Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Economy Trudeau upset with Biden over keystone pipeline

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by White Whale, Jan 21, 2021.

1. emefer Brown Belt

I'm in the bathroom, where I take a shit.
    No I don’t believe swapping is the case. Prior to the lifting of the crude oil export ban in 2015 it was illegal. All exports were refined in America with American labor. Guess the fossil fuel companies didn’t want to pay that cost and abide by environmental regulations so they lobbied to send those jobs overseas.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  2. ElKarlo Titanium Belt

I think it is, as recently the US was able to export crude. Some of that crude was newly found or form new fields and had different quality than the refiners were equipped to refine.
    ANd I do agree that any chance they can, they will off shore stuff to get around enviro or other laws and labor costs

3. emefer Brown Belt

I'm in the bathroom, where I take a shit.
    I mean I don’t believe it’s like an even swap. I’m sure dollars are being made in both cases. A short little piece I found on it. Seems the proponents of the oil ban had it right. https://ballotpedia.org/Crude_oil_export_ban

4. ElKarlo Titanium Belt

I can't answer this right now. I am going to have to sit down and really read both arguments. There is a lot of BS and nonsense from both sides and will take me a while to figure out what is real