"True MMA fans don't watch The Ultimate Fighter." Opinion piece on TUF.

Completely insane comment. Every mma fan is different watching or not watching a tv show means nothing.

I watch TUF because I enjoy getting to know the fighter for their work ethics, backround experiences, what they specialize in, etc.

It's too bad so many of them have no foot work. :icon_sad:

True MMA fans just read headlines and not actual articles.

nat.png

This...this is the author.

nat.png

This...this is the author.

One of the 46%.

I like Leanne.

"Leanne is a 21-year-old journalist, looking to bring the issue of gender equality in MMA to the forefront of discussion, to critique what she calls ‘sexploitation’ in the sport."

mini-square-leanne.jpg

Sure thing, sweetheart, whatever you say. Now turn around and let me see what you've got.

TUF is "must-see" for any true hardcore fan. we know who we are; don't let the wannabe hipster snobs put you down. they probably saw Drew Dober fight on Saturday and were impressed, checked his FightFinder page, and still don't know about his gritty performance in a one-round preliminary fight against Cruickshank

The article doesn't even do a damn thing to prove her point.

Yeah, incredibly stupid how people act like watching TUF makes you less of an MMA fan. Like when a lesser known name is fighting and everyone goes "who?" To be cool... o_O

You're on an MMA forum, you like MMA, we know! Stop trying to pretend you don't...

My opinion piece: Guys with may 2014 join date and 2 posts should not be able to create threads.

Article was not bad actually. TS title is misleading because the article focuses mostly on the positive things to come out of TUF. You guys should read it

The only thing that seems evident is that the author is not an mma fan.

Very nondescript article lacking in any substance. I would be surprised if she has watched more than one episode. Her biggest shocks seems to be they don't kick the fighters off the show when they lose.

The only thing I learned from the article is anyone can be a mma journalist. You don't even need to follow the sport.

True MMA fans do whatever the fuck they want and don't let trendy assholes who are obsessed with their public image dictate what they do.

aaannnddd that's the thread. Done.

I'm not sure how you can call yourself an MMA fan and not watch TUF. Every season produces elite talent, and it just produced another champion in Dillashaw.

Did it produce a champion or did a champion simply have to jump through the unnecessary hoops of tuf to get to the UFC to have his chance?

I guess I'm not a true MMA fan, I enjoy TUF. It's a lot like college sports to me, it's fun to watch guys in the up and comer stage then see how they progress if they are signed by a major promotion.

Back