True or false the Hendricks that fought GSP is currently the best WW?

How can he be currently the best when he doesn't fight like that currently according to you?

Sorry english is not my first language. Let me rephrase: The hendricks that fought gsp, would he beat every ww currently on the roster?

I think Hendricks needs to remember that what got him to the top was being aggressive. It's as if he wanted to play it safe since Lawler rocked him in their first fight.

I know Robbie is good, but i feel like Hendricks fought wierd in their last fight, no?

that "weird" you saw in the last fight translates to scared, robbie beat the crap out of hendricks the first time and that level of pain takes some getting over, look at junior vs cain. junior will never be the same fighter he was before cain demolished him. i'm not saying lawler has broken his confidence, but he got hendricks doubting himself. confidence is king in the ring.

Sorry english is not my first language. Let me rephrase: The hendricks that fought gsp, would he beat every ww currently on the roster?

IMO, NOPE. As soon as he started fighting top tier fighters, he started to struggle. Condit, GSP, Lawler.

He was in the zone against GSP and was super-primed for that fight. However, he still lost.

I'm a little confused why he doesn't try to use his wrestling more.

Even when GSP predicted the rematch he said that both of them were good strikers, but only one of them is a good wrestler and that should be the edge. I think Johnny just had a bad weight cut honestly.

He tried it didn't work. His head end up in Robbie's crouch for half the fight.

that "weird" you saw in the last fight translates to scared, robbie beat the crap out of hendricks the first time and that level of pain takes some getting over, look at junior vs cain. junior will never be the same fighter he was before cain demolished him. i'm not saying lawler has broken his confidence, but he got hendricks doubting himself. confidence is king in the ring.

Come on now... Junior/cain 2 was just a savage beatdown over the course of 5 rounds. Hendricks/Lawler was close

I think Hendricks needs to remember that what got him to the top was being aggressive. It's as if he wanted to play it safe since Lawler rocked him in their first fight.

people overlook the affect lawler's power and attitude has on his opponents. it's not just the power of his punching, it's the way he reacts when he's exchanging punches. he's like "grrr" his opponents go "eeek"

IMO, NOPE. As soon as he started fighting top tier fighters, he started to struggle. Condit, GSP, Lawler.

He was in the zone against GSP and was super-primed for that fight. However, he still lost.

I believe he struggled against pierce and story too. Hendricks is no stranger to tough fights, but his opponents need to bet their ass that they will struggle against Hendricks too.

He is one of those fighters that always fights at his opponents level, but will rise to the occasion sometimes and suprise. Dillashaw is like that too

No.

Honestly, I miss GSP. I miss how I could read anything about his upcoming opponent, whatever strength they had and still know, and I mean know, GSP would still dominate for 5 rounds. I really like Robbie, I mean he was part of the reason I actually snapped to MMA rather than just Pride/K1 clips and old UFC tapes; but GSP would dominate him for 5 rounds.

Hendricks looked good against GSP because he was stronger than GSP. Im not saying that is the only he reason he pretty much won, but yeah. Both fights he has had since he has looked half that man, straight up. Half that man. Or double stuffed, whichever.

Come on now... Junior/cain 2 was just a savage beatdown over the course of 5 rounds. Hendricks/Lawler was close

your right i wasn't comparing them in terms or damage, i was using it as an example of a fighter breaking a fighter mentally. i honestly believe robbie seriously put the fear in him in the first fight even though it was a close contest. you could see the look in hendrink's eyes change very quickly when he felt lawler's strikes. before the fight he though he was a good as robbie standing, he quickly discovered otherwise.

2008 GSP would be still be untouchable even now, but the injuries he's had over the last few years have diminished his physical prowess.

What kind of question is that? How can a past fighter be the best current fighter? Is the GSP who destroyed Fitch currently the best WW or is it the hitherto unknown guy who will be champ in a few years? Who is currently better?

False. See Condit taking it in a 5 rounder. Also think Lombard would give Hendricks fits. Could also see Rory taking a jabfest decision.

I don't think Hendricks is best. I'm not buying the Lombard hype, he'd be high, but I'd probably put

Lawler
Rory
GSP *Inactive*
Condit
Hendricks
Lombard/Gastelum (depending on the outcome of their fight)

Let me make sure I understand: the way a current WW fought in a fight over a year ago is currently the best version of any WW particularly in light of how that same WW has looked in his last two more recent fights?

This.

Horrible Thread is horrible.

False, after 10 rounds I think Lawler proved himself to be the better fighter

False. Hendricks is way overrated.

The Hendricks who ducked free VADA testing under the guidance of his boyfriend Dolce and lost to GSP the best WW currently? Meh. In Hendricks last 3 title fights, each fight, each performance has been incomplete. People can argue close decisions going one way or the other all day long. At the end of the day, a real Champ leaves no doubt. When GSP conquered Hughes, he left no doubt. When GSP reclaimed the title, he left no doubt. when GSP went on to defend the title, defense after defense he left no doubt. In each of Johny's last 3 fights, he has left doubt, and that's why he isn't the Champion anymore. Now he needs to figure out what weight he wants to walk around at? How much weight he wants to cut? He's tried to leverage his advantage by walking around over 200lbs, ballooning up to 200lbs for fight night after he makes weight. Now he's using that as an excuse for sub par moments during incomplete performances. Now if he actually decreases his mass by reducing how much weight he carries, the question will be, if he will still be able to enjoy the same strength advantage he has tried very hard to leverage for himself. On the bright side, the UFC is using a cop out to drop the extra out of competition PED testing, and I'm sure that neither he or Dolce will be upset by that. If he beats Lawler in the rubber match though, likely he will still leave doubt in victory. He's good enough to be at the level of a current WW Champion, but not good enough to be a cut above the rest like GSP was for so many years.

Back