Trudeau defends Statistics Canada move to collect banking info of 500,000 Canadians

It seems like the election is going to come down to Scheer vs Trudeau and the Canadian media. Jagmeet Singh is almost completely irrelevant. I'm sure we will be hearing a lot from the media, especially CBC, about how Scheer is a Nazi, he has connections with the alt-rigth, the Conservatives are a party of hate and anyone who supports Scheer is an alt-right Nazi who hates immigrants and wants to send the country back to the 1950's.
I just hear he's not very good. Do you really think he'd do a better job? LOL
And no doubt, because you're devout, when none of the above comes to pass you'll be back on here recanting and saying how you were wrong, right?

Trudeau is such a simple application of extreme leftism he doesn't do anything you don't expect.

You don't even need him, you can just regurgitate all the far left bullshit and you've effectively replaced him. Anyone could do it

I just hear he's not very good. Do you really think he'd do a better job? LOL
And no doubt, because you're devout, when none of the above comes to pass you'll be back on here recanting and saying how you were wrong, right?

I'm not a fan of Scheer. I just want to see Trudeau and his merry band of libtards gone and Scheer is the best option at this point. I won't be wrong about the media coverage during the election because the CBC has been very biased against Scheer and very pro-liberal and I don't see why that will suddenly change come election time unless Scheer pulls a Trudeau and promises to increase the CBC's funding.

I'm not a fan of Scheer. I just want to see Trudeau and his merry band of libtards gone and Scheer is the best option at this point. I won't be wrong about the media coverage during the election because the CBC has been very biased against Scheer and very pro-liberal and I don't see why that will suddenly change come election time unless Scheer pulls a Trudeau and promises to increase the CBC's funding.
Would you like to supply some sources for this assertion? I have found numerous examples of both praise and criticism of the Trudeau government. I've also seen lots of reasons to support Trudeau, such as the current state of the economy (to the extent he has anything to do with it), his response to US trade sanctions (also supported by Doug Ford's provincial conservatives incidentally), efforts (however insufficient they may be) to improve the lot of indigenous people. What I haven't seen is proof that Trudeau has done an awful job, nor evidence that the current issue, the data requested by CRA, is caused by him. What I haven't seen is proof his so-called SJW agenda has had any negative effect on the average Canadian.

Ever listen to the radio program The House? I thought the CBC was actually quite unfair to the Liberals on the result of the NAFTA renegotiation. Canada was in a bad position from the start and to give as little ground as they did in the face of bullying by the US is a win as far as I'm concerned, but they were heavily critical.

So this is your actual issue, then, not guns. The democratic process will decide what the majority of Canadians think about guns, just like it did with pot, abortion, and gay marriage. But if you think "more diversity" is the bugaboo it's been made out to be, you and I will never agree so we can just stop discussing this now.

Would you like to supply some sources for this assertion? I have found numerous examples of both praise and criticism of the Trudeau government. I've also seen lots of reasons to support Trudeau, such as the current state of the economy (to the extent he has anything to do with it), his response to US trade sanctions (also supported by Doug Ford's provincial conservatives incidentally), efforts (however insufficient they may be) to improve the lot of indigenous people. What I haven't seen is proof that Trudeau has done an awful job, nor evidence that the current issue, the data requested by CRA, is caused by him. What I haven't seen is proof his so-called SJW agenda has had any negative effect on the average Canadian.

Ever listen to the radio program The House? I thought the CBC was actually quite unfair to the Liberals on the result of the NAFTA renegotiation. Canada was in a bad position from the start and to give as little ground as they did in the face of bullying by the US is a win as far as I'm concerned, but they were heavily critical.

I'm not into all that fancy book readin', radio listen' and fancy word sayin' stuff. I just hate Trudeau and the liberal party and want to see the smug, self-righteous bastards gone so I'm voting for Scheer in 2019.

Trudeau is such a simple application of extreme leftism he doesn't do anything you don't expect.

You don't even need him, you can just regurgitate all the far left bullshit and you've effectively replaced him. Anyone could do it
By all means I welcome your examples of "extreme leftism." Compare the Liberals of Canada with virtually any government in Europe.
NhYptDZ.png

I'm not into all that fancy book readin', radio listen' and fancy word sayin' stuff. I just hate Trudeau and the liberal party and want to see the smug, self-righteous bastards gone so I'm voting for Scheer in 2019.
Ah, the well reasoned response I expect from the WR. So, you're saying it has nothing to do with job performance. You just don't like him. Fair enough, but in that case perhaps you'd like to stop making unfounded claims.

