Triumph Thai Silencer 12oz vs 14oz

ChrisJ

White Belt
Reaction score
Alright well, after searching on the web and talking to trainers. I wanted to see what you guys thought about this. I'm going to buy some Thai Silencers for sparring, a bit of bag work, and mitt work. If your going to suggest that i get two pairs of gloves, i wish i could buy i have to stay in this budget. My real concern is is their even a noticeable difference between the 12oz vs 14oz. I'm around 146lbs, 5'10, and 16oz are definitely too big. So i basically now have to decide between 14oz thai silencers, or 12oz. I actually have tried on the 12z since my friend has them, but not sure what exactly the difference is with the 14oz's. What do you guys suggest

Triumph*United Thai Silencer Training Gloves | Triumph*United Boxing Gloves | Boxing Gloves & Boxing Glove Accessories from Title Boxing

Your thoughts are appreciated.

IMHO, I would not "necessarily" say, 16oz. are definately too big. However, if you have narrowed your choice to 12 or 14oz., I would say go with 14's.

:icon_chee

14s are all purpose not too light but not too heavy. Acceptable to use in sparring and if your looking for a little extra weight for mits/bag, 14s are a good choice.

Alright i think i'm going to go with the 14oz ones.

I actually just received a pair of each (took advantage of the sale at titleMMA) in the mail yesterday, and the diff really isn't that noticeable. I'm female and I usually wear 12's but the 14's don't feel too heavy or loose on me.

Don't know if I'd want to full contact spar in either pair. Both are a little too firm for that.

Damn you're right, i just called them up the black ones in 14oz are backordered but not sure until when...hmm i might have to just stick with my 12oz's...

IMHO, I would not "necessarily" say, 16oz. are definately too big. However, if you have narrowed your choice to 12 or 14oz., I would say go with 14's.

:icon_chee

Have to agree ECS's advice (as usual). I recently received my 16oz Thai Silencers and they are MUCH more snug than my Kings or Ringside MT gloves. If you're trying to choose between 12oz and 16oz at this point due to what's in stock, you should really consider the 16s. Try a pair out if anyone in your gym has them.

See the thing is i'm about 145-150pounds usually, meaning 16 feel a bit much, most of the guys i train with here all use 14z, or 12z. I'm talking about guys around my weight class that is. Not to mention, title is out of stock on the 16oz in both red and black versions of thai silencer

Get the 16s, you're going to feel like shit when you crush someone's face with the 12s. 5'10" and 145lbs is plenty big to wear 16s.

Ei with headgear i've sparred a bit with 12z we don't go all out, we hit as hard as we wan't to be hit. Hopefully i can figure something out and get the 14z. You have to take into the account that i will be using these for both sparring/bag/mitt work. 16z on bags, mitts...ei.. i don't think so at least not for me.

Just in case anyone's interested, I put my 16oz Thai Silencers on the scale, and they both actually weigh 17oz.

Back