True or False: Showtime Pettis is a very dangerous matchup for Tony coming back from surgery?

I’m really excited to see this fight go to the ground. Pettis is no joke on the mat and has submitted many high level grapplers. Pettis is dangerous for anyone if he shows up at his best.

Anyone is dangerous for Tony right now, he is coming back too soon and his knee is gonna get the shit kicked out of it.

tony is going to have to be careful.

if he underestimates pettis, he will pay dearly.

Well it depends on what time the fight is taking place!

You have to favor Tony here, but everyone has a chance. Especially an ex-champ like Pettis. What kind of shape is Tony's knee in anyways? have not heard much news specifically speaking to the condition of Tony's knee.

Pettis is no easy out for anyone and is coming off a win which brings confidence. A confident, motivated Pettis has a legit chance for the upset.

Pettis will follow the advice of his new coach John Kreese and sweep the leg.

Pettis is a mentally weak fighter so I don't see how he can fare well against a relentless fighter like Tony who never gives up no matter what.

Pettis is still a game fighter. He needs to change a few things to get back to where he was, mainly switch his Stance and fight from southpaw again which is what he did when he was tearing through LW. I really don't understand why he fights exclusively from orthodox now. I have to think it's injury related.

That said Tony is a bad matchup for him. I don't see a lot of ways Pettis can win this. Tony is just too big for him and has that unorthodox style.

Also I expect the injury to have little to no effect on Tony. He wouldn't be coming back if he wasn't ready.

Even though he's been slipping, Pettis is a dangerous matchup for anyone ever in the division tbh. He has moments of greatness every so often.

I think anyone is a dangerous matchup for Tony if he is rushing back before his knee is ready.

I'm gonna be triggered if Pettis kicks Tony's leg and he collapses in agony, reinjured.

Pettis is dangerous for anyone. He can shut off your lights with a single kick or submit you out of nowhere. Unless Tony plans to wall n stall it's a dangerous fight.

Being on return from major injury, i think its about 50/50. Pettis isnt a chump and who knows how tony will fight after that brutal cable attack.

Tony wins this.
He's gonna pressure forward relentlessly and put Pettis on his backfoot where his striking is not as dangerous and take him down. He's bigger and stronger than Pettis so his top control will be effective with some GnP.
Pettis won't sub Tony off his back.

Both great fighter, it all depends on which form of which shows up to be honest.

Tony is wild chaos and usually it works

Pettis is more refined and when on point very very dangerous

Tonys win streak is crazy, here he is again fighting another dude and not for the belt

Pettis poses a risk, for sure.

I expect tony will win, but a close fight or Pettis win wouldn’t surprise me all that much.

Showtime’s best fights and best years are likely behind him, but still a helluva fighter and a tough, tough match up for most 155 lb fighters.

I hope it is entertaining, and I expect it will be

Guys what is the odds at bookmakers? Could not find any

The worst match up for pettis is pressure fighters with high speed and endless cardio.

Who fit into that category?

images

No, the worst matchup for Pettis is pressure wrestlers

Pettis bout to be minor leagued...

Back