Economy Trudeau upset with Biden over keystone pipeline

What benefits does America get from this pipeline? It's shitty Canadian tar sand oil that's shipped across the country, refined in Texas or Louisiana, then sold overseas.
Is the risk of environmental disaster and pollution from refining the product worth the jobs created?
IMO no. If it was American oil going through the pipeline, my views might change.
We are still gonna transport the oil. It will just take a lot of trucks and put a lot more emissions in the air.

All of a sudden liberals are cheering on killing infrastructure

I voted for Biden, because duh.

But I think it's a mistake to cancel the Keystone pipeline. They put up a lot of great commitments to green energy, which would have initiated the only real path to renewable energy: having it run parallel with fossil fuels for some time.

However, I'm pretty low-info on this one. What are your takes? Obviously, the Trump crowd is going to ditch a reasonable debate for spamming fake outrage.

I'm interested in legit takes.

He's pandering for leftist votes who don't want it though the USA has millions of miles in pipeline and didn't close one of them. There is no viable alternative energy source now. We are stuck with it till 2050. It's no skin off his back to just close it and fuck Canada in the ass during a pandemic and 10 thousand jobs will be lost. The irony is Biden accused trump of acting unilaterally and not working with countries, and now he is doing the same.

Biden is making the US a laughing stock on the world stage. Why would any country do business with the US when we reneg on our deals and promises at the drop of a dime?

First thing Trump did when taking power was cancelling the finished TPP and that had far more repercussions.

Fat retarded degenerate gambler Kenny grovelling on fox news right now.. how pathetic.

Hilarious how foxnews and the right now gives a fuck about Canadian exports and economy. They all had a nationalist boner when Trump was sticking it to trudeau over steel and dairy. Fucking disgraceful hacks.

"but...but Trump!"

Trump is yesterday's news, this thread is about Joe Biden.

There is nothing wrong with the cancellation, the pipeline WILL leak, not MAY leak and its passing through the most important aquifer in America and all for what? so Canadians can sell their cheap oil in a world that is swimming in cheap oil?

If it was a natural gas pipeline it wouldnt really matter much.

You guys are so blinded by the glorious light of your messianic leader that you cant even see your own hypocrisy.

There no hypocrisy here, except the guys that are tearing their clothes over America cancelling a minor project now that Trump is out of the White House yet had no fucking issue with Trump reneging on major deals with massive economic and geopolitical repercussions.

Long story short because most US refineries have traditionally been built and configured to process heavier crude grades like from Alberta or Mexico or Venezuela. With the rapid rise of shale it means that refiners now have this massive supply of super light oil to export but still don't have the refinery capacity for it, so they compensate by blending it with heavy imported stuff.
I worked at frontier in Cheyenne Wyoming. This is only partly true. The problem is that there are so many "contracts" that are binding that it makes it cheaper to continue the process until those contracts are over. They literally rely on the trucking partnership to stay afloat when gas is as cheap as it is. Their infrastructure is not being used. The cost to modify their processes to allow for different crude is negligible if they could use it. Problem is they cannot guarantee an efficient capacity to warrant costs. There is very rooted and old politics in the contracts to move and refine crude throughout Wyoming and Colorado. I cannot speak to other states but I have to assume they are very similar.
Im sure I don't need to state it but the oil industry is broken in the sense that it is manipulated, politicized and filled with good ol boy contracts and rules. They have set it up to not be able to fail. The oil lobby is as rich as they need to be to get legislation that keeps them intrenched in the world economy. Tesla be damned lol

Trudeau is gonna hit Joseph with a 3 piece combo, extra gravy on the poutine

I can't wait until Alberta just says fuck it and leaves Canada. They will be the chain reaction. You call these people hicks when they are better people than you.

The only problem for Alberta is that leaving Canada to become a tiny landlocked nation doesn't do much to help the provinces economic woes.

Now if they could get Northern BC to come with them (fairly conservative area, access to the coast) the idea would have legs. Or if the US wants a 51st state. Otherwise I don't see who it really helps.

How do any of those "scandals" that were perpetrated by people not named Harper equate to the ethics probe scandals perpetrated BY Justin Trudeau. By your logic , yesterday's report on the GG and her prompt resignation are worse than anything you listed. You sir don't know shit or are a blind liberal. Canda would be such a better place with Harper. Even phizer is walking all over us right now and there is nothing Trudeau can do about it. Keep voting for open corruption! Those big bad conservatives are coming for you!

The harper years were terrible.

They are worshiping Biden like a saint. I have a feeling they will never criticize him om anything let alone on the job losses and then the media wonders why Youtubers have more larger audiences then they do.

Nobody ever worshiped Trump on here. amirite dawg?

Elections have consequences
This!

Im pretty sure this was something Biden said they would do.
Also, the pipeline isn't the savior the oil industry or the Republicans are making it out to be. The jobs are temporary and mostly Canadian. They are making money on the transportation contracts and huge "pumping right fees" the fact that it isn't needed is looked over.
It will have little or no effect on us oil when it is complete. The oil companies will just have alot more money.

This!

Im pretty sure this was something Biden said they would do.
Also, the pipeline isn't the savior the oil industry or the Republicans are making it out to be. The jobs are temporary and mostly Canadian. They are making money on the transportation contracts and huge "pumping right fees" the fact that it isn't needed is looked over.
It will have little or no effect on us oil when it is complete. The oil companies will just have alot more money.
Did Biden say during the campaign to voters who whined about the oil industry to learn to code?

Back