight someone with a torn MCL thread starter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back