True or false?? Does Conor actually own Proper 12

I drink both whiskey & scotch. I've never tried proper 12. Never actually seen it available. But I've tried several other "celebrity" blends & they've all been shit to undrinkable. So I figure proper12 will fall into that category. But I'd try it just to compare my impressions to the expert's. Also crown royal is piss.

The worst fucking scotch I ever drank. It's right up there with that Canadian whiskey shit Crown Royal.

it's not scotch, not from scotland, please don't insult scotch like that

He owns the rights to the Proper 12 name, it’s distilled by the parent company of Bushmills

whsz2U.gif

Look we know it was a shit product but Conor would have made good money off his name with it. He definitely had shares

From what I've heard it'd be a solid whiskey after a few years of rest. He just released it far too early.
This may be true. I've tried it and it was nothing special. The individual flavors in it esp the vanilla overtones, kind of stood out too much. maybe this will mellow out over time. It could be quite good eventually.

Man, Mcountry is one triggered fellow

So you didn't like his scotch either, huh?
Like I said, I haven't tried it. Continuing to call it "scotch" because you think it upsets people just makes you look dumber and dumber by the post. But for sure keep doing it, it makes no difference to me.

it's not scotch, not from scotland, please don't insult scotch like that
He tried to shit on it, without even knowing what it is. Now he just keeps posting claiming he just calls all whiskey scotch. And now he keeps calling it scotch because he thinks he's hurting feelings. It's pretty embarrassing.

He tried to shit on it, without even knowing what it is. Now he just keeps posting claiming he just calls all whiskey scotch. And now he keeps calling it scotch because he thinks he's hurting feelings. It's pretty embarrassing.
You seem to be going on about it, so I am entertained.

Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka.jpeg

For what it's worth, I'm a whiskey drinker, have a glass before bed every night. I got a bottle of Proper 12 shortly after its launch and it was fine for what it is. It's a cheap, inoffensive whiskey a la Bushmills. It's an easy drinker, definitely not nasty or horrible like some of the reviews posted. Those reviewers must have had some agenda. It's not a Midleton or Redbreast, but it's fine.

It's not even close to as good as Bushmills. It's way more harsh and medical tasting.

He owns the brand.

I don't know the details, but I'm assuming he doesn't own any of the infrastructure used to make the whiskey.

Bushmills use malt and grain whiskey, aged in bourbon, sherry and port casks. This will just be a blend of stuff they already had in the warehouse.

There is no age statement so all we can deduce from that is that any component of it must be at least 3 years old.

In order to keep costs down they could use only bourbon casks, possibly after multiple uses. They could use young whisky and a lot of grain whiskey which is cheaper to produce. All of those things would give you a lower quality product.

From his perspective, I assume he can pretty much walk away any time.

It depends how much his company actually does. Do they blend, bottle and distribute? Or do they just own the brand and Bushmills / Casa Cuervo (parent company) do all the work?

He owns the rights to the Proper 12 name, it’s distilled by the parent company of Bushmills, Proximo. He doesn’t own a fucking distillery
Here’s a few quotes from Business Insider after tasting

"It smelled like ethanol and tasted only marginally better," our fintech guru Oscar Williams-Grut said. "A small initial sip was deceptively OK, but subsequent snifters were like vanilla flavouring trying to cover up rubbing alcohol."

Markets expert Will Martin followed up with this: "It tasted like bad whiskey watered down with cheap vanilla extract."

He added, "I am happy to be quoted on that."

"I've drank a lot of bad whiskeys in my day - this was one of them," said Alex Lockie, our news editor and military blogging maestro.
Alcoholics will drink anything.

You didn't like his scotch either?

It’s not scotch, but you wouldn’t know the difference
If you had enough finesse for that your trolling would be more subtle
p12 is perfect for you, cheers

The worst fucking scotch I ever drank. It's right up there with that Canadian whiskey shit Crown Royal.

Just a word to the wise man. If you are going to ridicule something publically, make sure you know what you are saying.

From what I've heard it'd be a solid whiskey after a few years of rest. He just released it far too early.

Whiskey doesn't age once it's bottled, unlike wine.

If it was aged in barrels longer before bottling, it wouldn't be the same process used to make current "proper 12".

Back