Economy Trudeau upset with Biden over keystone pipeline

Did anyone anywhere not think this was going to happen?
Anyone thinking this is not good for US oil is blind and ignorant. The US has plenty of oil and the keystone pipeline literally goes over the top of oilfields. Tell me why you would pump oil from outside the country into the country then ship it back out? Oil is a racket and if we stopped buying so much foreign oil and bought our own oil first and stopped shipping oil out of the country unless their is a surplus then we would have a thriving more consistent oil industry. Wyoming is the most mineral rich state in the country and they are struggling right now because their oil fields are running at less than 50% capacity. Wy is taking more federal money than any other state in the nation. The answer isn't buying cheap oil from other countries that has to be pumped and moved all over the world before it is consumed.
When gas is a bit higher it supports much more of the us oil industry. Our focus should be on management of oil resources and less exporting and physical movement and not focuses on getting contracts to move or pump it through pipelines shipping and hauling.
And that doesn't even touch the environmental impact of moving it around and building silly pipe lines. The jobs from a pipeline like this are few and temporary and last I heard mostly Canadian.
Wyoming alone could hire 50k workers if they ran at just 70% of capacity statewide. And that would be permanently.

If it's good for the US then good for ol' Joe.

Tell me why you would pump oil from outside the country into the country then ship it back out?

Long story short because most US refineries have traditionally been built and configured to process heavier crude grades like from Alberta or Mexico or Venezuela. With the rapid rise of shale it means that refiners now have this massive supply of super light oil to export but still don't have the refinery capacity for it, so they compensate by blending it with heavy imported stuff.

if both of these scums are drowning, and you give me 50k to save them

I'll gladly not take the money and let them drown

Aint Trudeau for clean energy? Why is he mad about a Pipeline being shut down he should be happy

Is that why they lost the popular vote?

The country is more conservative than the CBC tells you.
I wouldn't even call it conservative, or at least nowhere near like you see conservatism in the US. Our media has been busy comparing our conservatives to the worst the US has to offer while glossing over Trudeau's style over substance style of "governing".

From what I can see, TC Energy is based out of Canada and the only company named as losing jobs.

So America first suddenly isn't good enough. Man, that's crazy as hell lmao.

What country do you think the workers are from that are building and maintaining it at the US side?

I love how Canadians are screaming about foreign oil when CANADA is the foreign oil group in this scnario.

Totally clueless. Keystone literally going over American oil fields, correct me if Im wrong.....
When you're as retarded as yourself, are you aware of it?

"This is it!"

Yeah sure. You are just like everyone on here who told me that Canadian libs would vote against their core values because Justin painted his face two decades ago. Keep dreaming lol, in the meantime his approval numbers are rising and all scandals slide of his teflon coating.

None of those typical righty sky is falling tricks work on Canadians man. Not surprised incompetent cons have not figured this out yet, and I doubt they will by next election either. They need to get on the same side of issues most urban dwelling Canadians are on if they will want to succeed. I actually hope they do because the deck does need to be shuffled from time to time.

This is a joke right? Trudeau has done multiple brutally unethical acts as PM and they are still counting. Harper was clean as a whistle and an economist for fuck sakes. What are your voting requirements? Let me guess: abortion, indigenous rights, LGBTQRS, legalize all drugs. You know actual important stuff.

Oh', they work. And given the minority government Trudy was handed, they're flipping.

This is it!

...except he'd win again if election was held today.

The CBC is literally government funded propaganda.

It's geared towards liberal east coast market certainly. It's no more propaganda than it was for the decade Harper was PM though.
There is really only one time I watch CBC, and that is for HNC. CBC news is pretty insufferable at times not gonna lie.

I love how Canadians are screaming about foreign oil when CANADA is the foreign oil group in this scnario.

Totally clueless. Keystone literally going over American oil fields, correct me if Im wrong.....

So is Biden going to boost development of those oilfields? Or just buy from Saudi Arabia and Venezuela and ship it in tankers instead of buying from Canada and transporting it though a pipeline.

What country do you think the workers are from that are building and maintaining it at the US side?

BRB, looking up how subcontracting works.

Oh wait, it's almost like contracts aren't guaranteed to pan out bruh.

<DCWhoa>

Trudeau is not upset, Jason Kenney, the Alberta premier, is upset. Biden promised he would end Keystone XL on day 1 and he did just that. This is not new news, as we say.

This is it!

...except he'd win again if election was held today.

It's geared towards liberal east coast market certainly. It's no more propaganda than it was for the decade Harper was PM though.
There is really only one time I watch CBC, and that is for HNC. CBC news is pretty insufferable at times not gonna lie.
You do realize trudy gave them a whack load of money for positive stories right?

Back