True or false: The Paulo Costa that fought at UFC 241 would beat every MW in history

While on roids against inferior competition.

Silva is supremely overrated.

Meh. Half the guys he fought were on roids.

And quite frankly we only know he was on roids after he busted his leg, which in my opinion is a perfectly valid reason to take them. But again, he constantly fought guys that were on roids. Sometimes they even on roids and in a weight class above him.

As for the level of competition.... First he took on everyone that was ranked as a contender. You literally can't ask for more. But yet, he gave more. Forest was a former LHW Champion, and Silva busted him down in seconds. He cleaned house and was the most dominant champ in UFC history, second only to Johnson.

Silva was almost 40 years old and had 37 pro fights when he lost to Weidman, lol @ haters grasping at straws.
He also still holds records to this day, such as most finishes in title-fights, most knockdowns in title-fights, etc.

Him losing to Weidman proves nothing.

There's some guys that had the durability and skill in their prime to hang with costa

Anderson
Mousasi
Paulo Filho
Hendo
Sonnen
TRT Vitor

I agree, but prepare to take flaming from Sherdogs #TeamNoGainz manlets, lanklets, and fatties on the forum.
Who would’ve stopped Final Form Costa? Punch Drunk Whit? Stickman Adesanya who got dropped by 5’6 bloated WW GASSEDtelum? Glass jaw Till?

0zunbz4fsk431.jpg
He said in History <6><BC1>
Hendo as well.

I say true

Romero is one of the most skilled and dangerous MWs ever and Costa walked him down, dropped him, took his best shots, and won decisively. In a 5 rounder Romero's chin would've cracked and he would've been finished.

Costa also weighed an incredible 214lbs in the cage, so he would dwarf most MWs that competed in the past.

I just don't see anyone being able to take this dude's power for 5 rounds and stay standing. Prime Hendo would give him a good fight but I see him falling eventually as well.
Lol, no he was gassed and Romero was pouring it on. Romero would have beat him in 5

images

images

images

Paulo Costa is a strong, fast,defensive wrestling capable of stopping offensive Romero Wrestling.

Paulo Costa is a monster capable of beating any MW in history.

images

tumblr_pe0bfoQ3MX1qb9e0h_540.gif

InsidiousVariableAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

BrokenDownrightBluefish-size_restricted.gif

stamina and fall defense capable of stopping an Olympic Wrestler.
UntimelyClosedBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

Romero beat him. He's still the man to beat at MW.

I say true

Romero is one of the most skilled and dangerous MWs ever and Costa walked him down, dropped him, took his best shots, and won decisively. In a 5 rounder Romero's chin would've cracked and he would've been finished.

Costa also weighed an incredible 214lbs in the cage, so he would dwarf most MWs that competed in the past.

I just don't see anyone being able to take this dude's power for 5 rounds and stay standing. Prime Hendo would give him a good fight but I see him falling eventually as well.
It's clear Yoel would've decisively won in a 5 rounder that night. He took over second half of the fight. It was best Yoel we seen, with stance switches and new strikes.

Very impressive Costa survived that and wasn't wobbled or dropped.

No. He gassed in that fight and arguably didn't even win.

Paulo Costa has been tested dozens of times and IS NATTY, and in reality he looks natty, only losers would think differently. His body is 100% achievable by just working out hard and eating well given his frame.

He's also a heavyweight, he walks around at 225, If we banned weight cutting via hydration tests he'd fight at Heavyweight, or maybe lose 10 pounds to go down to Cruiserweight (given my outline for weightclasses in my sig)
Your weight classes are stupid.

Riveting analysis there pleb

If you're so confident, name the guys that would beat him and how they would do it.
Prime Silva probably dodges his power shots, keeps enough distance to avoid the body shots, waits for him to gas out and clowns him on his way to a ko.
Pre rockhold Weidman probably panic wrestles him as soon as the fight starts or in response to a flurry against the cage. Holds him down, advances to mount and does him like he did vitor.
Adesanya, see Silva above.
The other mws though...oof good luck. I like whittaker, speed and all but he's reckless. Oh yeah add cannonier in the mix too. He's a bmf unfortunately can't give you a detailed reason as to why. Only seen like two fights. But Weidman and Silva /adesanya were built to beat up people like Porrachina.

Had to make an account to point out that OP is completely delusional. Romero actually even won the fight, and with 2 more rounds would've starched Costa.

Sure, Costa won R1. Even had good exchanges at the beginning of R2, but Romero beat him like a dog for the rest of the entire fight. Not to mention the fact that Costa didn't even win R1 that bad, it was decisive but he took almost as much damage doing it.

Costa is epic but his style and build is meant to be countered by Israel.

700full.jpg

RigidHiddenAss-size_restricted.gif

Romero played with Weidman, Costa destroyed Romero.

Paulo Costa kill Weidman.

Does anyone think skinny Adesanya will beat Monster Costa ?

images

Adesanya can't even knock out old Silva.
DrearyBlueChafer-small.gif

ColorlessQuerulousErmine-small.gif

this punch and skinny Adesanya sleep.
InsidiousVariableAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

False, Costa was completely gassed in the 3rd round; someone like Nick Diaz would have easily tko'd Costa in the 4th round.

I saw Costa fading hard in round 3. Yoel Kos him in round 4... Winning decisively??? Lol the delusion is strong in this one.

False. He arguably lost on the night. Media scores were completely split down the middle. He looked far from unbeatable, you’re hyper inflating that performance if you think it was some insane outing.

False, Costa was completely gassed in the 3rd round; someone like Nick Diaz would have easily tko'd Costa in the 4th round.

He participated in a war with the Cuban machine, every human being on the planet would tired.

Nick is not Romero would be crushed in Round 1.

Back