True or false: Ronda could ask +20 million/fight to come back and UFC would pay her.

I think she would get a $5 million guarantee against her PPVs. They definitely want (and need) her back but $20 million is a bit rich.

False.

She has to prove that she can get back into top shape and perform at her best again before she's in any position to ask for huge $$$

But you do understand thats completely irrelevant? Only thing you need to consider is how much she would bring money to the company.

Especially if Conor loses to Nate and loses a ton of his draw power. Ronda`s comeback fight would probably sell over 1,3mil PPV regardless of the rest of the card.

True or false?
gotta run those numbers and see what kind of marketablity she has in terms of polls etc before making those kinds of decisions

But you do understand thats completely irrelevant? Only thing you need to consider is how much she would bring money to the company.

I think that is relevant with regards to how much she could bring to the company, because interest in her has waned in the wake of that devastating loss and the extended absence. The casual fans and women who had never cared about MMA before are not going to be buying in droves to see Ronda Rousey the way they did before without her making a big splash with a huge comeback win first, IMO.

With Lorenzo out of the way, Dana just might

I think that is relevant with regards to how much she could bring to the company, because interest in her has waned in the wake of that devastating loss and the extended absence. The casual fans and women who had never cared about MMA before are not going to be buying in droves to see Ronda Rousey the way they did before without her making a big splash with a huge comeback win first, IMO.

I see it a bit differently. I think her comeback especially would be huge, people would pay to see how she bounces back and it would create a ton of mainstream media hype. And despite of her loss to Holm, she is now even more popular than before that fight. She has only gotten more fans since the fight.

I say her comeback fight would sell +1.3mil easily, and that would be enough for her to ask 20mil and UFC still making a significant profit.

there being a new breed of girls who seem to be better MMA fighters than the women Ronda was fighting

Nonsense. Which fighters do you think constitute this new breed of girls?

Are you talking about Nunes? She did beat three fighters Ronda beat: McMann, Budd, and Tate. She also lost to two fighters Ronda beat: Davis and Zingano. Nunes looks great, but she isn't head and shoulders above what the bantamweight division was when Rousey ruled it.

From what I can see, all this talk of a new breed is trying to maintain the flawed argument that Ronda only fought cans, as if the interesting match ups and parity at the top of bantamweight didn't exist before. But all the top bantamweights with the exception of Shevchenko have been with the UFC for years and during Rousey's tenure as champ.

Yeah, what's up with that? Is there something going on in her world that I don't know of? Is she fighting soon? I know she's fighting weight issues and all.
i guess a few of her annoying fans still survived the Holly Kick and they reenergized to annoy us further. Even tho she isnt fighting anymore, they are here to harass us.

So false. Not even 10 TS.

not for 20 million,especially now that she has lost.

I would imagine her comeback fight would be bigger than any fight she's ever had, for whatever that is worth. Even if just out of curiosity from mainstream.

If she were undefeated I think 20 million would be money in the bank. Now....I could see 10 million being a more realistic answer because she would still have a lot of buzz around her at this point.

False. I think she'd probably get close to $10M, though (deserved or not).

+20? Maybe if it's for a Cyborg fight. Other than that, no. Not now. I won't say "not ever" because had history delt a different set of cards and she went to hollywood with a belt around her waist, I would say yes. The inagural and only undefeated BW champ? She could make a case for 20. Dana would laugh her out of his office, ofcourse but she could get in there with a straight face and have an argument behind it. Now? Not really. UFC would benefit from her return but she's more or less yesterday's news. Her belt changed hands 3 times since she left. That's a potential for like at least 3 different PPV match up.

i guess a few of her annoying fans still survived the Holly Kick and they reenergized to annoy us further. Even tho she isnt fighting anymore, they are here to harass us.

For shame. But true fans indeed; that I can't knock.

current WMMA has too many good strikers and ronda is too old to get on their level

Back