TRUE Punching Power: Julian Jackson.

I watched the Mclellan v Benn fight. I saw some bombs, but I also saw several blows to the back of the head. (Benn was throwing a club-like right hand when Mclellan was ducking or turtle shelling)The Ref should've done something.

I think David Haye is a good example of good technique coupled to good natural power. The result devastating KO power. It will become even more apparent when he begins his campaigning at heavyweight and starts lunching the big guys.

It takes just 3.5 pounds of pressure on the jaw to knock someone out, so therefore anyone with training could knock a person out!

I know, that I don't post much here, but I think everyone is focusing on the wrong things in watching this guy punch. He is in fact more genetically gifted, and that certainly effects power but more importantly, his foot work and technique is fantastic, and that is something that can turn almost anyone into a VERY hard puncher with enough time and dedication. Even at the highest echelons of boxing, there is a lot of genuinely bad technique. His is good.

What fighters has this guy turned out? Dude's website looks like garden variety fitness guru hype with Kettlebells.

http://www.powerbypavel.com/

Just FYI, Russian Special Ops guys aren't all that well thought of in the military community. And even if they were, H2H is like 1% of an operators training. A decent amateur MMA fighter could kick the shit out of your average SF or Ranger guy unless the guy trains MMA as a hobby.

Where does he claim to train fighters? Where has he ONCE claimed or even tried to train fighters? That's not his goal or objective. He could gear it toward fighters but he makes more money otherwise. A lot of the techniques & concepts he teaches make it in the fighter community anyway. Fedor's workout & training, by the way, incorporates a lot.

As for a Special Forces versus any MMA fighter, you seem to forget that MMA has rules. No special forces is going to try to play that game. He is actually going to use his jacket as a trapping tool and then do some shady shit. That is if he is not concealing a blade. Or create a distraction. Or get KOed if he actually decides to face the MMA fighter head on as if it's match, something they are not trained to do.

P.S. Russian Special Ops performance was crap because a) they were malnutritioned, b) they had almost no morale, c) they were abused. Americans would be crying for mommy & daddy before committing suicide if they had to spend even 6 months in what those guys went through and are going through.

lol @ using "secret studies by Spetznaz" as evidence

and wtf is this arguement about technique vs natural power?

Every professional knows how to punch properly, knows how to throw his bodyweight, and turn his hips into punches.

However, a lot of boxers have perfect technique with their punches and couldn't crack eggs. Some boxers can KO elephants on their first day.

For some reason, some people have a natural ability to throw a punch. I don't know the secret. It doesn't seem to correlate with a specific body type as there are short stocky KO hitters and long lanky ones.

Where does he claim to train fighters? Where has he ONCE claimed or even tried to train fighters? ...edited for blah blah blah...
P.S. Russian Special Ops performance was crap because a) they were malnutritioned, b) they had almost no morale, c) they were abused. Americans would be crying for mommy & daddy before committing suicide if they had to spend even 6 months in what those guys went through and are going through.

Dear Assclown,

This thread is about punching power. Many here said it is largely an innate ability. You disagreed and claimed it can be trained and you have knowledge of secret training methods to do so. You were asked to produce said studies and you referenced Kaptain Kettlebell and his website that looks like it was produced by a high school student.

It is not ME claiming this guy is training anybody on anything. YOU are claiming this trainer and his methods can create devastating knock out power in fighters. It is up to YOU to provide some kind of evidence, fighters trained, etc. If he doesn't train fighters why the fuck are you citing him as the expert?

I believe Fedor to be the baddest man on the planet but with a record of 14 submissions, 7 decisions and 6 KO's he is not a knockout artist. Sorry.

The Russian Government has no one to blame but themselves for creating a corrupt and inept Army. American military men are fighting day and night in the most extreme conditions on earth and are killing shitheads by the thousands while smelly, turd-burgling, striped-shirt wearing SPETSNAZ guys are sitting home drinking vodka and routinely killing the hostages they are sent to rescue when they do get work. SPETSNAZ are among the highest paid personnel in the Russian military system and often go on to make huge money in the civilian workplace working for the Red Mafia. They are nothing but a bunch of goddamn crooks.

Where does he claim to train fighters? Where has he ONCE claimed or even tried to train fighters? That's not his goal or objective. He could gear it toward fighters but he makes more money otherwise. A lot of the techniques & concepts he teaches make it in the fighter community anyway. Fedor's workout & training, by the way, incorporates a lot.

As for a Special Forces versus any MMA fighter, you seem to forget that MMA has rules. No special forces is going to try to play that game. He is actually going to use his jacket as a trapping tool and then do some shady shit. That is if he is not concealing a blade. Or create a distraction. Or get KOed if he actually decides to face the MMA fighter head on as if it's match, something they are not trained to do.

StikyIcky,

I really hate to flame but I have to say - Grow up. Finish school. Get into college. Get a real job.

You spouting this idealistic "special ops" crap is ridiculous - you're just regurgitating something you read in a book, on the internet, heard hearsay from some source. Specnaz GRU (you DO know specnaz these days means a lot of different things right?) is in a sad state of affairs, really all that's left is hype and hearsay.

As for the training of power, you have some kind of mechanism which a human body is imparting force say through a punch. Now, doesn't it make basic common sense that certain body configurations (meaning a proportion in the limbs, the way they rotate in each individual's skeletal frame, the attachment points of the ligaments) will vary the maximum punching potential of each person? This is what KK means by "power you can't teach"

In all athletics there's genetic gift. From Lance Armstrong's abnormal blood oxygen capacity to some olympic sprinter's fast twitch muscles (if the Soviet Union has some super secret training method - they should have won more gold medals <-- Think, StikyIcky, use your brain and common sense) Boxing is no exception!

I'm done. You can go back to fantasizing about "top secret killing arts" now

P4P he probably hit harder than Tyson.

I disagree, you can get this type of power by training. It's far far from easy and requires proper research & a lot of mental & physical concentration.

Certain people are simply born with the proper wiring, yet never realize why their body is able to do what others can't.

i would tend to believe teddy atlas over you , some people are just born with ko power

lol @ using "secret studies by Spetznaz" as evidence

and wtf is this arguement about technique vs natural power?

Every professional knows how to punch properly, knows how to throw his bodyweight, and turn his hips into punches.

However, a lot of boxers have perfect technique with their punches and couldn't crack eggs. Some boxers can KO elephants on their first day.

For some reason, some people have a natural ability to throw a punch. I don't know the secret. It doesn't seem to correlate with a specific body type as there are short stocky KO hitters and long lanky ones.

exactly just look at tyson he was like thirteen years old and koing full grown heavyweight's

Tyson knocked out an experienced Fighter, not "someone".

If anyone trains in boxing for 6-12 months, they can knock someone out, it DOES NOT TAKE MUCH PRESSURE TO KO SOMEONE.

The boxing matches I've watched on ESPN all night show people taking blows to the chin that are certainly more then 3.5 lbs.

KingKabuki, since you have been training to fight professionally, have you asked any of the fighters/coaches that you train with who do have heavy hands for any insight concerning how they produce their exceptional power and if so, what have they said?

Concerning Julian Jackson, I've read your comments concerning Mike Mccallum's and Antwun Echols experiences with him. Good testament to his power.
The biggest thing I notice with Jackson is he's very explosive off the floor(in terms of getting leverage) and in the hips and he goes all balls to the wall when throwing power shots. He also seems to lead with/rotate his head really hard along with his body(I've seen quite a few heavy hitters have that same trait) especially when throwing hooks.
It's weird watching Jackson throw pitter pat shots when he's trying to find distance/not all out attacking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back