Trouble with my left kick

I tried both and I like the plant more. I seem to generate more power than with the pivot. However, Tokian makes a really good point about the joint strain. When I first tried the plant method I did one where my plant foot stuck and I over rotated my body. I came really close to twisting up my knee. Try them both ways use what works best for you. But be carefull with the plant style.

I don't know if you're already doing this, but take a step with your right leg laterally when you kick with your left. If you keep your right leg in the same position you can't get any thrust on your kick. So take a step with your right leg, pivot on the balls of your feet and swing your leg like a ball bat. Do that shit a couple hundred times and see if it doesn't improve.

you guys gotta realize that u need both legs in good fighting shape, if you favour one side, your opponent will pick up on this and know what side to come at you from. Remember, two good and powerful legs are much better than that one amazing leg everyone knows to avoid

Back