TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: August 26, 2018

Teaser Trailer for TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3; Returns January 2019

Starring Academy Award Winner Mahershala Ali, True Detective returns January 2019 on HBO.

TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 in the Works with DEADWOOD Creator David Milch

leJs5Bp.jpg

True Detective season three is inching closer to reality. Series creator Nic Pizzolatto is working on a third season of the HBO anthology series with Deadwood creator David Milch, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The duo are said to be in the early stages of writing a possible third season, which has not yet received a series order.

The news of a potential third season comes nearly two years after the polarizing second season of the drama, which starred Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn and Rachel McAdams. The first season of True Detective drew wide acclaim for Pizzolatto, director Cary Fukunaga and stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

For Milch, the collaboration continues his long-standing relationship with HBO, home to his last three TV series. The NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues vet most recently created the horse-racing drama Luck, which ended in 2012 after one season.

When it first premiered in 2014, True Detective was at the forefront of the anthology trend that has helped bring more and more A-listers to the small screen. HBO is about to wrap the seven-episode limited series Big Little Lies headlined by Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/true-detective-season-3-works-david-milch-989083

Hopefully it will make us forget aBut season two.

Hoping they can get Jesse Eisenberg, Karl Urban, Chris Tucker and the chick who wasn't Emma Stone from Superbad for this season.

Maybe Jason Segel as a child rapist who's also a super talented barista in there as well.

Season 2 would have worked with less main characters, hope the third brings back the epicness of the first

Roy Velcro and him buying his fat kid LeBron's was the only good thing about Season 2.

Fucking hilarious. But in my case, spot on. I think I made it all of about two episodes into S2 before I bailed.

Hopefully they'll be able to rebound with S3 but I doubt it. S1 seems like something special that just can't be duplicated.

Luckily, the show is an anthology series, so there is always a chance for a rebound. I'm in.

Meh. Bring back Fukunaga or this shit is doomed.

I'm in as well. I have a feeling they had a lot of pressure getting Season 2 out in a short amount of time and rushed it considering they were able to push out an entire season only 15 months later. This isn't like a typical show, the anthology aspect makes it a challenge scrapping the cast and plot. On top of all of this True Detective's season 1 director had virtually no input in Season 2. Apparently the concept was for a new director for each season and they ended up with 7 directors for Season 2.

They are going to be taking their time with this season and it will probably be 3 years in the making so they might have learned from mistakes from Season 2.

I felt sorry for the actors. They must have been over the moon when they got signed up for the 2nd season. Imagine their faces when they read the final scripts

I feel like S1 has now entered mythical territory where they will never reach those heights again.

I guess this will prove whether Pizzolato is a hack who got lucky or whether he actually can write, though.

As long as Alexandria daddario is naked as shit I'm in.

Or an equally hot actress

I'm in as well. I have a feeling they had a lot of pressure getting Season 2 out in a short amount of time and rushed it considering they were able to push out an entire season only 15 months later. This isn't like a typical show, the anthology aspect makes it a challenge scrapping the cast and plot. On top of all of this True Detective's season 1 director had virtually no input in Season 2. Apparently the concept was for a new director for each season and they ended up with 7 directors for Season 2.

{<huh}

Season 1 director Fukunaga walked over differences with Pizolotto.

Season 2 was directed by one of the 'Fast and Furious' director's.

Season 2 would have worked with less main characters, hope the third brings back the epicness of the first

If you edit Vince Vaughn's scenes out, or swap him with someone else, you could maybe make a good series out of it.

Back