Trouble getting QUALITY SLEEP

melatonin and a new matress.

people kept telling me to check into a new bed and when i finally did it ive never felt so refreshed waking up. it makes such a difference. and supplements i used to take made my sleeping so out of whack it was insane. highly reccomend melatonin over sleeping pills. i didt develop a dependency and now manage to sleep on my own schedule.

So when I saw this thread I decided to try out ZMA again. Last time I was taking it I went off of it because I was having some sleep troubles (which is when I made my long thread on here). Anyways I've been on a great sleep schedule (for me) for over a month. Last night I slept fine with the ZMA. Right now its 12:40am and its the latest I've been up in over a month. I feel wired. Some other things in my life have changed recently so I'm not saying its necessarily the ZMA, but it's definitely on strike 2. One more strike and it's going in the growing pile of junk supplements that didn't do anything for me (pretty much all of them).

I work at GNC (don't hate me) and I know of two very good products that helped me with my sleep. The first one is called Natrasleep. It's an all natural herb extract product that put me to sleep, no groginess and I didn't grow dependent on it. The other product I took is called PowerFull. It's actually a sports nutrition that increases your body's growth hormone levels (I don't suggest ant hormone product if you are under 18). This stuff worked MIRACLES! I slept like a baby, woke up full of energy and that energy stayed with me all day (no jitters, real energy), my recovery was fast, I mean overnight fast. I had no more sore days, no matter how hard I lifted. If you work out a lot and have trouble sleeping I suggest PowerFull. I love that stuff. It's a bit pricy but worth it. No bad side effects either like all the other hormone products.

I've been doing some reading and people say to take your ZMA in the morning instead. I doubt this would still help with sleep taken this way. Another thing to look into is moving electronics away from your bed, which I will be trying tonight.

I used to take ambien right after I got out of rehab my senior year of college and hell yeah it works and hell yeah it produces dependency lol. I take about 2/3 ibuprofen pm's a night to fall asleep, I need the anti-inflammatory nature of the ibuprofen anyway so it works for me.Staying asleep is a struggle sometimes but it would be anyway so I don't really stress about that too much.

I work at GNC (don't hate me) and I know of two very good products that helped me with my sleep. The first one is called Natrasleep. It's an all natural herb extract product that put me to sleep, no groginess and I didn't grow dependent on it. The other product I took is called PowerFull. It's actually a sports nutrition that increases your body's growth hormone levels (I don't suggest ant hormone product if you are under 18). This stuff worked MIRACLES! I slept like a baby, woke up full of energy and that energy stayed with me all day (no jitters, real energy), my recovery was fast, I mean overnight fast. I had no more sore days, no matter how hard I lifted. If you work out a lot and have trouble sleeping I suggest PowerFull. I love that stuff. It's a bit pricy but worth it. No bad side effects either like all the other hormone products.

Interesting about that PowerFull supp. I just googled it and have read some strong praise. *rubs chin pensively*

Interesting about that PowerFull supp. I just googled it and have read some strong praise. *rubs chin pensively*

Not only did I love but my customers love it. It's definetly a good investment. And no bad side effects which is nice.

Knockout by scivation. Works well for a former insomniac. That and a casein shake will do wonders....

I've had a good night's sleep 2 nights in a row now. Both nights I have taken an Advil (twice one night when i had a bad headache) and 1000 I.U. of vitamin D during the day with some dairy. I have also eaten nothing after my dinner (around 6:00) both nights.

This has worked well for me lately, though I don't really plan on taking Advil regularly. It's usually reserved for hangovers, actually.

I'm interested in this product PowerFull. What time would u work out at, morning or evening?

what helped me in no particular order (and I don't do all every night)

1: ZMA + D3 (gel cap form 5000 iu, mg and d help each other absorb), used to have a stuffy nose + post nasal drip every night these seem to stop it completely
2: the breathright strips mentioned earlier (a mouthpiece like you wear when fighting is supposed also actually improve you airflow as well and there's some specifically for sleeping, but I'm always afraid of choking on the damn things if I did that)
3: dim/cover block all light in the bedroom + F.lux: software to make your life better on my computers (basics of the blue light stuff is, you eyes have some receptors that hook directly into you sleep centers that basically take too much blue light as the suns up stay awake!)
4:lower temperature of the room +/ softer mattress
5: multi (sometimes has a low-grade version of the zma effect)
6: sleep on my side instead of stomach or back

and as some of mentioned, both diet and exercise can play a huge role sometimes, oh and the half-life of caffeine makes it get totally out of your system in about 4 hours generally, so thats another avoid for hours before sleeping.

Afternoon actually. Anywhere from the 1-3pm range.

I usually hit the gym in the night around 8-9:30. I'll go home, shower, & try to get some sleep but most nights it's difficult. Wanted to see if PowerFull would help me kill 2 birds with one stone.

have somebody hit you over the temple with a baseball bat that may induce a tranquil state of sleep

It may be the only option that works when working out that late!! haha

I usually hit the gym in the night around 8-9:30. I'll go home, shower, & try to get some sleep but most nights it's difficult. Wanted to see if PowerFull would help me kill 2 birds with one stone.

You should definetly try it out.

So I've been trying a combination of Scivation's "Knockout" product and also PowerFull and it definitely is putting me to sleep at night and I am definitely getting better rest/deeper sleep.

However...

It's also making me sleep shorter periods of time/wake up earlier than normal for no reason; I'm just glad I'm falling asleep without tossing and turning for hours though so whatever.

Back