Triumph United Gloves/Headgear

Gonzaginator

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing these two right now. Not gonna spend 1000 bucks on Winning so might as well get the same product for 1/10 of the price. :icon_chee

Anybody got any experience with the NEW Heatseekers (2.0)? Pros and cons?

rhkc2e.jpg

And how about the headgear? It does look exactly like the one from Winning.

IMG_8714__86345_zoom.jpg

I think like one person posted some photos of the TU 2.0's in the review section, but I can't recall them following up on them. Those gloves look nice. I like the color. And, the headgear has the full coverage check pieces, that are raised toward the center to help keep shots off the nose. It does look similar to the Winning FG2900 in design. They both look good. What are the prices, and availability like?

:icon_chee

The design of the new TU's is fresh. Very nice. Also looks like some extreme curve on the grip.

Thanks. The price is around 80-90 bucks for the gloves and 80-90 for the headgear, that's a great deal IMO especially the headgear. Love the headgear, don't know how the padding is though. Either gonna buy a FG-2900 or the TU gloves + Headgear. Hmmm... :icon_neut

i was never a fan of the brand "Sike".... i always liked to wear "Nike"

believe me on this..... its not the same :icon_chee

I know but the Winning headgear is made of fake leather. The TU one is real leather. Everything else is the same. The chin strap, the cheek protectors, the shape, the laces. The only knock on the Winning headgear is that it's fake leather. And TU actually fixed that, and it's less than 1/2 the price. So that's why I'm leaning towards theirs. I just need some more reviews on the TU gloves + headgear. :icon_chee

^ I have had my heatseekers for some time now and I really love them.. I use them sparingly but I have no complaints with them whatsoever

Shipping TU gear from the US to the UK was only a tad bit cheaper than getting Winning, so I went the more "sure" route. No regrets whatsoever.

Shipping TU gear from the US to the UK was only a tad bit cheaper than getting Winning, so I went the more "sure" route. No regrets whatsoever.
Isn't Japan - UK sort of the same thing as US - UK? It's both around 30 bucks. The Winning headgear is 200 bucks plus 30 bucks shipping that's around 230. The TU costs less than half the price even with shipping included.

Damn I only found em in 14 oz... Anyone know any sites were they the blue in 16 oz?

I know but the Winning headgear is made of fake leather. The TU one is real leather. Everything else is the same. The chin strap, the cheek protectors, the shape, the laces. The only knock on the Winning headgear is that it's fake leather. And TU actually fixed that, and it's less than 1/2 the price. So that's why I'm leaning towards theirs. I just need some more reviews on the TU gloves + headgear. :icon_chee

it might look the same. but i'll tell u right now they arent. winnings "fake" leather is some top quality shit, not to mention they use different padding.

theres no way in hell this headgear is the same. i guarentee its a totally different feel and different performance.

the difference between these gloves and headgear... is the same difference between raybans u buy at the sunglass hut and the raybans u buy in chinatown

Isn't Japan - UK sort of the same thing as US - UK? It's both around 30 bucks. The Winning headgear is 200 bucks plus 30 bucks shipping that's around 230. The TU costs less than half the price even with shipping included.

It actually costs more than half if you include the service charge. $120 for the gloves AND shipping, plus customs charges. I wasn't going to pay $150 for TU when I could get Winning for $230. :)

And with the regards to the FG-2900, I have nothing but good things to say about 'em. Have had them for at least 2 and a half months and they still look good as new.

There's really no issue with the particular synthetic leather that Winning uses. If you can remember, GFG (Gorilla Fight Gear) was doing research and development for the GFG Headgear and cut open a FG-2900 (still makes me cringe) and as someone who is familiar with different types of genuine leather and synthetic leather, I trust it when he says that the synthetic leather is top notch.

It actually costs more than half if you include the service charge. $120 for the gloves AND shipping, plus customs charges. I wasn't going to pay $150 for TU when I could get Winning for $230. :)

And with the regards to the FG-2900, I have nothing but good things to say about 'em. Have had them for at least 2 and a half months and they still look good as new.

There's really no issue with the particular synthetic leather that Winning uses. If you can remember, GFG (Gorilla Fight Gear) was doing research and development for the GFG Headgear and cut open a FG-2900 (still makes me cringe) and as someone who is familiar with different types of genuine leather and synthetic leather, I trust it when he says that the synthetic leather is top notch.

ive had mine for almost/over a year... dont remember. but all i gotta say is the leather is still very soft, very flexible, durable and the padding is still super absorbent... i feel the padding hasnt changed one bit since the first day ive got them.

the guy who sparred anderson silva in the wild card gym has some OLD OLD ass winning gear. still looked like it was in good shape. alittle duct tape on it but there must be a reason why he's still using his old ass winning equipment.

Precisely, it's gonna last for years. Much like anything, you just need to learn to take care of the gear.

Though, I have seen a FG-2900 in pretty damn rough condition but it wasn't handled very carefully. It was in a pile of public gloves and Thai pads so it must've been donated or as mentioned, not handled carefully.

yeah winnings synthetic leather is top notch if i wanted to use the same material i'd have to import it from japan (regardless a good top grain leather is a better choice unless your vegan) , as for the the padding again it will be hard to match outside of japan.

mike @ Gorilla Fight Gear

Yeah i went with the Winning headgear instead. The padding looks great and it fits like a glove. I don't know anything about the TU headgear except that it LOOKS like the Winning. But that's not good enough for me.

i think someone needs to do a side by side comparision of the TU and the winning headgears other wise who know maybe the TU are actually better.

Back