Economy Trudeau upset with Biden over keystone pipeline

These decisions that are made for pure “please activists” reasons are generally wrong. Trump did smarter things that this.

So is Biden going to boost development of those oilfields? Or just buy from Saudi Arabia and Venezuela and ship it in tankers instead of buying from Canada and transporting it though a pipeline.

Who the hell knows. I just love how Canadians are talking about the usa having to buy "foreign" oil if they don't get it from Canada.

Do you know the quality of oil they get in the states? Is it as shitty as the sandy Canadian oil? That will be a big factor in the decision making process.

They will probably do a combination of what's cheapest and looks best.

Its a shame that the oil sands product is so hard to refine. That's the biggest reason the pipeline across Canada failed, it was in part the French, nothing to do with Indigenous voices cause who the hell listens to them, it really had to do with refinery groups wanting nothing to do with the shit oil from Alberta.

That's generally what happens when you air your laundry in public for all to see. Maybe take it pm's if you don't want others commenting on it?

Crying about another man's business while desperately trying to make that business your own. That's sad.

Well, you're validated. Eye see u. What now?

You do realize trudy gave them a whack load of money for positive stories right?

That's the typical conservative talking point sure, that it was for "positive stories", that it is impossible for Canadian journalists to be capable of ethical journalism regardless of their business model...

But the reality is a that money also went to news outlets that express conservative viewpoints as well... so... nice try. ;)

The idiot has so much you can pick at him about regarding policy, broken promises, and so many other things.

Large groups of Indigenous and other rural peoples without water safe enough to drink or even wash in, spending scandals, and on and on.

Why bring up how open he is (at least is pretending to be) of groups such as them?

iu

Crying about another man's business while desperately trying to make that business your own. That's sad.

Well, you're validated. Eye see u. What now?
Lol, you're upset for getting called out on crying for help in a thread, I get it. Have a great evening.

I voted for Biden, because duh.

But I think it's a mistake to cancel the Keystone pipeline. They put up a lot of great commitments to green energy, which would have initiated the only real path to renewable energy: having it run parallel with fossil fuels for some time.

However, I'm pretty low-info on this one. What are your takes? Obviously, the Trump crowd is going to ditch a reasonable debate for spamming fake outrage.

I'm interested in legit takes.

That's the typical conservative talking point sure, that it was for "positive stories", that it is impossible for Canadian journalists to be capable of ethical journalism regardless of their business model...

But the reality is a that money also went to news outlets that express conservative viewpoints as well... so... nice try. ;)

The biggest issue for the conservatives is that there is really no reason to elect them. The leadership is awful, nobody is interested in their half-assed social conservatism and the liberals and NDP are more appealing when it comes to social programs.

Who the hell knows. I just love how Canadians are talking about the usa having to buy "foreign" oil if they don't get it from Canada.

Do you know the quality of oil they get in the states? Is it as shitty as the sandy Canadian oil? That will be a big factor in the decision making process.

They will probably do a combination of what's cheapest and looks best.

Its a shame that the oil sands product is so hard to refine. That's the biggest reason the pipeline across Canada failed, it was in part the French, nothing to do with Indigenous voices cause who the hell listens to them, it really had to do with refinery groups wanting nothing to do with the shit oil from Alberta.

Yes that's why Canada is the third largest exporter of oil in the world. Because nobody wants it. Your post certainly sounds like a statement from a Greenpeace website. Utterly clueless and misinformed.

Hell no , when it eventually leaks no one is going to be held responsible.

I feel bad for Alberta. All that oil and no way to export them.

I voted for Biden, because duh.

But I think it's a mistake to cancel the Keystone pipeline. They put up a lot of great commitments to green energy, which would have initiated the only real path to renewable energy: having it run parallel with fossil fuels for some time.

However, I'm pretty low-info on this one. What are your takes? Obviously, the Trump crowd is going to ditch a reasonable debate for spamming fake outrage.

I'm interested in legit takes.

What benefits does America get from this pipeline? It's shitty Canadian tar sand oil that's shipped across the country, refined in Texas or Louisiana, then sold overseas.
Is the risk of environmental disaster and pollution from refining the product worth the jobs created?
IMO no. If it was American oil going through the pipeline, my views might change.

Back