Trout vs Hernandez on Sept.8(PBC on Fox Sport(Tuesday))

Cotto should have beaten Trout. Trout is made for Cotto. That loss perplexes me.

Trout is actually somewhat competent on the inside unlike most of the slick southpaws that Cotto has destroyed. He's very well conditioned with a high workrate and a size advantage, as well. Those are the differences I see between Trout and the other southpaws Cotto handled (Judah, Quintana, and Martinez off of the top of my head). Still, it definitely did seem like an off night for Miguel.

cut the guy some slack, he faced the three best JMWs not named Floyd in a row. He lost a close fight to one and then got out classed by the next. He deserves a little rebuilding time, he's a good fighter.

Yea but he's taking HUGE steps back with these opponents. It's one thing to go from facing elite opponents to facing average guys. But he's facing straight up journeymen fighters that a prospect would face when he's coming the ranks. It's embarrassing. He's not learning anything from this.

Put this dude in with someone like a Michel Soro and he gets put to sleep.

Cotto should have beaten Trout. Trout is made for Cotto. That loss perplexes me.

That loss had a lot to do with bad gameplanning. Pedro Diaz was not a good coach for Cotto. They played right into Austin Trout's game and lost.

Yea but he's taking HUGE steps back with these opponents. It's one thing to go from facing elite opponents to facing average guys. But he's facing straight up journeymen fighters that a prospect would face when he's coming the ranks. It's embarrassing. He's not learning anything from this.

Put this dude in with someone like a Michel Soro and he gets put to sleep.

I guess, but we've been seeing a lot of this recently: Viloria and Mares are the first guys to come to mind. You have to remember, that after the Lara loss Trout basically lost all leverage in debating contracts. Now he has to rebuild himself to return to being worthy of the big names, no point in risk himself at 154, especially since a lot of the guys aren't marketable. cotto has had some weird picks recently for title defenses, and he's made it clear he has no interest in GGG, if Trout keeps his wins up, I could see him being picked as an opponent for Cotto, especially if Cotto beats Canelo.

don't know much about Soro, but seeing that he's french, I'll have to look into him. Gotta support the nationals.

I guess, but we've been seeing a lot of this recently: Viloria and Mares are the first guys to come to mind. You have to remember, that after the Lara loss Trout basically lost all leverage in debating contracts. Now he has to rebuild himself to return to being worthy of the big names, no point in risk himself at 154, especially since a lot of the guys aren't marketable. cotto has had some weird picks recently for title defenses, and he's made it clear he has no interest in GGG, if Trout keeps his wins up, I could see him being picked as an opponent for Cotto, especially if Cotto beats Canelo.

don't know much about Soro, but seeing that he's french, I'll have to look into him. Gotta support the nationals.

agree with this to a degree, trout has lost to the name guys at 154 canelo and lara; an did so decisively. He has no real leverage, he isn't a name, doesnt have an undefeated record and doesn't have a title; there is no reason for guys to chase him or call him out he has nothing at all. The only guys LOOKING to fight him are guys who are coming up or journeyman types....

he is just trying to keep winning so he can position himself to get a name fight...

i was shocked he left his original trainer; the fact of the matter is trout isnt as good as he thinks, not that his trainer failed him... imo

I'm interested in the fight, the matchmakers for PBC seem to be pretty decent. I had never heard of Aaron Martinez or Curtis Harper but they ended up putting on stronger performances than their records would indicate.

Need more Tuesday night boxing imo

I think there are 6 televised cards this weekend. 2 of the free ones will be good. Charlo vs K9 on one and Stevenson vs Karpensky (more interested in the undercard fight with Errol Spence Jr).

I think there are 6 televised cards this weekend. 2 of the free ones will be good. Charlo vs K9 on one and Stevenson vs Karpensky (more interested in the undercard fight with Errol Spence Jr).

I'm interested in Charlo vs K9 'cause I've got a small bet on K9 pulling the massive upset :)
I hope Stevenson blasts him out early and then goes on to call out Kovalev, but it's more likely that he looks like shit for about 6-7 rounds and then finally catches him. Deflating that potential blockbuster as much as possible.

Honestly, I heard some "pretty boy" guy is fighting this weekend too? Who knew?

the-boxing-tribune

If Faber on win streak? I hadn't heard anything about him ina while. I thought he was on his way out like Glay, but is fighting for title. Who has he beat latey.

Trout wanted to say, "If you aim for the moon, even if you miss, you're still among the stars."

But it came out, "If you aim at the stars, and you don't make it...you're still above everybody else."

Two streets fighters to start off the card.

Oy vey, should've got someone better than Claudia Trejos.

Back