TRUE Punching Power: Julian Jackson.

Sorry King Kabuki, OT, but if you're interested....

YouTube - Donald Curry fights Milton McCrorry

another angle...

YouTube - Donald Curry

till..in a fight with McCallum..in which Curry was very CLEARLY owning him ..until...

YouTube - McCALLUM VS CURRY

..all due to the prior fight with Honeyghan which youtube won't let me into due to graphic obscenities from Honeyghan I believe. Booo.:D

Theee textbook boxer, and call me an old fart, but I swear that this division in particular would smoke the same in todays division. I am aware of the human upgrades but in boxing the elite havent changed much since early 80's. Kinda like race bikes imo.:icon_lol:

I remember Curry. He was highly touted but he came down nearly as fast as he went up thru the ranks. He didn't last nearly as long as Mike, nor maintain his level for as long as Mike.

He had a few bad KO losses prior to hangin up if I recall.

I'll click your link now to jog my memory.

King is working with one of the best in the business.

I remember Curry. He was highly touted but he came down nearly as fast as he went up thru the ranks. He didn't last nearly as long as Mike, nor maintain his level for as long as Mike.

He had a few bad KO losses prior to hangin up if I recall.

I'll click your link now to jog my memory.

I look it it differently in this case tho. I like to think, now that they're gone, who did have the finest boxing skills and physical to boot?(he did fight till mid 90's I believe)

I think there was never a better textbook boxer than Curry. He seemed very amatuer style at the elite in boxing and while seemingly getting the shaft over and over again, he beat so many with such clean boxing.

The Honeyghan deal and then the 2 wins by what looked like classic cheese of good boxers knowing they are cleanly beat by Curry and resorted to, not headbutts... but headdriving...it was gross and a heartbreaking period at the time.

Just one of the many boxers, and few of recent that get the sad story compared to their potential. Nonetheless, he made a clear p4p and we can still judge his ability from some vid. He just carved people up using sweet tech.

Buster Drayton/Davey Moore fight was a fave of mine as well. If I find it, Ill post.

Meh, sounds like you've seen this anywho. Hi-5:D. Anyway, seeing this stuff again reminds me of the amazing hand-eye coordition these fellas have.

I look it it differently in this case tho. I like to think, now that they're gone, who did have the finest boxing skills and physical to boot?(he did fight till mid 90's I believe)

I think there was never a better textbook boxer than Curry. He seemed very amatuer style at the elite in boxing and while seemingly getting the shaft over and over again, he beat so many with such clean boxing.

The Honeyghan deal and then the 2 wins by what looked like classic cheese of good boxers knowing they are cleanly beat by Curry and resorted to, not headbutts... but headdriving...it was gross and a heartbreaking period at the time.

Just one of the many boxers, and few of recent that get the sad story compared to their potential. Nonetheless, he made a clear p4p and we can still judge his ability from some vid. He just carved people up using sweet tech.

He was a very good boxer. You're right, his skill was obvious and he got some hard breaks that on paper look worse than they were. I remember his big showdown with McCrory was built up though on a smaller scale, like hearns v Leonard I.

He took McCrory apart.

He was a very good boxer. You're right, his skill was obvious and he got some hard breaks that on paper look worse than they were. I remember his big showdown with McCrory was built up though on a smaller scale, like hearns v Leonard I.

He took McCrory apart.

You have a personal fave of the past?

I've several but I dont' want to start any shit tonite! I'll say this; every guy who's career I admired wasn't necessarily the top p4p guy or super popular ... meh, wtf ... I liked Hector Camacho and guys like Mike McCallum. Goin way back, Ali, Frazier ... I'm also a fan of RJJ and Virgil Hill.

Quite a mix. I don't follow the game like I used to.

I'm a Winky Wright fan too ... I like alot of the guys everyone else feared for whatever reasons and who spoiled alot of parties thrown in others' honor.

Sugar Shane Mosley, perhaps my biggest current fave. His curtain is coming down though. I'll pull for him til the end.

I admire what Toneys' done over the years but it's frustrating at the mis-steps he's taken outside the ring that his critics use to denigrate his achievements.

He's hellacious, campaigning against the big boys at 5'9 or so, laughing most of the way.

He's wasted a lot of talent, but the guys a lot of fun to watch.

I've several but I dont' want to start any shit tonite! I'll say this; every guy who's career I admired wasn't necessarily the top p4p guy or super popular ... meh, wtf ... I liked Hector Camacho and guys like Mike McCallum. Goin way back, Ali, Frazier ... I'm also a fan of RJJ and Virgil Hill.

Quite a mix. I don't follow the game like I used to.

Shit? Impossible. Shootin it? Hopefully.:)

I never liked Camacho..although a big fan...the irony eh? I was always hoping and arguing for a Jimmy Paul or Bramble to smoke his ass but never came to and good for me.:)

Can't remember the result of L' hector vs Rosario? Did they fight?:D

I admit Hector did become the most successful which leads me to believe that Rosario lost? HeHe.

Ali and Frazier before my time as a fan really...still lov3ed the stuff.

Olajide? Nunn? Holyfield?LOL Good stuff.

Again..sorry...I would still ake Curry over any ww these days. Any of you agree?

He'll take the W against Zab...

Any James Toney fans?

Nope. Not here. I was the only of about 20(no shit) at the time that actually picked Jones over him long before the fight.

I like his concept of mma tho:)

Shit? Impossible. Shootin it? Hopefully.:)

I never liked Camacho..although a big fan...the irony eh? I was always hoping and arguing for a Jimmy Paul or Bramble to smoke his ass but never came to and good for me.:)

Can't remember the result of L' hector vs Rosario? Did they fight?:D

I admit Hector did become the most successful which leads me to believe that Rosario lost? HeHe.

Ali and Frazier before my time as a fan really...still lov3ed the stuff.

Olajide? Nunn? Holyfield?LOL Good stuff.

Again..sorry...I would still ake Curry over any ww these days. Any of you agree?

Camacho and Rosario fought and Camacho won a decision BUT he was hurt by one of rosarios' bombs and many people feel that that was the last time Camacho was macho. Think it changed his style to that of a runner for the rest of his career. I believe Camacho was dating rosarios' sister about that time and made some comments that made Rosario want to murder his ass.

Back