TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

Why was there white guy in suit along with the Vietnamese?

Did he kill a cop?

Seems like he might have killed a civilian / cop / whatever, perhaps by accident - he said ‘sorry’ to him

I can't wait to see the fucking carnage that claymore does against those shithead rednecks.

Seems we may also be likely to see Dorff get jacked up in the carnage.

I noticed this episode that the 1990 version of Roland is walking with a pretty severe limp...

Seems like he might have killed a civilian / cop / whatever, perhaps by accident - he said ‘sorry’ to him

I thought it might have been the guy they end up arresting

Because they did catch a guy for all this in the 90's timeline

This scene was absolutely haunting. In every sense of the word

Screen-Shot-2019-01-30-at-4-33-52-PM.png

Upon re-watching the first two episodes, I noticed there are some west Memphis 3 vibes happening, which also happened in Arkansas, they question one of the three teenagers and reference his black sabbath t-shirt as satanic, it kind of looked like the teenagers were messing around with the kid's bike, but not sure if it was the same one. Then the way they interrogate the convicted sex offender guy in episode 2 makes me think if they were to do something similar to one of the teenagers (whichever one is dumbest) that could be how they "solve" the case in 1980, maybe not, but still, it seems interesting.

Last few episodes have been too slow and boring for me. I guess we'll never again see the magic of Season 1.

Episode 5 was amazing. True A-level shit
Seeing Roland cry broke my heart

I actually thought episode 5 was the worst one so far this season

Its still an 7/10 or 8/10

I actually thought episode 5 was the worst one so far this season

Episode had ups and downs. Bit heavy on the drama. Also think Carmen Ejogo is pretty stiff. Dorff goes the other way and hams it up like he's starring on CSI Miami, but at least that makes him entertaining.
I liked how events in the different timelines started coming together though.

I think this season is turning out pretty good as a whole, but I think the ending will be a bit anticlimactic. Nothing like the season 1 ending*. This season is more about the journey than the destination.

*I find it very hard to believe that a superscary spaghetti monster-type villain will emerge out of nowhere in the remaining episodes.

Episode had ups and downs. Bit heavy on the drama. Also think Carmen Ejogo is pretty stiff. Dorff goes the other way and hams it up like he's starring on CSI Miami, but at least that makes him entertaining.
I liked how events in the different timelines started coming together though.

I think this season is turning out pretty good as a whole, but I think the ending will be a bit anticlimactic. Nothing like the season 1 ending*. This season is more about the journey than the destination.

*I find it very hard to believe that a superscary spaghetti monster-type villain will emerge out of nowhere in the remaining episodes.

I gotta make a confession

I fast forward through ALL the Carmen Ejogo scenes

I just don't find her relationship with Hayes to be interesting and I don't think its important to the story

Of course, I could be wrong and she could be the killer but I doubt it.

In my opinion, this season the killer/kidnapper is not a single person. Exactly like you said it's not a spaghetti monster. Its a group of very powerful people who I theorize are close within the church community

That would be fucking lame so I hope not

I fast forward through ALL the Carmen Ejogo scenes

Gotta love it. Skipping huge chunks of an episode and then complaining about parts of the story that you're missing those chunks of

Show is all over the place . There’s only 3 episodes left im sure it was all tie together though.

I’m just not into 3 different timelines just to find some girl .. now she doesn’t even want to be captured . Lost a lot of its appeal.

Their acting as old guys at the end saved the episode.

Show is all over the place . There’s only 3 episodes left im sure it was all tie together though.

I’m just not into 3 different timelines just to find some girl .. now she doesn’t even want to be captured . Lost a lot of its appeal.

Their acting as old guys at the end saved the episode.

This show isn't really about the case though. It's about the characters

Loved the episode. Matershala simply crushing this season. Dorff brought the goods at the end. Slow burn is working for me.

That would be fucking lame so I hope not

Gotta love it. Skipping huge chunks of an episode and then complaining about parts of the story that you're missing those chunks of

Where did I complain?

I even said that I don't think any of those scenes are important to the story

Don't quote me if you're a moron please

This show isn't really about the case though. It's about the characters
Isn’t about the case ? Wtf? Actually feel like A lot more people would prefer a psycho serial killer than this weird cult , religious kidnap crap.
Even season 1 got weird at the end with the religious cult stuff.

It is about the case. The case is weak and all over the place, and if we’re talking about characters his wife’s character interaction with him is a snooze fest.

Back