True or false? The Chris beats Anderson everytime

ortizgnp

Juice Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Alright, so it's common knowledge that Anderson Silva didn't win a single minute against The Chris Weidman in both their fights combined.
The Chris just had his number in those fights, it's not debatable.

Lets take USADA out of the picture. Would the outcome be any different if Anderson was still in his prime and/or motivated?
Or is The Chris just the superior fighter and a nightmare matchup for Anderson?
How would a third fight go today when both fighters have declined a bit?

Discuss

Not every time, maybe 8/10 times. Maybe more now that Andy is 60 years old.

Prime vs Prime Anderson beats him 9/10 times.
I completely disagree.

Anderson was extremely vulnerable to wrestling and the Chris has great mma wrestling. Hes like a Chael Sonnen 2.0, not to mention he had zero trouble at all with Silva in two separate fights.

I think Weidman beats Silva the majority of the time if they fight, not to mention Silva's ufc career has a permanent asterisks next to it.

Last edited:
No way Anderson could have ever pulled off something like this...

source.gif

I don’t know but Anderson will always be in GOAT conversations and Chris is almost forgotten already.

<6>

I think that Chris just happened to be "that guy" to beat Silva. We often see fighters who for some reason or another, just have another fighters number. He'd beat Silva if they fought again.

I don’t know but Anderson will always be in GOAT conversations and Chris is almost forgotten already.

<6>

True. Anderson managed his career better and was more careful with the matchups. The Chris should have done the same.

This is a tough one. The way The Chris dominated AS in the 2 fights makes it difficult to think AS would stand a chance against him even in his prime. But when I look at a young Silva's speed, agility, relaxness, etc. in his early fights, I can't imagine a well-rounded, but lackluster Weidman beating him.

I can imagine Anderson striking Chris and dancing circles around him while doing his signature hand-on-hips taunt, while Weidman tries to charge at AS, frustrated.

Do I think Weidman could wrestle a prime Anderson for 5 rounds and win a decision? Yes. Do I think Weidman would KO a prime Anderson standing every time? No.

I disagree that Anderson lost "every minute of both fights" but agree that Weidman is a bad style match-up. Considering Weidman has struggled to beat anyone around his own age, I think his wins have become somewhat overrated and that he was in a "right place, right time" situation that others could have performed in as well.

Prime vs Prime: I'd say Anderson wins 6/10 times with Weidman's cardio over 5 rounds being the swaying point

No way Anderson could have ever pulled off something like this...

source.gif
lol @ the triple knee...
never noticed it before but Chris got hit with the flying knee, hit himself in the face with his own knee on the way down, then got kneed in the back of the head

Prime for Prime, no cheating I would say anderson beats him 2/10 times at the most.

True. Anderson managed his career better and was more careful with the matchups. The Chris should have done the same.
Ya, cause it’s not like Chris built his career on aging legends at the decline of their careers.

Back