True or False: Anthony “Showtime” Pettis wins rematches vs Alvarez/Barboza

I think he beats Alvarez & Barboza in rematches. Barboza beat him fair & square, but I honestly believe Barboza is done. The back to back beatings he took from Khabib & Lee, he won't be the same. Its high likely he will look like a shell of his former self. Hate to say it, as prime Barboza is arguably the most dynamic striker in the division, super exciting guy but those last 2 fights took yrs off his fight career

Jesus, people are blowing this win over Chiesa out of proportion. I love Pettis but dude is on a decline. Win over gassed Chiesa is not giving me signs that he can beat dudes who can wrestlefuck him and have much better gas tank than Chiesa.

Kevin Lee, Ferguson, Barboza and Khabib would all stomp Pettis. He will never be even a top 5 guy again.

Alvarez honestly should've had points taken away in the fight.That shit was embarrassing. He was just hugging the shit out of him, I thought his wrestling was better than that.

The Alvarez fight was a Split Dec. Alvarez was actually lame & lousy, pure L&P...Showtime should have gotten the dec.

I think Pettis could beat both...under the right circumstances

<Baelish01>

aldo is done pettis still has gas left in him.

Because he lost twice to best guy in the division?

Lets see the Stephens fight before such claims...

If he fought like he did against that Cheisa guys (however you spell his name) I'd say yes.

Last edited:
I like Pettis but nah fam... Gotta let those two go...

Eddie yes, i think he won the first time, Barboza not sure.

Possibly. Those are 3 fighters who I have no confidence in. I think they could all beat or lose to each other on any given night.

The thought of having to watch eddie Alvarez avoid a fucking fight for another 15 minutes in one of the worsr fights ever doesn't sound very intriguing. How in gods name did he get a title shot off that "win". Was he a late replacement ? Like really

His only chance is vs Dustin.

Gets dominated vs Eddie and Barboza

The thought of having to watch eddie Alvarez avoid a fucking fight for another 15 minutes in one of the worsr fights ever doesn't sound very intriguing. How in gods name did he get a title shot off that "win". Was he a late replacement ? Like really
Easy... he just had back to back wins over #3 and #1 and was the clear #1 contender. Not hard to comprehend

I say true.

I thought Pettis beat Alvarez the first time around anyway. Since then Pettis has gone back to his roots of focusing on his offensive attack instead of defensive wrestling, while Eddies chin has gotten shakier.

He straight up lost to Barboza, but I believe he was gunshy due to being on a two fight skid before Edson. I like his chances at out striking Barboza in a rematch now that he is back on the winning track and confident again.

I’d even go as far to say that Pettis could very well beat Poirier in a rematch as well. He had him in some bad submission positions.
View attachment 407867
It so nice to see you start a good thread that isn’t about Colby or Bones, my brother! :cool:
I think Pettis would only have a shot vs. Barbosa. I think Eddie’s chin is a little better than you give him credit for, and Pettis KO abilities were always based more of precision than power IMO. He can beat Edson because his ground game is better and I think he could strike with him. IMO Alvarez is just too tough, a power puncher with wrestling at high levels may be too much for Pettis right now. I like your point about Poirier, I thought Pettis was doing well until the broken rib, would like to see them run that back if Dustin can’t get a title shot.

It so nice to see you start a good thread that isn’t about Colby or Bones, my brother! :cool:
I think Pettis would only have a shot vs. Barbosa. I think Eddie’s chin is a little better than you give him credit for, and Pettis KO abilities were always based more of precision than power IMO. He can beat Edson because his ground game is better and I think he could strike with him. IMO Alvarez is just too tough, a power puncher with wrestling at high levels may be too much for Pettis right now. I like your point about Poirier, I thought Pettis was doing well until the broken rib, would like to see them run that back if Dustin can’t get a title shot.
I do stray away from the usual programs once in a while <Lmaoo>

I really think if Pettis fights like he did vs Chiesa he will outclass Eddie a second time around

Part of me also feels Eddie will be more inclined to just bleed and brawl this time now that he seems less focused on the title or more about putting on a show

Pettis is the second biggest front runner I’ve seen, only Rousey beats him on that. Too me, he can only fight a certain way. He will lose again and again. He still had a good career.

Back