Trouble being passed in half guard

WBK

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm having trouble in half guard and am getting passed when they slide there leg out backwards and then pass round to the side, whats my best option to stop this occurring?

I think you mean when the top man does the double leg squeeze pass, like this:

The two options that I know of:

1. The wrestler's switch, which is my preferred counter.

2. Stiff arm the collar or head, turn away and pull your legs free one at a time. This is what I think of Saulo's counter (because it is in Saulo's University of JJ book) but this is pretty much the standard counter to this pass that everyone shows.

I can't find a video of the stiff arm counter, but it is just like it sounds. If the top man is leg squeezing and passing to his left, you would stiff arm with your left arm get on your right hip and hip escape and pull your legs to you and reguard.

To hit the switch, his arm is wrapping your leg, so you should be able to just sit up and switch.

I'm having trouble in half guard and am getting passed when they slide there leg out backwards and then pass round to the side, whats my best option to stop this occurring?

????????

sounds like a shin slice, im loving it like mcdonalds fries.

I'm a newb, but like to do this when I end up in half guard. Works a lot for me:

[YT]PCfpv5Rk__4[/YT]

The lockdown halts their motion, freezes that leg, makes them think about the discomfort on their leg, then you can do the whip up and start looking for sweeps. There a few from there.

Best I can describe it is. I have my opponent in half guard and they slide there leg out backwards and then sprawl and pass on the side I'm facing (sorry not experienced only 1 stripe white so that is the best description I can give you).
Looks like lockdown is the best option up to now,I'll need to drill it more to be able to do it quicker

get your hand in their collar sit up and base with the other hand while you twist your body trying to get the knees to the floor which should free your legs from their grip and then come back to face your opponent.

Back