Tristar or Jackson’s, which GSP is better

90 50

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The upcoming Cerrone vs Perry JacksonWink split got me thinking. When you look at GSP’s performance and his career, what parts stand out as better.

He’s had his ups and downs, losing his first title fight, getting the belt, losing the belt and regaining it.

Long decision streak ended by a Tristar finish.

He was a strong finisher, then almost like a light switch , went to a decision machine, and then up off the couch finished a man that Anderson recently could not.

Discuss

Doesn't matter really. He found a way to win that no one has been able to solve. Even though boring, any fighter will take the easiest path to victory.

I think Firas Zahabi is a little more intellectual than Greg cheeseburger Jackson.

Matt Serra had more to do with GSP turning into a decision machine than either one.

GSP had PTSD from Serra for a long time.

Matt Serra had more to do with GSP turning into a decision machine than either one.

GSP had PTSD from Serra for a long time.
Bullshit

Take the first 5 fights after the Serra loss, 3 were finishes and the other two were beatings put on durable tough fighters at the time.

He ko’ed Hughes, tko’ed Serra and subbed Hughes.

Watch the second Matt fight, the one right after Serra and tell me he was trigger shy.
He fucking ax kicked him and put on a striking display.
Then kneed Serra into oblivion.

There was blood in the water, and the Shark came.

He took those fools OUT, that’s not a gun shy Psd after Serra moment.

He went on his long ass decision streak 6 fucking fights after the Serra loss. That’s longer than some ufc WW’s careers.

Easy answer. Nipple tweak GSP was at Jackson's so.....

Can you give me a timeline?During which years did he train at Jackson's,and which at Tristar?
Sorry whitebelt, do the research, form your own opinion and then report back.

I thought he always trained at Tristar and went to Jackson's just for gameplanning.

Tristar.

GSP made Jackson’s relevant by just using them sparingly

I thought he always trained at Tristar and went to Jackson's just for gameplanning.
I think a while back he was nearly full-time Jacksons. Then he was mostly Tristar but did spend a little time at Jacksons and had Jackson in his corner. For his last couple fights, it was only Tristar/Firas. I think Jackson didn't corner either in the Condit fight

I think he is at his best at Tristar. Not a huge fan of Jackson/Wink camp.

Bullshit

Take the first 5 fights after the Serra loss, 3 were finishes and the other two were beatings put on durable tough fighters at the time.

He ko’ed Hughes, tko’ed Serra and subbed Hughes.

Watch the second Matt fight, the one right after Serra and tell me he was trigger shy.
He fucking ax kicked him and put on a striking display.
Then kneed Serra into oblivion.

There was blood in the water, and the Shark came.

He took those fools OUT, that’s not a gun shy Psd after Serra moment.

He went on his long ass decision streak 6 fucking fights after the Serra loss. That’s longer than some ufc WW’s careers.

My memory could be off but he didn't open up against Serra until he had worn him down. I remember him starting the fight with a takedown immediately.

But you're right. Immediately he wasn't a decision machine yet but he started a more wrestling heavy approach which eventually led to a safer style.

My memory could be off but he didn't open up against Serra until he had worn him down. I remember him starting the fight with a takedown immediately.

But you're right. Immediately he wasn't a decision machine yet but he started a more wrestling heavy approach which eventually led to a safer style.
AKA “Jackson GSP”

That’s kinda what I’m trying to ask and find out , and need to do some timelining myself.

But I’m pretty sure , more often than not, Tristar GSP gets the finish while Jackson GSP game plans and coast to decision in fights he could have ended, if he had been soley at Tristar.

I prefer Tristar GSP

I think Firas Zahabi is a little more intellectual than Greg cheeseburger Jackson.
Firas is a nutter who doesn't understand the difference between mysticism and science.

Back