At the same time, you're allowed to hate the guy, I don't give a shit. But to want him out of office to be replaced by someone who is not likely to perform as well just because you don't like him is disloyal to your country, imo.

At least y’all have legal weed to help you cope with him lol
Cope? All I see in terms of criticism of Trudeau are ad hominem attacks and misrepresentations of things he's said and done to deliberately whip up FUD.

Please tell me, why the fuck do you want to own a handgun? No one is talking about banning long guns. For what purpose do you want to have a handgun, exactly? There is a strong correlation between the increase in guns in TO and the rise in violence there. The police are blaming increased availability of guns in the community for the issues they're having there. It's not like in decades past there were lots of guns around and not nearly as many gun deaths. There were relatively fewer guns and relatively fewer violent deaths. Now there are a lot more guns and a lot more violence. Why do you think this is a good thing?

Scheer is a moron bible thumper. We don't need a moron like that in power.

No thanks. I'd rather have 4 more years of Trudeau than any PC PM. Scheer is especially horrible.

It's too bad the same people decrying the collection and trade of personal info when it's done by a public entity aren't just as outraged when it's done within the private sector. And vice versa.

I oppose both, as I am not just an unthinking automaton ideologue.
It's all about the feels for these people. Truthiness and fear mongering rule their lives.
This thread is a bunch of garbage claims with a total inability to back them with evidence. Is normal.

This is even more simple-minded than your earlier posts. How about dealing with both?

I don't even necessarily think a gun ban would be as effective as many would like to think, but the option to summarily confiscate a handgun and arrest the person who possesses it would be a help for law enforcement when it comes to gangs, don't you think? (Er, that's a rhetorical question, just FYI.)

What was wrong my threads original title of Trudeau out of control? This place is going to the birds....

Please tell me, why the fuck do you want to own a handgun? No one is talking about banning long guns. For what purpose do you want to have a handgun, exactly? There is a strong correlation between the increase in guns in TO and the rise in violence there. The police are blaming increased availability of guns in the community for the issues they're having there. It's not like in decades past there were lots of guns around and not nearly as many gun deaths. There were relatively fewer guns and relatively fewer violent deaths. Now there are a lot more guns and a lot more violence. Why do you think this is a good thing?
<TrumpWrong1>

Another one. Ugh. Do you have any actual sources of information to support your assertion?
And anyway, the post was mostly questions to the person I quoted. Why no answers to any of these questions if you want to respond, toolbar?
This forum has gone to shit.It's about 75% right-wing malcontents spewing unfounded ad hominem and (maybe) 25% content from people trying to contribute to honest discussion of the topic at hand. Oh well, you can pollute the place, but I'm not going anywhere.

Another one. Ugh. Do you have any actual sources of information to support your assertion?
And anyway, the post was mostly questions to the person I quoted. Why no answers to any of these questions if you want to respond, toolbar?
This forum has gone to shit.It's about 75% right-wing malcontents spewing unfounded ad hominem and (maybe) 25% content from people trying to contribute to honest discussion of the topic at hand. Oh well, you can pollute the place, but I'm not going anywhere.
Okay, here's an answer to your question, why do I want a handgun? Because I enjoy shooting targets with a handgun.

A better question is, what good reason is there to prevent a responsible gun owner like me from continuing to own a handgun?

Waits in "anticipation" for the mental gymnastics required to eventually, in a roundabout way, place the blame back onto responsible gun owners.

Okay, here's an answer to your question, why do I want a handgun? Because I enjoy shooting targets with a handgun.

A better question is, what good reason is there to prevent a responsible gun owner like me from continuing to own a handgun?

Waits in "anticipation" for the mental gymnastics required to eventually, in a roundabout way, place the blame back onto responsible gun owners.
Do yourself a huge favour and avoid that liberal troll like the plague that he is. People who have zero hobbies other than trolling here for instance don’t care what you enjoy if they feel it’s somehow wrong.

Handguns aren’t the issue, we have the strictest handgun laws around short of being illegal altogether. As a gun owner myself I’ve all but abandoned shooting recreationally due to the headaches.

Back