TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

The way I see it is they're emphasizing on how they're a bad couple who are just together because of that case.
Or, they were a good couple but the case destroyed that, just like so many other lives involved.

I think it's pretty safe to assume it's the Clinton and Dorfs girlfriend was sent to keep tabs on the investigation

When they learn that Tom is gay and find his"homosexuality can be cured" pamphlet, what came to my mind was that scene after they visit the priest and Roland says "Man signs up to go without fucking for life, either he doesn’t know himself for a liar or he’s some tight, limited edition psych, you know? I mean, everybody’s fucking something".

When they learn that Tom is gay and find his"homosexuality can be cured" pamphlet, what came to my mind was that scene after they visit the priest and Roland says "Man signs up to go without fucking for life, either he doesn’t know himself for a liar or he’s some tight, limited edition psych, you know? I mean, everybody’s fucking something".

A lot of people on Reddit seem to think Roland is either gay or bi maybe with Tom. While several clues do make sense would they really go back to the closeted cop story after they did it in Season 2. Either way I don’t think he is.

Definitely think there's more to be revealed about Roland.

I like that they're kind of sandwiching Hayz between times when he was the tracking authority on the case and when his memory is shot. In the interim we have no idea about his reliability as a narrator, and the signs of whether she should be trusting him or not flip back and forth on a whim.

Hope the end isn't too esoteric, but I fear it's getting to a point where a satisfying ending is moving further out of reach.

Without reading anything about the show can anyone tell me is it looking any good this year?

I loved season one and hated season 2

Thanks

Definitely think there's more to be revealed about Roland.

I like that they're kind of sandwiching Hayz between times when he was the tracking authority on the case and when his memory is shot. In the interim we have no idea about his reliability as a narrator, and the signs of whether she should be trusting him or not flip back and forth on a whim.

Hope the end isn't too esoteric, but I fear it's getting to a point where a satisfying ending is moving further out of reach.
I read an interview with the writer where he confirms everything in the 80s and 90s is real

Without reading anything about the show can anyone tell me is it looking any good this year?

Thanks
It's very good. Compatible to S1, but it is a bit slower. Never saw S2

Thanks

It's gold, Jerry.

Gold!

rumours-of-gold-iPhone.jpg

A lot of people on Reddit seem to think Roland is either gay or bi maybe with Tom. While several clues do make sense would they really go back to the closeted cop story after they did it in Season 2. Either way I don’t think he is.
I was implying the priest is(with Tom?), not Roland.

I am really liking this season.

Better than season 2, maybe a notch below season 1. Don't understand any of the hate about it being slow, did you watch 1st two seasons?

Excellent episode.
Wonder who it will be playing Hoyt?

I am really liking this season.

Better than season 2, maybe a notch below season 1. Don't understand any of the hate about it being slow, did you watch 1st two seasons?

Watching them take a dump is better than season 2.

Michael Rooker

I think it would be cool if they brought in the same guy that played Erroll Childress, or someone who looks a lot like him. Sort of to indicate that there's a family of jetset pedophile-killers working across America.

Edit: or maybe its already known that Rooker plays Hoyt? I googled it, and it seems HBO has confirmed it.

Last edited:
What a dark fucking episode, a sad thing altogether. I wonder what Hoyt tells Wayne at the end that he never even mentions it to Roland. Anyway, there have been so many unanswered questions this time.

Last edited:
Or, they were a good couple but the case destroyed that, just like so many other lives involved.

Great point. The irony being that without the case they would not have gotten together in the first place. It brought them together but then gradually chipped away at their relationship.

Thanks

Not as good as Season 1, but it tries to capture the same atmosphere and does ok in that regard. No where near as terrible as season 2. Skip season 2, it almost got this show axed completely because of how terrible it was.

Back