TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

This was my thought as well.

Looks like its not him because Woodward was the guy that got pinned for all this.

I now theorize its Roland and the reason it didn't look like Roland is because of Hayes Alzheimer's

He went up to the guy and said he was sorry

In the last episode during the last scenes, Roland kept on bringing up how Hayes never said sorry

Something happened in the 90s that caused Roland to perhaps lose his gf/wife or some other equally as bad things

Forgot to mention episode 5 played the song Desperados Under The Eaves at the end. Big plus.

Ali is crushing it but holy shit Dorff is epic this season.

I suppose by the end of this season we'll find out some specific details about what happened, but the greater mystery of corruption and molesters will be in the background, like the other seasons.

I predict some just bleed tv fans will not like this episode or most of the season given its heavy focus on drama vs action.

Marsala and Endorff brought some feels at the end of the episode. So Endorff didn't marry that chick he met at the church?

This season sucks

Great acting but no details on the boys death , not even a good suspect. Not even the trash Indian was a good interesting suspect.

The girl straight up said fuck off he’s not my dad I don’t wanna be found

And too many time lines to count

Honestly at this point season 2 was better at pacing and leaving enough of a cliffhanger to make it interesting. And the final episode of season 2 really was good enough to pull the season as a whole from a potential F to a C- grade. It was just graded so harshly because of its comparison to season 1.

Now we have basically the exact same timeline voodoo child killer theme as season 1 , amazing acting especially by dorff, and just not one interesting character other than the main ones or any spooky details of the crime to make it interesting.

I seriously don’t give a fuck about what happened to Julie percell.

I hope she’s a stripper in Vegas that smokes a lot of weed and drives a clean mustang convertible. A much better prospect of a life than if she’d have stayed in the Arkansas house with her hooker mom and dad that isn’t her dad.

This season sucks

too many time lines to count

Hdhsw2.gif

... Damn you’re right, that shit was hard

Hdhsw2.gif

It’s 3 to the tenth power when you consider the son the mom wheres the sister how many Julie parcels are there what happened on the 24 years for the apology the new suspect after the trash Indian was convicted and then it was bullshit how did he get all those dogs what are their names

Should have wrote all that on toilet paper cuz this season is shit

It’s 3 to the tenth power when you consider the son the mom wheres the sister how many Julie parcels are there what happened on the 24 years for the apology the new suspect after the trash Indian was convicted and then it was bullshit how did he get all those dogs what are their names

Should have wrote all that on toilet paper cuz this season is shit

Nope, it’s still just 3

qpjhga7yhcb70hnpenl3.gif

Hdhsw2.gif

Don't you think the timelines that they're older and they still haven't found the girl kind of lame? Knowing they still haven't found the girl all those years later takes away all the drama and suspense from when they were in 90's still investigating. Also the fact the daughter even calls in and says " please dont come after me" " leave me alone": also takes away intrigue. What are they going to do force some adult chick to come back to the real world?

Well since it’s the German 3

Who’s the bad guy

What do you think happened

I honestly don't know. I make a 'notes' file on my phone every time there's a new season of True Detective, which I keep open & make notes on during each episode, and I put an asterisk next to any name I think might be the killer, or might have information on the killer. This season, I have a handful of those, but no strong suspects.

Don't you think the timelines that they're older and they still haven't found the girl kind of lame? Knowing they still haven't found the girl all those years later takes away all the drama and suspense from when they were in 90's still investigating. Also the fact the daughter even calls in and says " please dont come after me" " leave me alone": also takes away intrigue. What are they going to do force some adult chick to come back to the real world?

No, personally I am loving the 2015 timeline so far (and the whole season in general). First, having a protagonist who is showing symptoms of severe onset dementia is compelling; watching a guy who can't even trust his own mind, try to put together a puzzle. The fact that it's Matershala portraying him ups it tenfold, because the guy is a powerhouse actor. Dorff showed that he can bring the goods as well in this last episode, so it just got even more compelling for me.

As for the girl, I suspect she may have been brainwashed, and possibly even may have come into contact with the rape / murder cult this show has been following from a very long distance over these seasons. We'll see... maybe

No, personally I am loving the 2015 timeline so far (and the whole season in general). First, having a protagonist who is showing symptoms of severe onset dementia is compelling; watching a guy who can't even trust his own mind, try to put together a puzzle. The fact that it's Matershala portraying him ups it tenfold, because the guy is a powerhouse actor. Dorff showed that he can bring the goods as well in this last episode, so it just got even more compelling for me.

As for the girl, I suspect she may have been brainwashed, and possibly even may have come into contact with the rape / murder cult this show has been following from a very long distance over these seasons. We'll see... maybe

What character or statement or scene leads you to her coming into
Contact with rape murder cult? Cuz season 1?

Any notes stand out?

What character or statement or scene leads you to her coming into
Contact with rape murder cult? Cuz season 1?

Any notes stand out?

First, just the general details of the murder itself: The purposeful arrangement of the dead boy (Will), posed in prayer, could be related to the group in season 1. It's a stretch, just a possibility.

Second, the way the mom was implying having some feelings of guilt, combined with the fact that SOMEbody definitely drilled a peephole into the kids' bedroom, suggests some kind of pedophilia connection. For a random example of a theory: perhaps the mom was letting creeps pay money to watch her kids undress, and maybe one of these creeps was hooked into the pedophilia ring, and they killed Will and took Julie. Total conjecture, but that's just one possibility for example.

Third: just the way Julie acted on the tapes. Her body language on the video, the way she sounded on the call. She sounds unhinged, detached from reality. Like someone who was on drugs or mental or both might sound, yes; or maybe like someone who went through some truly heinous shit as a child with some deranged psychos might sound.

First, just the general details of the murder itself: The purposeful arrangement of the dead boy (Will), posed in prayer, could be related to the group in season 1. It's a stretch, just a possibility.

Second, the way the mom was implying having some feelings of guilt, combined with the fact that SOMEbody definitely drilled a peephole into the kids' bedroom, suggests some kind of pedophilia connection. For a random example of a theory: perhaps the mom was letting creeps pay money to watch her kids undress, and maybe one of these creeps was hooked into the pedophilia ring, and they killed Will and took Julie. Total conjecture, but that's just one possibility for example.

Third: just the way Julie acted on the tapes. Her body language on the video, the way she sounded on the call. She sounds unhinged, detached from reality. Like someone who was on drugs or mental or both might sound, yes; or maybe like someone who went through some truly heinous shit as a child with some deranged psychos might sound.

The peephole to me was a great clue yet nothing came
Of it... yet, I suppose. But by episode 5 I already forgot about it . Props to you for taking notes but to me it shouldn’t be that complicated.

I feel the only thing that suggests the creepy cult thing is season 1

I guess if season 2 could go from f to c- in my book there’s still hope for this season.

But to me it’s not good

This season sucks slightly less dink than season 2. Should just end it after this season. Nothing will touch season 1.

The detectives killed the brother because he was peeping on the girl and involved in the pedo ring?

Scoot McNairy is in this season. He is the new Sean Bean.

What are the odds something happens to his him?

giphy.gif

fargo-ac.gif

Back