True or false?? Does Conor actually own Proper 12

I already knew all this. I guess in my circles people just refer to all whiskey as scotch. I didn't really think these boards were so sensitive into needing to be so specific.

At least in wine some stuff can only be called if its produce in that region, Champagne, Provence, Bordeaux etc

There is sparkling wine from other countries but nobody calls it Champagne, Italy would be Prosecco, Spain Cava

Guess whiskey is the same don´t need to get butthurt just learn

Who refers to "all whiskey" as scotch? That's like referring to all Beef as Steak.

Sounds like you didn't know what you were talking about "What because it wasn't made in

Kind of sounds like you simply dont know what you're talking about.. "Is this a clever gotcha where you feel smart telling me that scotch is only made in Scotland?" so now you're just trying to backtrack.

You are so hurt. It's amazing.
https://www.answers.com/Q/Why_is_scotch_only_made_in_Scotland

Quick! Post and educate them all for getting it wrong!

tumblr_nb3s66w2R41tkh7xjo1_500.gif

And yes, I am aware that not all whiskey made in Scotland is considered scotch. But all scotch is made in Scotland as per definition.

I just didn't care to be specific. I didn't think there would be people on these boards upset enough by the lack of distinction.

Last edited:
At least in wine some stuff can only be called if its produce in that region, Champagne, Provence, Bordeaux etc

There is sparkling wine from other countries but nobody calls it Champagne, Italy would be Prosecco, Spain Cava

Guess whiskey is the same don´t need to get butthurt just learn

I already knew all this. The butthurt is from those that need everyone to be specific. And you are correct about Champagne. But does anyone on these boards come down and say "bro. bro. That's not fucking champagne bro. It's 'sparkling wine', bro!"

I still call it all champagne. Come at me dog.

I already knew all this. The butthurt is from those that need everyone to be specific. And you are correct about Champagne. But does anyone on these boards come down and say "bro. bro. That's not fucking champagne bro. It's 'sparkling wine', bro!"

You probably just drink Budweiser. is normal

You are so hurt. It's amazing.
https://www.answers.com/Q/Why_is_scotch_only_made_in_Scotland

Quick! Post and educate them all for getting it wrong!

tumblr_nb3s66w2R41tkh7xjo1_500.gif

And yes, I am aware that not all whiskey made in Scotland is considered scotch. But all scotch is made in Scotland as per definition.

I just didn't care to be specific. I didn't think there would be people on these boards upset enough by the lack of distinction.
I'm not hurt at all. Again, you just claimed it was terrible scotch (sure it's probably terrible, but it's still not scotch.) and now you're trying to not look stupid by saying you just call all whiskey scotch. You know that all scotch is made is Scotland, but isn't the Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland? You're projecting, and you're embarrassed so now you're saying everyone else is sensitive and hurt, while trying to act like a Scotch expert. Maybe you, who knows. But it's not Scotch, and now thanks to me you know the difference between the two. Just a refresher for you..

Summary:
Scotch whisky is distilled twice, while Irish whiskey undergoes triple distillation.
Scotch whisky uses peat-smoked, wholly malted barley, while Irish whisky used kiln-dried, raw and malted barley.
Scotch whisky is produced by ‘blending’, while Irish whiskey is produced by ‘vatting’.
Scotch whisky is casked for a at least two years, while Irish whisky is kept in the cask for at least three years.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-irish-whiskey-and-scotch-whisky/

Hope this helps.

Hurt
Sensitive
Embarrassed

I'm not hurt at all. Again, you just claimed it was terrible scotch (sure it's probably terrible, but it's still not scotch.) and now you're trying to not look stupid by saying you just call all whiskey scotch. You know that all scotch is made is Scotland, but isn't the Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland? You're projecting, and you're embarrassed so now you're saying everyone else is sensitive and hurt, while trying to act like a Scotch expert. Maybe you, who knows. But it's not Scotch, and now thanks to me you know the difference between the two. Just a refresher for you..

Summary:
Scotch whisky is distilled twice, while Irish whiskey undergoes triple distillation.
Scotch whisky uses peat-smoked, wholly malted barley, while Irish whisky used kiln-dried, raw and malted barley.
Scotch whisky is produced by ‘blending’, while Irish whiskey is produced by ‘vatting’.
Scotch whisky is casked for a at least two years, while Irish whisky is kept in the cask for at least three years.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-irish-whiskey-and-scotch-whisky/

Hope this helps.

Really? Because you sure sound hurt I disrespected Conor's scotch.

:D

Much like wine review snobs who cant tell the difference between a $12 bottle and $100 bottle in every blind taste test, all of the exaggerated bad reviews had agendas to get clicks off Conor fans. If they said it was average or mediocre nobody would click on it or share the story

Some of yall are dumb af but not as dumb as @Mcountry who thinks proper 12 is scotch

Much like wine review snobs who cant tell the difference between a $12 bottle and $100 bottle in every blind taste test, all of the exaggerated bad reviews had agendas to get clicks off Conor fans. If they said it was average or mediocre nobody would click on it or share the story

Some of yall are dumb af but not as dumb as @Mcountry who thinks proper 12 is scotch

Worst tasting scotch ever!

giphy.gif

The only thing I can tell you is that in a blind taste test I can spot the difference between Blue and Red label. And yes. I am aware that's a blend.

iu
That's great but if you read the article the guy gave one of them a 3.5-4 rating only to find out ot was a whiskey he had rated 1.5 previously and he got them both wrong

They wouldn't. Proper 12 is nowhere near "top shelf". It's bottom shelf at best.

Although it's shite, it's still branded and priced as a premium whiskey. Much like Patron tequila; by far not the best tequila on the shelf, but priced and marketed as such. There's a reason I put "top shelf" in parenthesis.

Although it's shite, it's still branded and priced as a premium whiskey. Much like Patron tequila; by far not the best tequila on the shelf, but priced and marketed as such. There's a reason I put "top shelf" in parenthesis.

I see what you're saying. Well, it will sell as a gimmick for quite some time, by collectors, etc.

Conor Mcgregor is not the owner of proper 12, he is just a mascot that was used to boost sales.
You're too old to be making stupid threads. That have already been made. About issues that have already been addressed. Pretending you know the answers to questions that can be easily googled.

That said, Conor is a partial owner in a wildly successful business. I'm sure he's made enough money that he could eventually buy his majority partners out. But he's also a former welfare recipient, who spends his time throwing dollies, so he'd run it in the ground without "proper" guidance. Conor is in short, a rich idiot.

That's great but if you read the article the guy gave one of them a 3.5-4 rating only to find out ot was a whiskey he had rated 1.5 previously and he got them both wrong

Happens in wine tasting all the damn time. Someone sneaks in a $12 bottle and the "experts" rate it high.

It's all subjective.

Back