Trivia question

whipyourasstyle

Exitus acta probat
Reaction score
I know someone on here will know the answer. Who was the first BJJ world champ (i.e. mundials) to fight in the UFC?

Amaury? someone here has to know the answer to this.

I know Roberto Traven faught in the UFC and is a 2X Wold Champion, but he went to the mundials after fighting in the UFC

Someone had to do it before BJ in 2000 right? Royce never won the Worlds right?

You got me!

did they have to win the worlds BEFORE they fought in UFC????

in other words, African or European? :icon_twis

Fabio gurgel won worlds in 1996 and then fought at ufc 11 in 1996... there are no results prior to 1996 so thats the best I can do.

did they have to win the worlds BEFORE they fought in UFC????

in other words, African or European? :icon_twis

That was the idea. I know of the guys who fought and then went on to win at the "worlds" (which started in '96 I know)

Fabio gurgel won worlds in 1996 and then fought at ufc 11 in 1996... there are no results prior to 1996 so thats the best I can do.

I guess this is the answer. When in the year was the worlds?? 'cause biteitti fought at UFC 9 in may.

Man you guys are seriously spooled up on your BJJ history. This question came about from an argument with some guy at the gym. I thought it was bitetti but I guess I'm wrong :redface:

That was the idea. I know of the guys who fought and then went on to win at the "worlds" (which started in '96 I know)

I guess this is the answer. When in the year was the worlds?? 'cause biteitti fought at UFC 9 in may.

Man you guys are seriously spooled up on your BJJ history. This question came about from an argument with some guy at the gym. I thought it was bitetti but I guess I'm wrong :redface:

BJJ Worlds' History

Third or fourth page chronicles BJ's path to the championship; a topic that has provoked discussion alot tonight.

Gurgel won the heavyweight title BUT Bitetti won the absolute title in 96 so if UFC 9 occurred after the Worlds that year, then Bitteti is the answer to the question.

The '96 Mundials occurred in February of that year. So Bitteti would be the first, competing in May of that year, 3 months after the first Mundials.

Back