True or False? Eating Mango Skin is Bad because it Contains Pesticide Residue

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I keep hearing this about Mangoes.
People say that mango skins contain pesticide residue, so therefore you shouldn't eat it.

But if this was true, couldn't the same thing be said about Apples, Peaches, & Pears?

Every fruit that is being produced on massive scale has residue, some less some more. I can only speak for fruit that's being grown in Europe, apples are the worst. They're being treated 22 to 28 times during a season. The best thing to do is to put the fruit in a mixture of 1/3 vinegar, 2/3 water and let it stay for about an hour before you consume it.

Why in the holy fuck would you eat the skin of a mango? It's like saying "I've heard banana skins have pesticides on them, should I eat them?"

Regardless of pesticides, mango skins are not the part of the mango you want to eat.

Who the fuck eats Mango skins?

ezgif.com-add-text-3.1.gif

Why in the holy fuck would you eat the skin of a mango? It's like saying "I've heard banana skins have pesticides on them, should I eat them?"

Regardless of pesticides, mango skins are not the part of the mango you want to eat.

Came here to post this. We need answers OP!

Every fruit that is being produced on massive scale has residue, some less some more. I can only speak for fruit that's being grown in Europe, apples are the worst. They're being treated 22 to 28 times during a season. The best thing to do is to put the fruit in a mixture of 1/3 vinegar, 2/3 water and let it stay for about an hour before you consume it.
What about scrubbing it with a mild solution of water and dish washing liquid?
I scrub fruits with water or water+dish washing liquid solution.
Then rinse.

I like mango skin, especially from hard green sour mangos. I’m thinking pesticides on mango skin is probably easier to clean off with water than most fruits. The skin is pretty smooth.

What about scrubbing it with a mild solution of water and dish washing liquid?
I scrub fruits with water or water+dish washing liquid solution.
Then rinse.

I guess you can do that too. Haven't tried it though. Vinegar acid is mild, but is strong enough to clean any residue from the skin.

I keep hearing this about Mangoes.
People say that mango skins contain pesticide residue, so therefore you shouldn't eat it.

But if this was true, couldn't the same thing be said about Apples, Peaches, & Pears?

<Huh2>

Are you fucking retarded?

Don't knock it till you try it fellas.

mango-570x380.jpg

One Mango a day keeps the possums away.

If it keeps possums away how am I supposed to eat my possum skins too

Who doesn’t know to wash all fruit before eating it.

Pesticides, dirt, animal piss and that’s just a start.

Pretty sure the amount on fruit skins is not enough to seriously do any damage to you unless you're eating 50 servings of fruit a day for months

Pretty sure the amount on fruit skins is not enough to seriously do any damage to you unless you're eating 50 servings of fruit a day for months

The result of pesticide consumption has been shown to have results akin to ADHD.

I'll look for the link.

I don't know of mangoes having more pesticides than any other fruit, but one reason not to eat mango skin, and also why you should thoroughly wash mangoes and your hands after handling them, the skin, leaves, and sap of the tree contain urushiol, the same chemicals that are in poison ivy.

Back