Tristar gym welcomes Joseph Duffy

Bogeyman

Electrical Cord Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Recently signed lightweight Joseph "Irish Joe" Duffy is joining up with the Tristar team in Montreal. He was previously living in London and training out of The MMA Clinic while also working full time in construction.

Interesting move by him, he's looked very impressive since his return to MMA from pro boxing and the UFC supposedly signed him on a "very lucrative" contract.

Love watching this dude fight. Will be interesting to see how Tristar will affect his game.

It's a shame most people will only see him as "the last man to beat Conor McGregor" or whatnot, but he's fucking legit in all areas of MMA. He'll stay in the UFC for quite a while I imagine.

Really good choice, Duffy is a great fighter but very different from Connor he's not a trash talker/cocky.

If Conor gets a title and Duffy stays undefeated in the UFC.

Hory Shiett that's a massive payday.

Tristar will get Duffy's wrestling up to par and they'll keep his striking up to snuff too.

It's a shame most people will only see him as "the last man to beat Conor McGregor" or whatnot [...]

Why is that "a shame?" In this current climate with McG being so outspoken and hyped, that may be the greatest accomplishment to have in the FW division.

Oh no, TriStall will ruin his game and make a point fighter out of him. Shame

Excellent choice. Best camp in mma ran by the best coach in mma. He is legit and definitely made Mcgoat look like an amature. He will be a force at LW.

Very talented fighter, he has some good potential

I always thought the McGregor would end up at Tristar - he seems to be pretty friendly with the top guys there.

Good move

A rematch down the line would be huge

Duffy is already a beast, so it would do nothing but make him better if he went to Tristar.

He would be a nice fit there for sure.

For everybody here: probably he can't make FWs

Why is that "a shame?" In this current climate with McG being so outspoken and hyped, that may be the greatest accomplishment to have in the FW division.

My post came out wrong.

Obviously a first round finish over Conor McGregor is a great thing to have on your record, but I've seen people here write both of Conor's losses (Duffy and Sitenkov) off as "cans" that he lost to early on his career, and if one is inclined to think that way, then they'll probably also assume Duffy is only in the UFC because of some make-believe feud with McGregor and doesn't actually deserve his spot on the roster. Far-fetched?

Ps. Conor fought Duffy at 155lbs, and that's the division Duffy has been signed into aswell. Just thought I'd mention it since you happened to mention the FW division in your post.

Breaking News: Mcgregor wont be going to 155 anymore....

Some good LW talent to work with at Tristar. Makdessi, TUF nations winner Chad Laprise, Aubin-Mercier,Ricci, etc all training out of there. No shortage of talent, coaches, training partners. Most importanty Firas is a coach who adapts well to all styles.

Back